It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK goverment to lift lid on UFO secrets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Overall impression:

Half (offbase, offduty) sees something that I honestly believe really WAS the lighthouse -- particularly after reading the reports and looking at the illo on the Rense site: www.rense.com... (note: that's a fair rendering and could be explained either way, but if you look at it, you can see how a light could be mistaken for a spacecraft.) The light was investigated and nothing found.

Incidents over several days (including the fireball) were meshed into a single incident.

CONTROVERSIAL POINT: I think Half believed he did see a UFO and the attention/ego factor made it impossible for him to back off that position.

After the incident, people started coming forward with faked tapes ("with strong American accents") and faked evidence to get attention. Credulous writers accepted these as proof and the incident grew. More fakers showed up with faked Ministry of Defense records.

...okay... end of my review. Time for someone else to review it.

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Been away for a couple of days.

Great work Byrd!!

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just wanted to BUMP this great thread that I found thumbing thru the old threads here...

I haven't seen this kind of alien research and discussion around here in a while. So, I just thought this was definitley worth the read again.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

After the incident, people started coming forward with faked tapes ("with strong American accents") and faked evidence to get attention. Credulous writers accepted these as proof and the incident grew.
...okay... end of my review. Time for someone else to review it.

Excellent review, but only after reviewing part 1 of the documents, on page 5 (of 39), there is a mention of the Americans having tape recordings.

I'm only pointing this out, in the likely event that I misunderstood you, as your comment above seems to insuate that the tapes were infact fabricated after the incident and given to the populace ie. the mass media, rather than the military ?

Or have I completely misunderstood ? (

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
another interesting point is that on the 2nd part of the document (page 19 of 35) the end of the letter states that they have no knowledge of a tape recording.

Yet in Part 1 (as I mentioned previously) of the 5 pdf's, they mention the tape twice in official documents.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Doh, I should have read further down - ignore this post !.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by timb3r]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So, is this thing for real i take it? is this a half of a smoking gun? *prays to god*. But nontheless i'm still skeptical, why would any government release info about aliens, when it doesn't benefit them?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
So, is this thing for real i take it? is this a half of a smoking gun? *prays to god*. But nontheless i'm still skeptical, why would any government release info about aliens, when it doesn't benefit them?

I haven't read the reports, but from Byrd's analysis, the government never said it was aliens. A few officers and some whackos think it was, but the official report is that it was just some odd lights.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

From S3ansk1

The reason we dont see any leaps and bounds in our technology is because they do not want us to have the technology, which i magine you mean things like free energy?? as money makes the world go round and is the root to all evil! so why would they suddenly stop increasing the prices of petrol and give us free energy lol??

The goverment are very clever, they will just release little bits to see how we react as the public. I think theres so much bluffing and double bluffing going on as far as the technology of today is concerened, i think they have underground technology way more advanced than we can imagine, but each year maybe they leak some technology for scientists to fget excited over and create sometihng new..ie the ipod ect! i guarantee you that years ago tey had holographic technology, we have reached the limits with normal tv hd ready blueray ect and next can only be 3d-holograms whcih you will see i bet my life within 10 years it will be released or the advertising of! ufos do i exsist but maybe if they did tell the public there would be a riot lol!! it would excite me and change my whole outlook on life, and personally ithink it would bring us closer together as a nation!

I'll end by saying theres no smoke without fire.....all these old sayings are so true!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join