It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there an "Atlantis" in the Arabian Peninsula?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Qu'Ran discusses the city of Iram. This city, apparently, suffered the wrath of Allah for its infidelity.

However, there are many further, subsequent references to this region being called "Fortunate Arabia" in various tongues.

No, i am not portraying that Atlantis was in Arabia. Merely pointing to a nice find of a nice city that, like Troy, was only referenced in mythological type stories by locals, usually handed down verbally.

www.55a.net...

Very interesting article.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh yes, it was, it is and it will always be.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by CinLung-Part-1]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This is totally irrelavant, and not even close, geologically to the OP.

To the OP,
Nice find, and I enjoyed reading the link.

Keep up the good work.

Lex

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Which part is not irrelevant?

Is the JEALOUSY not relevant?

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The Qu'Ran discusses the city of Iram. This city, apparently, suffered the wrath of Allah for its infidelity.

But how many cities HASNT suffered the wrath of Allah (or God, or any diety in any religion) throughout the ages...

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
that brings up another topic altogether. Mankind has a penchant for self destruction. Combine this with living in a dangerous universe, full of hazards, and you can see why most civilizations in our history have failed at one point or another.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

\No, i am not portraying that Atlantis was in Arabia. Merely pointing to a nice find of a nice city that, like Troy, was only referenced in mythological type stories by locals, usually handed down verbally.

...and that, exactly, is the evidence that Atlantis is a myth.

There are no other local legends or other legends. No art, no references to it in writings, etc. Until the late 1800's when the psychics started channeling things, there was only Plato's refernece and a comment or two from the 18th century.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Perhaps.

I believe that Atlantis, like most other myths, is true and real (in one form or another). I believe that possibly it represents something that is predeluvian.

The problem with Atlantis research is that the US Navy will not tell us what they see on the ocean floor. If it is of any value it likely would not be something that we would know about.

there has been some interesting research pertaining to ruins off the coast of Cuba...but i believe that this is just more mesoamerican construction from a time when ocean levels were much, much lower.

I will also say that lately I have toyed with the idea that worlwide water levels are dependant on the planet itself. It would seem that mars could possibly contain similar water levels to Earth, just trapped within the soil itself. This is a very interesting idea. How would that apply to earth? It would give a new understanding to the concept of the Flood Myth, as it would explain the water rushing up from underground (as described).

It is odd how many of these stories of mystery are possibly tied together. Maybe not odd...but interesting to ponder.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Mars has nothing to do with earth
so pages and pages of poorly researched pictures from non valid ufo websites would not be on topic in this thread
ty

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nice. Its like having an old friend find you out of nowhere.

But if you wanted a model on how water levels could change drastically, it would seem as though it would be on topic.

However, if you would like to add your own narrowly defined parameters for Atlantis, perhaps we should move to an actual Atlantis thread, not a thread dealing with yet another parallel: a large fabled city/state.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

However, if you would like to add your own narrowly defined parameters for Atlantis, perhaps we should move to an actual Atlantis thread, not a thread dealing with yet another parallel: a large fabled city/state.

Well, what Plato said was:

It was 9,000 years before his time.
Atlantis sank and left only a large mud flat
The armies of Atlantis marched against Athens and Athens defeated them soundy.
It's beyond the Gates of Heracles.
He discussed their government (briefly) and some of the things found on the land (briefly) and gave a size for it (about 400 miles x 300 miles or so) and mentioned the circular canals and earthworks that stretched along the whole thing.

Most importantly, he mentioned that the Greeks defeated the Atlanteans.

During that time, the Greeks were not yet in the Bronze age, so they were wielding clubs and slings.

Everything else was "channeled." Seriously. Go read Plato and see for yourself!

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh... I think that the picture of the structure under the ground (on the original page) is a fake. I have seen photos of underground stuff taken by satellites and it doesn't look anything like that. You don't get that detailed.

So that part of the thing is false. Perhaps we should check up on the other part?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
if you want an opinion narrower than mine on this, simply ask our resident expert on all things moslem
Cinlung

Oh... I think that the picture of the structure under the ground (on the original page) is a fake

I concur

A picture of “Iram” ’s castles that were found on a depth of 10 meters under layers of sands. It is characterized by its huge pillars. The picture was taken via an American satellite.

unexcavated ruins are rarely depicted on satellite images in wireframe

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd Well, what Plato said was:

It was 9,000 years before his time.

He tuned in the wrong frequency, it is 2000 c.e.

Originally posted by Byrd He discussed their government (briefly) and some of the things found on the land (briefly) and gave a size for it (about 400 miles x 300 miles or so) and mentioned the circular canals and earthworks that stretched along the whole thing.

Did Greek has miles as measurement unit in the old day?

Originally posted by Byrd Most importantly, he mentioned that the Greeks defeated the Atlanteans.

Yes, during Alexander time Greek invaded Middle East

Originally posted by ByrdEverything else was "channeled." Seriously. Go read Plato and see for yourself!

Yes, it is channeling. I am sure about it though I never read Plato.
and he tuned in wrong frequency during channeling. You know channeling always mix up, wrong years, wrong place.

Atlantis is in Arab, middle east. And it is now 2000 c.e.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
if you want an opinion narrower than mine on this, simply ask our resident expert on all things moslem
Cinlung

Mine is FOCUS while others are narrow. You must know the difference between focus and narrow.
I never give up focusing, at least not here.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Atlantis, I have no idea,
www.occult-advances.org...

marduk should have fun with this.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
What is up with the Potato head avatar ish? Good lord, you surely do have the most refined sense of the absurd ever, don't you?

I will tell you what...in my honest opinion there is ample evidence to support mans existence on earth in great antiquity. Various levels of advancement seem probable to me.

It is easy to believe that there is a parallel to ancient languages and people. That seems obvious. What I keep asking myself is why do we have to start over? What causes it?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Atlantis, I have no idea,
www.occult-advances.org...

marduk should have fun with this.

Please
don't get me started

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What is up with the Potato head avatar ish? Good lord, you surely do have the most refined sense of the absurd ever, don't you?

I will tell you what...in my honest opinion there is ample evidence to support mans existence on earth in great antiquity. Various levels of advancement seem probable to me.

It is easy to believe that there is a parallel to ancient languages and people. That seems obvious. What I keep asking myself is why do we have to start over? What causes it?

obsurdity take years of practice.................

and what makes one culture advance while others have stayed in the Amazon?

Well,even they are not isolated any longer.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
whats advanced about us exactly ?
you don't think that coming down from the trees was a big mistake then ?
what about leaving the oceans ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join