It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush Caught Drinking Beer At G8

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Could someone put an end to the question of what type of beer it was, and enlarge and enhance the picture of the label?

As said before it certainly looks consistent with Buckler non-alcoholic beer. Here's the bottles:

[edit on 6/9/2007 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 6/9/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The man by his own admission has a problem with alcohol. I have had a few alcoholics in my life and if they are sober for any length of time even one drink can start the cycle all over again. It is not a matter of having one or two beers while grilling a steak and being done with it. Besides all that how do we know he stopped at one? The fact that the man was sick the next day suggests that he might have had more, a lot more.... then again, to be fair perhaps it was a stomach bug... but still for a person with a drinking problem, any drink is bad news.... even low alcohol beers.

Semper... you are in law enforcement, you should know that.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's certainly not Warsteiner as someone else had suggensted.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The man is in Germany. I think it would probably be a diplomatic insult not to have a social drink with fellow G9 attendees of one of their national products. As long as he doesn't get wasted and make an ass of himself.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Semper... you are in law enforcement, you should know that.

I'm agreeing with you...

I say this is grounds for impeachment!!!!

At least criminal charges...

HOW DARE HE think that he could actually have a BEER??? What arrogance, what INSOLENCE ...... Take the man out and string him up....

But first, maybe some proof that he has alcoholism?

Semper

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Alcoholism is a slippery term.

I abused alcohol for many years, but I never felt the term alcoholic applied to me, even though I don't mind being called one.

When I gave up alcohol nearly fifteen years ago, I went into outpatient treatment, became disgusted with the program, dropped out and I haven't had an alcoholic beverage since.

I did drink a non-alcoholic beer once, but I haven't had one since because I could feel very slight effects after having drank it.

Since I moved to Albuquerque almost nine yeas ago, I have had a shot of NyQuil almost every evening to clear my sinuses, kill some of the pain in my joints and make me sleepy. NyQuil is ten percent alcohol and yet, I have no desire to partake of an alcoholic beverage.

If the President chooses to have a beer, alcoholic or otherwise, whose business is it?

Boy, you hyper-tolerant liberals sure can be pretty intolerant sometimes.

[edit on 2007/6/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It is not a question of being intolerant Grady...bush minor made it an issue himself in the 2000 election by insisting that he had had a problem and did not drink anymore. If he does have a drinking problem he really should not be having even a low alcohol beer and if he is an alcoholic that does not bode well at all. Every genuine alcoholic I know have 2 and only 2 choices...drink or not drink. If they have that one drink then there is going to be a second and a third and so on until they pass out and when they sober up have one nasty ass hangover until they start drinking again and the cycle starts all over again.

A good friend, a former lover has been told she has about 2 years life in her if she stops drinking NOW, less if she continues... that is inevitably the progress of the disease and that is what it is, a disease.... the liver does not process alcohol properly and it (as I understand it) as it tries causes irrepairable damage. My friend, if she has one drink is on a bender for days.

I am not saying that is the case with bush minor, there are many different levels of alcohol abuse from heavy drinker to binge drinker to drunk, but if he is an alcoholic even a near beer should be a matter of concern.

BTW I have another good friend who had it so bad he had to have a beer before he had his morning coffee or he would start the DT's and he did it the way you did and to date he is still sober. Sad thing is he was an excellent musician and has not touched a musical instrument since he stopped.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Some of you people on here really anger me. You take the slightest accusation from the least-reputable of sources and run away with it. "Bush fell off the wagon" or "Bush is drinking along with the meds that we read he takes from another bad source" and yada yada yada. As long as the story fits your agenda, which in this case is hating Bush, then it must be true, right? But when a mainstream US media source reports something pro-Bush then it's "propaganda" or "the right-wing media" spreading lies?

I love ATS, but the hypocracy of some of the members here really drives me nuts. A lot of you will accept information from the most unreliable of sources and take it as gospel as long as it goes along with your beliefs. But all of the major media could report a story and none of you will believe it if it contradicts your beliefs.

You'll never see anyone on here that supports Bush posting this kind of stuff. It's only people who already have an agenda against him. Actually, the same goes for most conspiracy theories on here. They are born out of hate. No one ever says "Gee, I really love the CIA, but they killed Kennedy!" or "The Military Industrial Complex is my favorite thing in the world and they are the puppetmasters of every president since the mid-1960's and are responsible for starting every war we've been in!"

The point of this site, in part, is to "Deny Ignorance." I think many of you should start at home.

You have misinterpreted my intent of posting this thread. You think I hate Bush because he has a history DUI, Alcoholism, and drug abuse. That is not true. These traits do not make for a bad human-being.

However these are not traits any elected official should have. I am not mad at Bush for drinking a beer, be it near-beer or the real-thing. What disgusts me is his attempt at hiding it and his advisors lame attempt at a cover-up. They cover up his and Cheney's DUI's, and Bush's coc aine use.

Rasputin13 is a typical brain-washed right-wing hack. For your information Rasputin13, not enough negative news and info gets out about Bush. If the truth was told, PATRIOTIC Americans would drag him and his administration from office and put on trial without delay. If you don’t have the balls to stand up to the lies, you are no Patriot.

The word Mainstream is word that Republicans and right-wingers LOVE to throw around, trying in vain to make themselves seem normal. When the REAL mainstream is the Liberal middle-class and poor. This is the majority of the population and the true MAINSTREAM.

And YES: FoxNews and ANY other news agency who writes stories supporting this lame administration are cowardly and simple hacks for the pathetic right-wing power-mongers. Most of the media is controlled by right-wing influences. The so-called left-wing media is the TRUTH. The right-wing calls it "Liberal Media”. When, in fact, it is the only TRUE media that remains in this police state. Your damn right I support stories that fit my points of view. My point of View is the TRUTH.

Rasputin13... some things are true, weather YOU believe them or not. Like the lies of this administration, the corruption of our government, and the emergence of a police state in my beloved homeland of the USA. Thats right... I love my country. But I dont not follow its leaders blindly as you do.

I hope you wake-up to reality soon. I hope you try denying ingnorance for once and stop following like the SHEEP you are! You will be on the wrong side when the revolution comes.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Is anyone going to post PROOF of this alleged alcoholism?

Or are the Bush Basher's just going to ASSume that we are going to "take their word for it." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I crack myself up!!!!

I mean you all supposedly got his military records.. (Oh Yeah, sorry that was a lie)

You all say he is addicted to coc aine... Of course you say he is a reptilian alien too... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Again, I can't stop.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Semper

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Is anyone going to post PROOF of this alleged alcoholism?

Or are the Bush Basher's just going to ASSume that we are going to "take their word for it." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I crack myself up!!!!

I mean you all supposedly got his military records.. (Oh Yeah, sorry that was a lie)

You all say he is addicted to coc aine... Of course you say he is a reptilian alien too... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Again, I can't stop.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Semper

Semper you know as well as I do that bush minor was busted at one point DUI in Maine (in 88 I believe) and that he claimed that being born again helped him stop drinking.

Correcting myself as to date.... Also If I recall he claimed he stopped drinking at 40.

From Wikipedia: ["There are a number of accounts of substance abuse and otherwise disorderly conduct by Bush from this time. Bush has admitted to drinking "too much" in those years and described this period of his life as his "nomadic" period of "irresponsible youth".[13] On September 4, 1976, at the age of 30, Bush was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol near his family's summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine. He pleaded guilty, was fined $150, and had his driver's license suspended until 1978 in Maine."/]

[edit on 9-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

» Breaking Political News » President Bush Caught Drinking Beer At G8 » Post Reply

Caught? Hardly.

Observed? Obviously.

Considering the inordinate exposure that this is receiving, it would almost Seem as if someone[thing, side, etc] wishes to draw focus To said non-events. (?) ...which requires attention being drawn Away from ... ?

Bush had a beer (or 10) whilst kickin' back with others at or after the G8 summit meetings

Why the H is this Snewze?
... the above coming from one with a rather low opinion of the man.

Personally, I find it akin to the Paris (not France) ordeal.

It's true, all of it. I saw it on the 6 o'clock Snewze.
... on tomorrow's show (?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Report: CIA had secret jails in east Europe

Feds say no raid on NH tax evaders

Thousands protest Bush in Rome ... 'magine that.

My apology for the seeming Off-Topic links, but there's more taking place in the world around us than what's blurbed about on the 6 o'clock Snewze.

Just sayin' ...

? thoughts ?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The man by his own admission has a problem with alcohol. I have had a few alcoholics in my life and if they are sober for any length of time even one drink can start the cycle all over again.

Well, I'm sure that GW appreciates your concern, grover, but I think you're generalizing a little too much, besides there's been quite enough evidence presented on this board to convince me that the man was drinking a "non-alcoholic" beer, as his aides said. He is after all in Germany.

Whatever he's drinking, Bush is an adult and the President of the United States. I think that gives him the latitude to drink any kind of beer he wants.

[edit on 2007/6/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
(Busy, so I can't read the whole thread, sorry.)

Ok, I'm not quite sure I see the big problem with this.

So he had a beer, so what, being president does'nt mean you have to be a puritan
or something.

I could understand if he was doing something like slamming down like 5 beers,
but a single beer, I really fail to see the problem with it.

On another note, why do they call it non-alcoholic beer? I mean it has alcohol in it
(which is why you have to be 21 to buy it), so why do they call it non-alcoholic.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
On another note, why do they call it non-alcoholic beer? I mean it has alcohol in it....

Here's your answer.

Low alcohol beer (also, non-alcoholic beer, small beer, or small ale or near-beer) is beer with very low or no alcohol content. The vast majority of low alcohol beers are lagers, but there are to a lesser extent some ales.

Legally, in the US, beers containing up to 0.5% alcohol by volume (ABV) can be called non-alcoholic[1].

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by iori_komei
On another note, why do they call it non-alcoholic beer? I mean it has alcohol in it....

Here's your answer.

Low alcohol beer (also, non-alcoholic beer, small beer, or small ale or near-beer) is beer with very low or no alcohol content. The vast majority of low alcohol beers are lagers, but there are to a lesser extent some ales.

Legally, in the US, beers containing up to 0.5% alcohol by volume (ABV) can be called non-alcoholic[1].

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the explanation Grady.

I have to say though, if it has alcohol in it, and is being restricted to sale to those 21 or older
(like normal alcoholic beverages) I don't think it should be called non-alcoholic.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think this falls under the category of who cares. So what he was observed having a low/non-alcohol beer big deal. I believe it was a social occasion and he's a grown man who can drink what he wants when he wants. It's being a little to sensational to say he was "caught" drinking. Being caught implies he was trying to hide it and he clearly wasn't.

Good grief do we not have more important worries?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
OH MY GOODNESS

I never knew!!!!!

So according to the logic on here, if someone has a DUI they are an alcoholic...

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

News release:

""Pandemic of Alcoholism hits USA...""

""Millions now classified as Alcoholics due to one DUI conviction""

GASP

Where is the CDC when you need them...

Seriously though, I have to say this is the most fun I have had in days... It is really fun watching the Bush Haters fall all over themselves every time the man blows his nose...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Absolute wonderful entertainment...

Semper

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The Bu#e explainers are right. This is nothing, a non event. It just doesn't matter. give it up.

We knew the man was a liar all along, so what, he's still one.

You people that are excusing this are so shallow, and you can't even see that. You can't even get the point that it's NOT the beer, it's the low down liar mentality that stinks.

Drink whatever you want, as much as you want, Bush baby, you are a low down liar for it!

Do you get it people. Do you understand that if he had promised, to get elected by the Christian Coalition, that he didn't eat chocolate anymore, and was then caught eating a Hershey Bar, that it's being a liar that counts?

"Dah, it was only a beer. He's a grown man. He's in Germany." Do you see how lame your excuses are for a LIAR? Who gives a rat's ass if he pickles his liver? The point no one wants to face is the fact that he LIED about his drinking, and he hid it till it didn't matter any more. And now the smug bastard is flaunting it, and he knew he was on display-don't play dumb- and it's too late. This, among other things, is him giving the finger to America.

And some of you are defending his right to do that.

"Thank you , Mr. President, Sir. I love it when you tell me I was an idiot. No Sir, I won't mention you being a liar, even to myself."

Get real.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'll have to apologize...

I work a lot and then tend to sleep to recover to work more and sometimes I miss things...

Like President Bush telling me and the rest of America that if we elected him, he would never drink Beer, Fake Beer, Non Alcoholic Beer, Whiskey, Vodka or even Apple Cider...

I bet that was a duzey of a speech...

I'm really sorry I missed it...

This just gets better and better

Semper

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
You have misinterpreted my intent of posting this thread. You think I hate Bush because he has a history DUI, Alcoholism, and drug abuse. That is not true. These traits do not make for a bad human-being.

And you have misinterpreted the intent in my post by assuming that every single word, or any at all, were directed directly at you. But what you did next was not a simple case of misunderstanding, it was an outright fabrication on your part. Not once did I say in my thread that you, or any else for that matter, hated Bush because of his alcohol and drug-abusing past! Nor would I even venture to guess the root cause of your obvious hatred of our president. And he is our president whether we like him or not, just as Bill Clinton was the president for all Americans.

However these are not traits any elected official should have. I am not mad at Bush for drinking a beer, be it near-beer or the real-thing. What disgusts me is his attempt at hiding it and his advisors lame attempt at a cover-up. They cover up his and Cheney's DUI's, and Bush's coc aine use.

I hope for the sake of the free world that I'm not the only one who picked up on this... But do you realize that not only are you presenting these allegations of Bush drinking alcoholic beer in Germany as FACT, but you are even more sadly accepting them yourself as FACT? The irony is that later on in this rant of your's you insult me for "blindly following" the "right-wing media" such as Fox News, while you blindly accept the allegations of a "left-wing media" source. Do you just automatically accept each word printed in your favorite publications (regardless of their political leanings)as Gospel? You would think that someone on a site like ATS would at least posess the common sense to not believe everything they read- anywhere.

Rasputin13 is a typical brain-washed right-wing hack. For your information Rasputin13, not enough negative news and info gets out about Bush. If the truth was told, PATRIOTIC Americans would drag him and his administration from office and put on trial without delay. If you don’t have the balls to stand up to the lies, you are no Patriot.

I'm sorry, did I stumble onto an elementary school discussion? It's just that I'm used to engaging in logical discussion and debate with people on here; not engage in pathetic name-calling. Do you always get like this when someone disagrees with you? If so, you may want to avoid DISCUSSION BOARDS. And to avoid making a complete fool of yourself (even moreso than already), try to at least be accurate in your accusations. Assuming from just one post of mine that you can accurately diagnose and label my entire personal political philosophy is at best extremely naive, and at worst very pathetic.

Way to take the high road by also questioning my patriotism. Isn't that what you folks accuse the right wingers of doing? Calling people "unpatriotic"? I also suppose that using your logic (or lack thereof), anyone who disagrees with a SINGLE accusation in the media made against President Bush isn't patriotic? They're all "brain-washed right-wing hacks"? I still can't believe that I'm investing this much time and this much typing trying to have a rational discussion with this guy.

The word Mainstream is word that Republicans and right-wingers LOVE to throw around, trying in vain to make themselves seem normal. When the REAL mainstream is the Liberal middle-class and poor. This is the majority of the population and the true MAINSTREAM.

Yeah... that's right. Republicans and right-wingers are the only ones who use the term "mainstream". I've seen Democrats talk about mainstream America as much or more than any Republicans. But who am I to educate someone such as yourself who is able to accurately label someone's beliefs in a single post?

And YES: FoxNews and ANY other news agency who writes stories supporting this lame administration are cowardly and simple hacks for the pathetic right-wing power-mongers. Most of the media is controlled by right-wing influences. The so-called left-wing media is the TRUTH. The right-wing calls it "Liberal Media”. When, in fact, it is the only TRUE media that remains in this police state. Your damn right I support stories that fit my points of view. My point of View is the TRUTH.

Because it would be so wrong to report any stories that shed a positive light in any way on the Bush Administration, especially if its true! Would you care to come up with sources for some of these statements you keep regurgitating on us? Such as "most of the media" being controlled by "right-wing influences"? Something tells me your list of right-wing influences is many times longer than someone who actually spends all their time investigating and researching the media.

I wasn't aware that any news stories which you agree with and deam credible are automatically the "TRUTH", as you put it. Talk about an incredibly narrow-minded point of view. "I believe whatever stories support my point of view and agenda, and those stories are the truth." That would mean that anyone who disagrees with you or questions anything you tell them is believing lies and is a pawn of the right-wing power mongers?

Rasputin13... some things are true, weather YOU believe them or not. Like the lies of this administration, the corruption of our government, and the emergence of a police state in my beloved homeland of the USA. Thats right... I love my country. But I dont not follow its leaders blindly as you do.

I hope you wake-up to reality soon. I hope you try denying ingnorance for once and stop following like the SHEEP you are! You will be on the wrong side when the revolution comes.

And some things are true whether you want to believe them or not, also. I don't profess to be the "end-all, be-all" on truth and facts. I like to think that I listen to as many alternating views and opinions as I can before making a decision on what to believe. For many, it's also something you find in your gut. You couldn't be more wrong when you assume that I'm a blind sheep of the current government. In fact, I'm no big fan of President Bush or his decisions as of late. I certainly don't agree with a lot of his decisions made regarding the war and national security. But I still have respect for his title, and for the man himself, especially in a time of war. But respecting someone and agreeing with someone all of the time are not the same things.

Do you really think that I come to ATS if I am someone that believes the "official" government story all the time? This site would be pretty boring to me pretty quick! If you knew anything about my beliefs then you would know that they don't fit any one label. I have personal and political views that many would call liberal, as well as views that are obviously conservative. When it comes to politics and political beliefs there is not always a black and a white. Thinking and speaking in absolute and certain terms, like AllSeeingI did, shows a complete lack of understanding of the American population and what they stand for. And alienating those who may disagree with you or even dare to question your "facts" only undermines your message. You really need to drop the God complex that has you thinking you are the one who knows what is true and what is false.

And on a more personal note, I do not require that you U2U me a copy of your responses to me in the future. But if you so choose to do so in the future please have the sense to post a link to the thread you are screaming about, or at least mention the name of it. In case you didn't notice, there are quite a few different discussions going on right now at ATS!

In all honesty, I do hope that I just happened to catch you on a bad day or in a bad mood. I hope for your sake that this isn't the way you normally engage in a public discussion with a complete stranger. Because your post really does epitomise the problem with political discussion and even politics in general, these days. Name-calling, immaturity, arrogance and putting your ego and own intestests before the well-being of the nation is all too common. And if I may lower myself down to the level that you're debating on, I must tell you that the kind of reaction you displayed to my original response only furthers the stereotypes involving left-wing radicals and their sanity.

If any good came of this time I've wasted it will be the fact that you so quickly displayed your arrogant views and attitude, as well as your inability to have a simple and polite discussion or exchange. But who am I to question your beliefs, right? You are, after all, the "human lie detector" and the final say on all that is called "fact" and all that is declared to be "fiction"! You can forget about U2U'ing me any response you give. If I care to give your opinions another chance then I will make my way back to this thread. And if you ever hope to actually discuss an issue on this DISCUSSION BOARD, please check your self-righteousness and your hypocracy at the door. If you want to know someone's views on whatever issues, please try asking them before declaring them yourself. Because the only TRUTH in all of this is that you are completely clueless when it comes to anything that I stand for.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join