It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret society targets techies Scam or...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
On yahoo answers I have seen mentions of people getting letters from "Athenian Secret Society". The letters have mentioned personal items about the people and most of the people were to reply in a matter of two or three days tops. Some wrote it off as scam:

www.ripoffreport.com...

The above website mentions a last book that is to be purchased but what caught my interest is the address:

Athenian Secret Society
Phone: 716-871-2844
Fax: 716-447-7488
3357H Southpark Place
Grove City, Ohio, 43123
U.S.A.

Doing a google search "3357H Southpark Place" brings my first hit to Microsoft:

www.microsoft.com...

On the page you will click and see:

Q. What if I don't agree with the terms contained in the package or want to return something I've ordered?
A. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your direct purchase or license from Microsoft Press, you may return it to us (postage prepaid) for a full refund within 30 days of receipt of shipment, provided that you may not retain any copies of any item that you return to us. All returns must be in resalable condition and must be accompanied by the original packing slip or a photocopy of it.

Please send returns to:
Microsoft Press #937
c/o ClientLogic
3357H Southpark Place
Grove City, OH 43123

Well I have yet to see a scan on a letter or any of the three books and lastly if anyone has followed it fully out. Could be creative hiring like gorilla marketing? Maybe a I/T secret society based on technological secrets and powers based on the such? Or some guy that works there making extra income from work? You be the judge.

If anyone has a letter or any of the books please scan.

Cug

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
the 3357H Southpark Place address is one of the addresses of a direct mailing services called Client Logic. So nothing to do with Microsoft.

You might want to search the forum for the Nouveau Tech Society this looks like the same thing.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A while back I received the package from "Nouveau"... very well done recruiting method for some self help "secret to life" type of program. Of course will a back ground in sales I can tell you its sole purpose was to get you to spend the $900 plus dollars on this package.. within the time limit of course. It was followed by a second chance letter. I have used its methods in other projects I have worked on.. Very effective for those whom want to believe. But over all I am confident it is more of a scam than anything else.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have gotten letters from them asking for 139.00 for a 2000 page book. It's the same address, but they are asking me to join the Illuminati. I have "amazing talents that" they found by reviewing my profile. From what profile, I don't know. I read up as much as I could find and the Illuminati scare the crap out of me. I then looked up the address and it brought me to Rip Off Report: Nouveau Tech Society - Neo-Tech Society ripoff. So I am very leary about it now. More so than before, only because it scared me before. They have sent me at least 4 letters from anonymous authors who are rich and famous and so on. They have given me a deadline to send in the money for the book and say that if I don't, the offer will never be available again. But they keep sending me letters. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just to keep everything in one pile...

Let's add to this thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join