It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we just be NERDS that are interested in UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Palasheea
And don't you for one minute believe those lies in the media that nerds and geeks are one and the same because that's simply not true!

Pretty close though. This is the New hacker's Dictionary definition of "nerd."

Nerd: “one who eats (computer) bugs for a living. One who fulfills all the dreariest negative stereotypes about hackers: an asocial, malodorous, pasty-faced monomaniac with all the personality of a cheese grater. Cannot be used by outsiders without implied insult to all hackers. A computer geek may be either a fundamentally clueless individual or a proto-hacker in larval stage. Also called ‘turbo nerd’ or ‘turbo geek. ..."

Hmmmm, I thought it was the other way around!
Oh well... never mind.

schuyler, you look like a GOON, btw.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

schuyler, you look like a GOON, btw.

Hey, thanks for the compliment, sweetheart. When the blue lightning starts to explode from my fingertips the nerd-baiters will shiver at the Power of the Force and be frightened into the abject silence of the witless and powerless buffoons that they are! Ba ha ha ha!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nerd, Geek...that would be cool with me.
Everyone who knows me knows I am nowhere near the stereotypical nerd or geek, so when I start talking about otherworldly topics, they just think I have finally lost it, I am crazy loony, I have gone over to the fringe, that I need to see "someone" and get some good meds.
I would LOVE to be a nerd or a geek or both I think my life would be so much more interesting if I had the IQ to be able to expand on mine and others ideas. I would take it as quite an honor if someone called me a nerd of course I am a 33 yr old "mom" who really could give 2 poops what anyone thinks of me at this point, ya know?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Your coworker sounds like a shallow minded fool if you ask me. I wouldn't even waste my time caring about what he thinks, when he is obviously wrong.

[edit on 6/11/2007 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
You have to ask yourself..."Do I care about this individual and his opinion? Do I need acceptance from him". If not...don't care and ignore him. Closed minded people panic first.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
who cares....i dont really get called a nerd....((mainly because im a 6'1" convicted felon)) but if i was i wouldnt care i like this site and like having intelligent conversations with intelligent people so if that makes me a nerd....so be it

That co-worker must be a hybrid. It's a ruse.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom_Ace
You have to ask yourself..."Do I care about this individual and his opinion? Do I need acceptance from him". If not...don't care and ignore him. Closed minded people panic first.

lolnotdenyingignorancekthxbai.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
if the pocket protector fits....

www.nerdtests.com...

CX

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I find that the term "nerd" is given to anyone who is either really into a certain subject, or has a lot of knowledge of it. Is that not a good thing?

That could be a UFO's enthusiast, a computer buff, many other subjects, but i think you'll find that the ones who call you those names are either jealous or less intelligent.

I'd take it as a compliment, and let his tires down druing lunch break!

CX.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The Coward

I feel your pain bro. You see I work construction in Baltimore, and to strike up a conversation that doesn't involve chicks or sports is bad enough. When I bring up UFO's or conspiracy, forget it, I know what I'm in for. At first it would piss me off, I got over it. Now I bring it up just to get a reaction out of them.

My boss is the worst one. Anything outside of his comfort zone instantly gets ridiculed. So what I do is overload him with information, from UFO's and conspiracy, to dinosaurs in the Amazon and zombies in Cambodia.

The more outlandish the story the more frustrated he gets. Sometimes it shuts him up, sometimes it doesn't.

BTW I only have two friends that I can actually talk to about these subjects. My advice, enjoy the people who share in your interests, screw everyone else.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think it's part of a conspiracy by TPTB to make anyone interested in UFOs labeled as nerds to prevent other people from becoming interested in UFOs and getting closer to the truth. I have many friends who feel ufology is a social stigma and they thought I was nuts when I told them the conspiracy theories that I believe may be possible. I don't go telling them my 'crazy' conspiracy theories anymore but I hope I live long enough to be able to say to them 'told you so' when we do make public contact with an alien race that discloses the truth.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Alot of people wouldnt think so but im a huge nerd myself. And theres nothing wrong being one! I cannot stress enough about how much I find nerds/geeks attractive.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
he is dumb ... everyone with a above average QI will be interessed in ufos and aliens because it is a challenge ...

dumb people doesnt like to not know things ... thats why religion exists ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join