It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we just be NERDS that are interested in UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yesterday at work, I was caught by a co-worker while I was reading posts on ATS. he said, "WTF!!! YOU NERD!!!" he said that although he believes that life is possible out in the vast universe, that he or none of his friends would ever get caught talking or much less blogging on UFOs and aliens. He said that I am just one more NERD, and that I must of also been into star trek and the likes.

Of course I tried to explain to him that I seen UFOs when I was younger and he really went off, he said that ALL NERDS see weird things and claim something more NERDY and exaggerated. To be honest, I am a martial arts and horror fan. I can't be a NERD!!! I just know UFOs are real because of my experiences. Or could I be?

What do you think, could I really be a NERD like he says, could we all just be a bunch of NERDS that are interested in UFOs and Aliens? Could it be true that there is no one out there, and we just like to think so?

I don't want to be a NERD!!!!!

Lol, actually now that I think of it, i might be a little nerdy. I also own revenge of the nerds!!!

But the issue here would be? Could we indeed be like say, the treckies? Or star wars buffs? could this whole UFO thing just be one more NERD tool to be more NERDY?

[edit on 10-6-2007 by The Coward]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward

What do you think, could I really be a NERD like he says, could we all just be a bunch of NERDS that are interested in UFOs and Aliens? Could it be true that there is no one out there, and we just like to think so?

It is impossible that there is not life out there. Billions and billions of stars and planets, there is life out there somewhere besides us.

I think being a nerd is OK these days. It isnt like revenge of the nerds of the 80's. Todays nerds are starting to run things and take more control.

I want to be a NERD !

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Remember how ignorant that was? I'm not into UFO's but I wouldn't call someone that is a "nerd".

Bottom line is how YOU look at this, not anyone else.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I AM a nerd, and I'm proud to say that.

I don't look like a nerd, but the "typical" nerd habits, I got 'em.

The movie, Revenge of the nerds ? Got it on CD.

Great flick !

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Who cares what people say about you? What they say defines them, not you.

[edit on 10/6/07 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yesterday at work, I was caught by a co-worker while I was reading posts on ATS. he said, "WTF!!! YOU NERD!!!"

He sounds quite immature if he is going around an office calling people 'nerds.' I would take it as a compliment and brush it off. He probably spends his free time watching American Idol and Survivor, so I wouldn't put too much stock in what he, or people like him have to say.

Nerd Power

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have to totally agree, away from ATS i know very few people who would debate what we all discuss on ATS.
And when ever i have tried to talk about such matters with fellow co workers or family, i get a look that says your crazy, or dont be fooled by such matters.

Jeez, if only they had a clue.

You actually bring up a very relevant point for me anyways, whether it be conspiratorial, paranormal, or UFO/Alien related, im viewed as slightly eccentric, or deluded.

We need to educate the masses.

No, your not a nerd.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
who cares....i dont really get called a nerd....((mainly because im a 6'1" convicted felon)) but if i was i wouldnt care i like this site and like having intelligent conversations with intelligent people so if that makes me a nerd....so be it

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
well looking like booger from nerds, id say i was a nerd

im a senior manager for a FTSE 100 company, i have a nice house, nice car, have many nights out and hang in circles that have access to the finer things in life..

I dont hide the fact that im into ufology and love putting those nerd bashers in there place with a few well know facts that they cannot reply to.

My friends are all mixed and weve all stuck from childhood together.. They are Punks, Mods, Nerds, Good looking model types that attract all the chics, a fine collection of freaks if you get us all together.. Give your work collegue a slap from me

(ps i look more like Tony Soprano than Booger so ive been told )

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Yesterday at work, I was caught by a co-worker while I was reading posts on ATS. he said, "WTF!!! YOU NERD!!!" he said that although he believes that life is possible out in the vast universe, that he or none of his friends would ever get caught talking or much less blogging on UFOs and aliens. He said that I am just one more NERD, and that I must of also been into star trek and the likes.

Of course I tried to explain to him that I seen UFOs when I was younger and he really went off, he said that ALL NERDS see weird things and claim something more NERDY and exaggerated. To be honest, I am a martial arts and horror fan. I can't be a NERD!!! I just know UFOs are real because of my experiences. Or could I be?

Lol, actually now that I think of it, i might be a little nerdy. I also own revenge of the nerds!!!

But the issue here would be? Could we indeed be like say, the treckies? Or star wars buffs? could this whole UFO thing just be one more NERD tool to be more NERDY?

i say, # your co-worker and his #ing arguments. he doesnt know # and sounds extraordinary small minded to me. hes one of a herd of billions, a unknowing victim. just dont try to explain yourself, it wont work, because 90% of the world population is brain-washed!

i know and i can tell everyone here reading this, i can assure and guarantee everyone here, that ufos are for real! just watch the skies and wish to see, and you will see.

i saw them many times and i know, i will see them some more times again and i am going to let you know about it here.

and remember to keep your secret experiences for yourself or they will call you insane and put you to hospital. dont trust them. they are just ordinary people. you are not ordinary i suppose. its hard to deal with it, i know that from my experiences. but know that you are special among humanity! you are some kind of "chosen" to experience these things.

best regards

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hum... I'd say there are at least some nerds that are into UFOs. I found some pics online!!

Regardles if NERDS are into UFOs, the bottom line is that ET UFOs are most probably real!!

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Nah, wouldn't say your a nerd, you just believe that we can't be the most friendliest, intelligent, and loving people in the universe. You just have an active interest in it. But i do hate it when people turn the whole ufo field into a little green scaly men from mars topic. Although i get obsessed with it from time to time, i don't know if that's nerdy. Keep looking up, one day you'll find the truth truth.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If your friend's actions and interests are dictated by the perception of an invented concept like the ideological category of a nerd into our reality.

Your friend will never be anything else other then fake to him self in this current life.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Funny thing is, why would you even care??

Nerds are in highschool, unless your 20-25, who cares what this guy says!

And if he is that much of a problem, just go and punch the punk in the face! That will get a little respect your way!

Dont let anyone EVER belittle you!! I know violence seems harsh, but its the only way some respond to.

GO AND KICK HIS ASS, if you can, but if you are truly a nerd....well that sucks for you!

Sorry

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well I must say that was a very immature and honestly ignorant thing that your co-workers said.

To answer the question, no it's not just so called 'nerds' that are interested in
UFOs, people from all walks of life have various interest, heck we've had several presidents
that have had interests in UFOs, a few celebrities and vast amounts of 'normal'
(what's normal these days anyway) people that have an interest in them.

Plus, it can't just be nerds that are interested in UFOs, since I for one am not a nerd.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
wait a sec, just looked at your avatar!! Looks like you wont be doin to much ass kicking!!

But still dont let folks push you around, that just will lead up to an ak-47 in the office!!

And that aint good for noone!

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hmmm, this is a sensitive subject TC. Being called a nerd under any circumstances is indeed a prickly problem.

And don't you for one minute believe those lies in the media that nerds and geeks are one and the same because that's simply not true!

The media is such a liar! And it makes me furious when a fellow UFO believer, like yourself, is called a NERD just because of what he believes in.

But just keep in mind that the nice man at the Army Recruiting Office will have many ideas to help you get through this difficult time if that's the route you want to go....

But just between you and me, even though I'm a female (who's boyfriend is a nerd, btw), I'd rather be called a nerd any-day than being called a geek -- then you REALLY have a problem....

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Coward

Just be yourself, because you are all you've really got. Anyway, the alien races do not discriminate "who" has contact. They work with the collective pool of alien experiencers who are related from before birth, and from all walks of life. I've had alien contact all my life and I'm pretty ordinary.

People who do not know anything about alien life, just don't know anything of the reality of alien life. It's not their fault. They just are not "in the know" yet. And when random people do come "in the know" through all the hype of the ufo field itself, they usually get all the wrong information anyway.

Go by and stick to your own personal experience, I always say.

[edit on 6/10/2007 by EarthSister]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think the UFO/ET subject is disturbing to many people whether they admit it or not. I get tons of those type of comments from friends, family and coworkers any time this topic comes up. I've been called a nerd too for the same exact reason. My opinion is that alot of these people will not allow themselves to think about this subject because of what it could mean to their belief system. I actually started a thread about nobody I know wants to talk about UFO's and I got good feedback and alot of it is relevant to your question. Here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My favorite is when somebody says UFO's don't exist and they have done zero research on the subject. These are usually the "Nerd" labelers. Hey I know just as well as the next guy that there are tons of hoaxes and misidentified objects but there is no way that I will ever believe that every single UFO report ever created is wrong. Are you kidding me, every single UFO report is wrong? That would be a "losing" streak of epic proportions only to be rivaled by my betting on NFL games.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
And don't you for one minute believe those lies in the media that nerds and geeks are one and the same because that's simply not true!

Pretty close though. This is the New hacker's Dictionary definition of "nerd."

Nerd: “one who eats (computer) bugs for a living. One who fulfills all the dreariest negative stereotypes about hackers: an asocial, malodorous, pasty-faced monomaniac with all the personality of a cheese grater. Cannot be used by outsiders without implied insult to all hackers. A computer geek may be either a fundamentally clueless individual or a proto-hacker in larval stage. Also called ‘turbo nerd’ or ‘turbo geek. ..."

Don't take it so bad, just tell this guy he's a Neanderthal and you heard Geico was looking for another cave man for their commercials. You know, "So easy a cave man could do it." Kind of reminds me of a cartoon I saw. There's a UFO in the air and the guy below is saying, "Take me! Take me!" and the UFO replies, "No, you're ugly." Guy sounds like a Luser.

Besides. Look at my picture. Think anyone's gonna call ME a nerd?

[edit on 6/10/2007 by schuyler]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join