It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush Caught Drinking Beer At G8

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   

President Bush Caught Drinking Beer At G8

www.rawstory.com

Last night, Mr Bush - a teetotaller - was seen sipping beer, but his advisers insisted it was non-alcoholic.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Of course his advisors INSISTED it was non-alcoholic. If they didnt, they would be fired or worse.

What is the point in drinking non-alcoholic beer?
Or de-caf coffee for that matter.
No point.

Bush is drinking again!
Can you blame him?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
that might explain his recent sickness attributed to stomach problems... i'd be a little worried there if past allegations of his drinking are anything to go by and especially if hes mixing it with other medications he allegedly takes.. one sure recipe for disaster

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Your source calls Mr. Bush a teatotaller I've never heard that before, I've heard alot of people call him an alcoholic though. I'm not really sure of ethier one.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well it seems he possibly had an alcoholic drink to me, given the fact that he missed his morning appointment. This is not good if our President has taken up drinking again. I was worried about his alcoholism when he became president. Most alcoholics tend to be weak minded not strong willed and turn to the bottle for comfort. This is not what we need in a president.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I saw the pics on one of the mainstream news media channels of this little meeting with Bush drinking something that looked like beer, and then went looking for the pics and found them, some of you guys with a good photo program should be able to tell exactly what it is, as the label is very visible, here is the link, please share your enlarged enhanced pics of the label, I tried it but I am no good at this photo stuff.

www.thehollywoodliberal.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
theres a suggestion it may have been a brand called 'buckler' which is a low-alcohol (not no-alcohol) beer. thats a bit like an ex smoker just having one or two puffs of a cigarette isn't it?

to 'buckle' means to give in so buckler beer would be a good choice for some tea totaller to cave in with.

i would seriously question why an ex alcoholic who says he is tea totall is drinking low alcohol beer when there are plenty of non alcoholic drinks to hand.

also, would they REALLY make such a mistake as to serve water in wine glasses?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Actually if he is getting sick off of just one beer low alcohol or not. That would jive with him not drinking on a regular basis if he is an ex heavy drinker. If you dont drink for a long enough time you will find that even the smallest amount of alcohol will make you ill. You actually can develop an aversion to it.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Bush had to miss some of the meeting at the G8 Summit today, he had a “stomach ailment” Perhaps his queasiness was because he was slamming Beers with German Chancellor Andrea Merkel

I wouldn't really call that slamming beers lol especially if it's low-alcohol. But if he's a recovering alcoholic then he shouldn't really be drinking any form of beers, even if they're non-alcoholic.

Would this be so bad if he wasn't a recovering alcoholic?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It wouldn't matter. It's Bush, there will ALWAYS be someone ready to bash him over ANYTHING he does.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It wouldn't matter. It's Bush, there will ALWAYS be someone ready to bash him over ANYTHING he does.

likewise, there will always be those who defend him whatever he does.

now you could go ahead and bash me, or whoever in general, and avoid the point of the thread story in that usual ats thread degeneration style, or you could give your views on what an ex alcoholic (who happens to be president of the us) would be doing drinking a low alcohol beer and whether you think its a good or bad thing for him to do.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It's not a low alcohol beer. It's "Warsteiner", one of my favorite German Beers and very easy to recognize.

George did the same thing last year, got drunk and started feeling up the German Chancellor at the G8.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yeah, looks like "Warsteiner" to me too.

Nice beer and pretty strong too. Hic!

Great for decision making (not)!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
It's not a low alcohol beer. It's "Warsteiner", one of my favorite German Beers and very easy to recognize.

pictures of the bottle in question

warsteiner beer

buckler beer

the bottle label is clearly more like the buckler label than the warsteiner one.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
So - first he was drinking Non-Alcoholic Beer (IN GERMANY!);

Then his tummy started hurting.

Hmmmmm, well it sounds kind of familiar after a friday night out (apart from that non-alcoholic beer!)

[edit on 9/6/07 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
well we know he cant pour a beer.
Look at the head on that,he'd just get a mouthful of froth!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
ermmm...

can't Presidents drink beer?

*remembers something...*

oh, he was alcoholic once right?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So - first he was drinking Non-Alcoholic Beer (IN GERMANY!);

there isn't really such a thing as a non-alcoholic beer. there are low-alcohol beers which vary in strength and if they are less than 0.05% then they are classed as non-alcohol even though they contain a small amount of it. link

recent studies also say it is a very very bad thing for an ex alcoholic to drink low alcohol beers link

if he really is selling himself as a reformed alcoholic then he needs to set a better example than having a beer bottle (whatever strength) in front of him when in public

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
can't stand bush myself but give it a rest.

he was a past alky so he can't have a beer now?
he's an adult. if the man wants a beer he can have one.

you think g dubbs never sips on congnac on the balcony with his hitter buds.
sure he does.

i think this is the first time i have ever stood up for him.
man had a beer. well holy crap stop the sun from shining.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
there is no such thing as a former alcoholic... it just doesn't work that way... it is a metabolic thing and once in place, whether you drink or not, you will always be an alcoholic and it is a very bad thing for a non-drinking alcoholic to have even a near beer... it is usually a precursor to heavy drinking or binging again... so bush minor was sick... not good... there have been rumors around of him drinking again for some time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join