It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

computer recieved messages from a manwho claimed to be living in the 16th century?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CromCruachh

of course this book will never likely be found and just add to the mystery
I often think people make these stories up for fun and just to keep us all guessing and enjoying the mystery that is life

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Cool, thank you for that little tidbit. I had not come across it yet. Still doing some digging.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yeah probably lol.
I don't believe nor disbelieve it.
Main reason i'm interested is not just the mystery(although everyone enjoys a mystery), but the ideas books like these contain. I mean, Corporeal entities which exist in the "tachyon" universe outside of time? Using magnetic fields to discover another fraction of the atom? Time, Ufo's and poltergeist activity all related? Travelling through time using consciousness instead of matter? Hoaxer or not, whoever wrote these messengers was very thoughtful and had some interesting ideas. for that alone i think it's worth studying.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is a fun story. Perhaps might be better in the Short Stories section.

Nobody introduces themself and follows up immediately with what year it is. It doesn't make sense.

Hi, I'm Bob. It's 2017.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Found this link that shares more details about 2109, Harden, etc.
Book ITC F-38.9 Ken Webster

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
2109 hasnt contacted me.

Not fair.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CromCruachh
Time, UFOs, and most other types of the paranormal (phenomena) are in some way all connected.
The theories of quantum physics in your time do not anywhere near corresponde with our understandings on this subject, therefore you will be non the wiser if we were to explain it to you. The only thing that you may relate to is a theory brought forward by an extremely clever scientist who claims, in your time, that there is an unconscious link between, not just living organisms, but also between minerals as well. The link is to do with two fractions of the atom, one which has not been discovered as yet in your time. This unknown fraction will only be understood when your time realises that there are other ways of monitoring these particals besides light and sound- the connection is to do with magnetic fields.

Well, I guess grammar and spelling continue to go out the window for the next 90 years or so, despite what I assume will be advances in computer ability to do those things.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Lol. You don't get it... 2109 aren't human. Nor were they typing at a keyboard. This is not really a time travel book.
Whether they named themselves 2109 so Ken and Debbie would assume they were from the future (which would be easier for them to comprehend) maybe so. The number 2109 is significant in Chaldean Numerology too, which is what intrigued Gary Rowe, who finished the communications with the "2109" entity, since they claimed Gary more suited.

edit on 21-6-2017 by CromCruachh because: fixed.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

that whole paragraph about a link to living matter and mineral matter , its Vril they speak of!

Edward Bulwer-Lytton was right!
hahah

im interested enough to read more I love a good story even if its all fiction

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

edit on 12-7-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Interesting thread

The BBC TV Series was called "Out of this world" and it was presented by Carol Vorderman.

Sadly I can't find it online. Here is the imdb page www.imdb.com...

Hopefully someone can find the video online.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDanDoc

i would like to see the actual message transcripts

how " mr harden " figured out how to use a keyboard correctly - is more interesting than the alledged " perfect 16th century " english

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Still talking to him!!!!!!
tell him to put a message under a tree you know is here Now.
then go did it up with a film crew.
the tree would have grown over it.

um! can you tell him to buy some shares
in loyds of london for me?
in return I will tell him how to make a steam engine!
but he needs to use the name Thomas Newcomen.
ok he will do it 200 years to soon!

edit on 12-7-2017 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

He didn't use a keyboard, apparently he just spoke to it and the "box" did the typing

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

He didn't use a keyboard, apparently he just spoke to it and the "box" did the typing

My 7 year old finds what he is looking for online quite easily. He simply 'talks' to the IPad or smartphone and his words are instantly translated into text! So I agree, keyboard and spelling is not required to send message.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

a reply to: destination now

sorry - i am even more skeptical of " voice to tudor english "

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Why though when you think about it? If we take on faith that Tomas Wayman had a computer delivered to him in 1546 by a "demon" glowing green and coming out of his wall that was invisible to all but him through which he spoke to 3 people in 1986, why can't we accept that the demon delivered a computer capable of translating into a text which he could actually read? Of course that is an rhetorical question but the point stands that it is a minor part of a very complicated explanation which doesn't necessarily cast any doubt on the explanation itself by being unexplainable.

It is further negated in the story by the ability of the parties being able to communicate through more physical medium like chalk, coal, and even a nice pen that was apparently able to make the trip back and forth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join