It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iridium Flare/Psychic Experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I just had the most exotic psychic experience.
Ever since I joined this site I have had many dejavus and when I first stood on the back poarch tonight I felt like I was having a dejavu.

That lasted a while so I just stood there taking it all in and thinking about the strangest feeling that the future was predetermined. After that feeling left I went out into the back yard and started doing some astronomy with my binoculars.

I was standing out side looking at venus and saturn when I thought would it ever be cool to see a satellite iridium flare
www.satobs.org...
When bang across the top of the sky goes a iridium flare.

I had my binoculars and followed the satellite and got several more bright flares as I followed it for about two minutes moving south to north.

This was in Cornwall Ontario, between 11: 09 and 11:11 PM June 9/2007

what I find is so weird because I had the strong dejavu before I went out then I had the experinece right after I thought it....and I am so in tune with the universe its amazing.

I swear to God this is true in the Name of Yeshua

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
well I am still kinda tripping over last nights spectacular iridium flare episode and my psychic relation to the whole event.

Its a once in a lifetime experience to have space, time, your consciousness and the universe come together like that.

How many here have seen an Iridium Flare?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Very cosmic indeed, Junglelord. It does sound as if you are truly "in tune with the universe", or at least you had one of those great "cosmic coincidence" experiences.

I have a story that's Off-topic for Iridium flares, but on-topic for "cosmic coincidences"...

...back in my younger days (the late 1970's) our family was having a cook-out at our next door neighbor's house. Our neighbors gave my brother and I each a can of soda (or "pop" as we called it). We were both drinking "Cherokee Red". I opened mine and poured the red-colored pop into a glass. I said "what flavor is Cherokee Red anyway -- cherry?, strawberry?...lots of fruits are red". My brother said "the color is totally artificial, and if the color wasn't added, the pop would still taste the same -- but it would be clear." He then proceeded to open his can and pour it into a glass, and wouldn't you know...his Cherokee Red was totally clear, as if they forgot to add the coloring!

Now that's what I call a cosmic coincidence.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What has this got to do with science or technology?

So you saw a flare off a satellite, a few minutes after thinking 'I'd like to see a flare off a satellite', and decided you had had a 'psychic experience'.

Please explain how this relates to either science or technology.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
UMMMM
its in space, I was out doing astronomy, I saw an Iridium Flare, happened to know what it was and wanted to see one.
Lots of talk about consciouness and the universe
I thought the extra information was interesting but not space related directly....all in all I see no reason not to post I saw an Iridium Flare and want to ask others of their particular observations.
Is that good enough>?

[edit on 11-6-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
UMMMM...

Is that good enough?

No, it isn't.

This kind of thing should be in the Paranormal forum.

The Complain button seems to have disappeared. If it was still available I would certainly have used it.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
well your taking it all out of context.
Like I said my interest was in Iridium Flares and Astronomy
The title clearly states Iridium Flares first and I clearly asked for forum members that have seen Iridium Flares, not for psychic experiences.

PS
If I wanted to come off as some type of psychic then I would have posted it in paranormal, and If I wanted to rather connect it to consciouness I would also have posted it there.

In the end I am allowed to talk about the events surronding the time I saw the Iridium Flare without making any claims about them. I am no psychic and I never claimed to be one. I am an amature astronomer and thats all this post is really about. If you check you will see that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your very misguided, I will pray for you.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hi Junglelord. Whilst you're still tripping from your experience and still in the mood why don't you try a little cloud melting. Might sound daft but it really does work and you sound like you're in the right frame of mind to try it.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've seen lots of them.
Never in a psychic way.
BUT, You can make yourself appear psychic, by reading the Flare schedule at the www.heavens-above.com... website.
All you need is your LAT. and LONG. to get the schedule. This website can even help you figure that out.

Here is a photo, by yours truly.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
No I am not into cloud busting, pretending to be psychic.

But I am interested in identifying the satellite that I saw, thanks for the link, lets see if we can name that satellite.

gee I am already a member of that site, I thought it was only for the space station....stay tuned.

Ps I am watching NASA TV right now....installing the new trusses.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Alright. I never realized that web site had other satellites
www.heavens-above.com...
DOOOH

I actually have the satellite I saw and its Iridium 19 with a magnitude -1
yeah it was bright.

www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thanks for that heavensabove.com link - thats goin in my faverates

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
now I have a list of the Iridium Flares for the next 7 days based on my location.
www.heavens-above.com...

here is the list for my location that informed me of my sighting on June 9
Iridium 19 at 22:11. just like I posted
So cool

www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hey Junglelord - I know where you live

Edit: removed your lat / long

[edit on 11/6/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
wow are you psychic?

yes I live in Cornwall...and google earth is my friend

so is that satellite web page I was a member of but did not know its full use, like Iridium Flares

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thats cool, I live in Devon (UK) and cornwall is just over the river Tamar, didn't know there was another Cornwall!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
bounced again.

ok so why is amatur astronomy and iridium flares not good enough for space talk on ATS

either the mods need to take a break or inform me of what is proper posting proceedure.

space is not about satellites and nighttime astronomy even if your an amature>

sad state of control on this forum I am beginning to think
and am I being targeted?

four post in four days.
am I stupid or is this a conspiracy?
:shk:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I lodged a complaint
I fail to see how this is not acceptable for the space section in ATS
or needed to be shuttled to BTS general chitchat.
I am not impressed with the moderators on this forum that seem to have some thing to gain by taking legitament threads and moving them to places where they get buried.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Your not alone, My threads get bump, thrashed around like a bouncy ball, as well my avatars are always super loooked into,. 25k over the 75k limit and 1 day after I post it it gets shat on and removed, honestly think its funny when yer able to post yer HUGE archive of Avatars in a thread but you cant go a smig over that God inforced 75k limit.

I feel yer post was in the right thread, my stuff may not be justified but your thread was in a right area IMO.

great site with great info and great people, so i will just swollow my pride and listen to goonies.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
thanks for the reply, I guess nothing is perfect, I should know that by now.

I did think it was a vaulable thread in the space section as I was able to identify my satellite and get proper use from a site I was a member of.

I look forward to my next observation on June 12 @ 22:02
I hope to get a picture of this one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join