It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Denial Machine Documentary video. (About the denial of global warming)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   

This documentary shows how fossil fuel corporations have kept the global warming debate alive long after most scientists believed that global warming was real and had potentially catastrophic consequences. It shows that companies such as Exxon Mobil are working with top public relations firms and using many of the same tactics and personnel as those employed by Phillip Morris and RJ Reynolds to dispute the cigarette-cancer link in the 1990s. Exxon Mobil sought out those willing to question the science behind climate change, providing funding for some of them, their organizations and their studies

Google Video Link

For the record before I start my introduction on this video, I would like to voice my opinion about a certain issue that I feel I should share.

We shouldn't just stop pollution because of global warming. We should stop pollution BECAUSE OF POLLUTION... It shouldn't have to take a danger like global warming to make this world stop the polluting madness... Pollution is not natural and should not even be in our reality on this planet period.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This video is a Canadian documentary that showcases the efforts and funding put forth by big oil companies to deceive the collective conscious awareness on the issues of global warming.

It talks about some rotten scientists who were once funded and paid by tobacco companies to tell the populations that tobacco is not bad for your health. Now being paid by big oil companies, the same people are paid to tell the populations that global warming is not real or that it's not dangerous for us. Also note that, the tobacco companies also joined in the funding for these global warming doesn't exist campaigns...

The video talks about how there are irrefutable facts that global warming is happening and that most of the people who says otherwise are people who are funded by big oil companies to delude people into thinking that there is a debate on the issue while in reality, most of the real scientists already confirmed that global warming is happening.

The video talks about how the politicians uses loopholes like ''reduce greenhouse emissions density''. This is literally a political twisted solution that does no help at all and is just designed to give the illusion that they are doing something to solve the problem while in reality it's just disrupting the perception of the issue.

There is a paradox in the argument that they can't stop polluting because of the economy and how it's designed. That reasoning is flawed since, if we continue this way, we might extinct our species and there wouldn't be any economy left to worry about.

Basically, the video talks about the denial machine, which is the name of the documentary.

And also, Some of you will notice a consensus that there is a shockingly striking resemblance between some of the debunkers and hardcore skeptics of ATS and the ones in this video. Not saying that all the skeptics on ATS are like the people portrayed in this video but it does put things into perspective about certain aspects of ATS that cannot be healthy at times.

I might have missed some details about the overall content of the video because I'm going by memory here.

Enjoy the documentary, it put things into perspective about government dis info fundings and purposely put in place delusions.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by selfless]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Oh, I forgot to add this link.

www.cbc.ca...

The website of the documentary.

This documentary was created by a show called the
fifth estate

This is media that matters and is not intended to keep people in ignorance like almost all the news media out there...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
awesome find!!!! the Frank guy, who used to work for the bush admin. kinda scared me...i dont know why. But he seemed like he had a true change of heart. But then again...this video, make the goverment look like satan, and the eviromentlist look like saints...could this have been funded by eviromentists? in a sort of counter-attack? ('
')

[edit on 10-6-2007 by boyester]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Youtube video link

Here is a link to one person who I doubt is getting payed of by any huge company, or if he is they need to get him more money to use on his presentation. He is basicly analyzing the data given to us by the "experts" on the climate change and global warming. Now if you are not interested at looking at the data or just dont care thats fine. However I would suggest you atleast take a look at it before you take what you are being told at face value.

The link is to a 12minute part of one of his presentations. Which really made me look at his films was that he actually gave the data and you can actually get his whole presentation as a PDF file from his website. Without the regular scare tactics all the "official" line we are being spoon fed it all suddenly make a whole lot of sense to me. But dont take my word for it look it up if you are interested in the matter. Also I have never met the guy I just came across his clips and became interested if there was anything to it.

On another note, I do agree that we need to worry about pollution and how we treat the planet but if we dont really know whats going on and dont talk about the real issues and problems we arent doing anyone any good. If you find it interesting check his youtube page for the longer presentations on the subject or click the link below.

Latest 60minute live presentation.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boyester
awesome find!!!! the Frank guy, who used to work for the bush admin. kinda scared me...i dont know why. But he seemed like he had a true change of heart. But then again...this video, make the goverment look like satan, and the eviromentlist look like saints...could this have been funded by eviromentists? in a sort of counter-attack? ('
')

[edit on 10-6-2007 by boyester]

No, the fifth estate is a Canadian show that makes documentary that the government don't want you to see.

If you go here you can read about it.

www.cbc.ca...

It always talks about different subjects and is not biased to lie about things. Well not yet anyways from what I've seen.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gonjo
Youtube video link

Here is a link to one person who I doubt is getting payed of by any huge company, or if he is they need to get him more money to use on his presentation. He is basicly analyzing the data given to us by the "experts" on the climate change and global warming. Now if you are not interested at looking at the data or just dont care thats fine. However I would suggest you atleast take a look at it before you take what you are being told at face value.

Well This thread is just about the video i posted, not to debate wetter global warming exists or not.

For me, I don't need research to tell me that something is wrong because I knew there was before the global warming concept was even introduced to the populations. I always knew pollution would do us in one way or another because it's not compatible with the nature of our existence.

And before global warming was announced, I clearly noticed huge differences in weather patterns and how things were changing.

So no, I don't really need look at some debates on global warming, for me it's a reality. I always wanted to stop pollution anyways and global warming is not the thing that makes me speak bad about pollution and it never was.

Originally posted by Gonjo
On another note, I do agree that we need to worry about pollution and how we treat the planet but if we dont really know whats going on and dont talk about the real issues and problems we arent doing anyone any good. If you find it interesting check his youtube page for the longer presentations on the subject or click the link below. presentation.

To be honest, I don't care about the debate on the existence of global warming. I am just happy that it's making some people wanting to stop pollution completely because that's always something I wanted to vanish.

So wetter there is global warming or not, I'm happy that there is the concept in our stream of thoughts if it can make a few people snap out of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thank you SO much for posting this video. Excellent documentary ... Kudo's to the Canadians.

Personally I'm so sick and tired of the political denial debate going on about global warming ... especially here on ATS ... that I've given up arguing with anybody.

If Lemmings could talk, I'm sure they would deny they were heading for the cliff. I just keep reminding myself not all of them get in line.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm glad you appreciated the video

:0

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avastar
If Lemmings could talk, I'm sure they would deny they were heading for the cliff. I just keep reminding myself not all of them get in line.

Good analogy, I couldnt have said it better myself.

Ye, old climate change.

[edit on 10/6/07 by Gonjo]

new topics

top topics

join