It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's in your Pantry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
what is the foods you alway have in of your pantry?

mine's is Ramen noodle soup, Mac and Cheese, canned sardines, tuna and salmon, and lastly saltine crackers... i love them!!! eat alone or with a variety of toppings!!

sorry no
in pantry

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Everyone has good stuff in their pantry.

All I have is cardboard squares (cereal), some juice, and other disgusting stuff bought at the Chinese supermarket.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ranch Style beans bitches!

lol

think some canned salmon, tuna, even chicken maybe...

and soups

oatmeal... that about it

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

mine's is Ramen noodle soup, Mac and Cheese, canned sardines, tuna and salmon, and lastly saltine crackers... i love them!!! eat alone or with a variety of toppings!!

Sounds like college days, hehe....

Lots of spices (just about everything under the sun)
Cans: soup, gravy, spaghetti sauce, veggies
Boxes: instant potatoes, pasta, noodle dinners, cup a soup, teas
Packets: marinades, drink mixes, noodle dinners
Bottles: oil, vinegar, olive oil, balsalmic vinegar, soy sauce (put it in almost everything), kitchen bouquet (for gravies), sauces
Misc.: candy melts (making homemade candies for the wedding favor bags....), other baking stuff (mom is a professional baker, so I learned a thing or two)...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have slim fast, tim horton's coffee, peanut butter, bread, cereal (that my husband only eats "after work" for some strange reason) and wasabi, vodka, and wine.

That is it...

We usually go out to eat and snack when we watch movies...

No
in there at all!!! I think
is discusting!!!
Ewwww *skin crawls*

World watcher,

Don't you find sardines salty?? I'm curious to know how it tastes when you eat them...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Rats.. mice.... snakes... rabbits... Anything i can get my Fangs in

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
you mean you got canned mice and rats in your cupboards? ewwwhhhh!!! and you eat other snakes too? you cannibal!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

rice. canned tomatoes. mac and cheese. crackers. tea. canned and packaged soup. tuna. peanut butter.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Originally posted by worldwatcher

rice. canned tomatoes. mac and cheese. crackers. tea. canned and packaged soup. tuna. peanut butter.

What?! No Doughnuts????

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
ugh. no. lol. I've never been a fan of doughnuts.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   

'whispers' Tim Hortons ... Tim Hortons ....

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

whispers .. Tim Hortons ... Tim Hortons ... Sheesh don't you ever watch Canadian Air Farce ?! lol

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ah, blessed Tim Hortons. lol

I love their English Toffee capuccinos. But no donuts. Nope. hehe

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a huge water sensitive alien which has lost a few fingers.
damn mel

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Man: You sit here, dear.

Wife: All right.

Man: Morning!

Waitress: Morning!

Man: Well, what've you got?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam...

Waitress: ...spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...

Vikings: Spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife: Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.

Wife: I don't want ANY spam!

Man: Why can't she have egg bacon spam and sausage?

Wife: THAT'S got spam in it!

Man: Hasn't got as much spam in it as spam egg sausage and spam, has it?

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam... (Crescendo through next few lines...)

Wife: Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

Waitress: Urgghh!

Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like spam!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!

Vikings: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up! (Vikings stop) Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife: I don't like spam!

Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Vikings: Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.

Man: Well could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress: You mean spam spam spam spam spam spam... (but it is too late and the Vikings drown her words)

Vikings: (Singing elaborately...) Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!

Sorry had to do it

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'd like to update my answer....

Tons of slim fast meal bars, garlic cloves, onion soup mix for the cabbage soup, figs, popcorn, still have the guac mix I haven't used yet. tuna, 3 cans of slim fast powders, 1 strawberry, the other is chocolate royale, and the other is a soy based powder, which i like the best. and slim fast pastas, potato's, and canned tomatoes. oh yeh, and vodka and melon ball...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
After years of tweaking our supply cupboards, here's what is there today:

Dried items: Red and green lentils, oat groats, rolled oats, kamut, split peas, spelt, brown rice, shelled almonds, ditto pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds, candied ginger, aduki beans, black beans, blackeyed pea beans, couscous, millet, hulled barley, rolled barley flakes, soybeans, and dried pasta.

Canned goods (which we are trying to phase out) include canned beans, canned peas, and a little canned fruit. We also stock jars of pasta sauce, small jars of sliced pimentos. Jarred sauces we use include Thai peanut sauce, tamari sauce (similar to soy sauce), teriyaki sauce, and Indian curry sauce. Aseptic packs (which we are also trying to phase out) include soy milk, tofu, and vegetable broth. Oh, I should also include that we have 12 3-gallon containers of filtered water from our local food co-op which has a quintuple water filtering machine for 30 cents a gallon.

We got started on storing more non-perishable food when the whole Y2K thing was at its zenith. We continued along those lines afterwards because we live in a semi-rural area where the roads aren't great to begin with, electric power interruptions are hardly unheard of, etc.

Anyway, in the refrigerator we have SmartDogs (amazingly tasty soybased hot dogs), packaged tempeh (easy to bake in the oven with a little soy sauce), soy mozarella, and Trader Joe seasoned baked tofu (a new item they started to carry about 3 months ago). Note: I used to avoid tofu until I learned how to cook it. The rest of the refrigerator contains fruit in season, various veggies, two kinds of sprouts - mung bean and blackeyed pea sprouts at the moment. Also soy yogurt, South River miso (best miso in the United States -- I have never ever before seen a manufactured food product with no expiration date because none is needed... this miso keeps indefinitely in the refrigerator.) Condiments include rice vinegar, honey mustard and sesame miso dressings, gomasio (a seed based seasoning mix). Drinks include homemake iced tea - both black tea and WildBerry noncaffeine which can be made from the Celestial Seasonings WildBerry tea bags. Also homemake coffee mix made from a coldprocess method, and grapefruit juice.

In the freezer is mostly frozen portions of previous homecooked meals. Desserts include tofutti and fruit bars. Also frozen are peas, Trader Joe vegetarian egg rolls and vegetable tempura, chickenless nuggets, Boca Burgers, and Trader Joe enchiladas. Also sprouted wheat flat bread (because I have a food intolerance for wheat other than sprouted wheat -- I get killer headaches from many wheat products).

Miscellaneous in baskets on counters: Licorice candy, Altoids, some kind of weird power bars I am avoiding so far, tostada shells, rye crackers of various kinds, Japanese style rice crackers wrapped in seaweed, rice cakes, Trader Joe corn chips.

In jars on the counter: I discovered I bought many different kinds of seaweed and then never used them because they were stashed away in cupboards! So now in jars on the counter near the stove are arame, wakame, dulse, kombu (fantastic as a soup base) and hijiki. Also 2 different types of green tea, one type of black tea, and in the cupboards are 14 other types of noncaffeine tea.

Also in cupboards are about 25 different spices, Hain Vegetarian Gravy mix (actually tastes wonderful), sugar (hey I have my vices), molasses, and Szechuan sauce jars from our local Chinatown.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Mainly spices, some coffee beans, boxes of assorted stuff. But basically I'm on a Just In-Time System, buying what I want to eat just before I make it.

new topics

top topics

join