It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And if Ron Paul Loses...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There are a fair number of people making videos, posting blogs, and commenting that Ron Paul is best chance this country has against the N.W.O. But there is not lot talk about what it means for America if he looses.

Now don't get me wrong I like Ron Paul as a candidate for the U.S. Presidency. I don't see eye to eye with him on every issue, but unlike some American ( and you know who you are
) I don't want nor need a political candidate that just says thing to get me to nod my head in approval.

But lets be honest with ourselves. The choices in 2008 will probably be Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani. So with that said, then what ?

When Giuliani or Clinton wins does it mean a move to a complete police state and total burn job of our constitutional and civil rights ?

I am just really curious to know what the members of ATS think who are pinning a lot of there hopes for the future on Ron Paul.

mod edit, grammar in title

[edit on 10-6-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I want to say thank you for posting this, I have been meaning to talk about this very subject. I would like to start off my rant by saying a few things.

Everywhere on the internet I see things like 'Who Will Win the 2008 Elections?' and stuff like that as questions/surveys for all of us internet viewers. I've seen every candidate on these surveys except Ron Paul. I know that is a bit odd and maybe he is on a few you've seen, but everyone of them I have looked over has not had his name or picture on it once. It seems like they dont even want America to know who Ron Paul is. Which is exactly what is going on. Yesterday, my mother and I went to visit my grandfather. My grandfather asked my mother who she was voting for when the elections come up. Now keep in mind, my mother loves Bush and thinks he is an angel that hears no evil, sees no evil, and speaks no evil, so she says this,"I dont know, I dont care for any of them. I wish Bush was able to run again." I felt like gacking because she was so devoted to that political puppet. So I said this,"I want Ron Paul to win." Of course, back to the point of my rant, she said this,"Who is Ron Paul?" Do you see my point now? I also watched the 2008 candidates debate on FOX(not to be trusted as well as other mainstream medias, but hey I had to watch it somewhere) and they didn't even give Ron Paul that much air time. Most questions were addressed to Rudy Giuliani(not sure if spelled right) and a few other popular candidates. Those things are obviously going in the favor of the NWO puppets.

Unfortunatly, we all know what is coming and Ron Paul most likely wont win even with most of America backing him up. Votes will be tallied, and they will be tampered with. Its going to happen and we all know it. So my hopes aren't really riding on Ron Paul because I know he wont win. Everyone in power in this country want the NWO to succeed, so there is no hope for the future. We will be over run be whoever they have chosen to carry out. I believe that maybe before even 2008 elections are held we might be in for Martial Law and are turned into a Police State. Bush is in an aweful hurry and the game is in motion.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
you know what, as long as it's Rudy Giuliani and not John McCain, i'd feel a lot safer at night.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If he looses, well I expect things to get a lot worse before they get better. I like him but with the media in the other candidates back pockets; you can expect Ron not to get as much coverage. It almost seems fixed that Giuliani and Clinton will be the last two vying for president, but we still got a while so I will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
you know what, as long as it's Rudy Giuliani and not John McCain, i'd feel a lot safer at night.

Safer from who exactly??? FACT: You have a better chance of being killed by a DEER than being killed by a terrorist.

Don't you understand that FEAR is a political tool, being used to TRICK YOU into giving up your constitutional rights in exchange for Security.

To paraphrase Ben Franklin:

"Whoever gives up liberty for security deserves neither."

----

Back to the question. What will happen if Ron Paul loses? The nWo will take over and the NA Union will become a reality. And i will move to Canada because there would be nothing we anyone can do to stop it at that point.

Dont be a Fool! Ron Paul for Prez. in 2008
He's the Last Hope for America

About Ron Paul:
1. He's the Only Republican to vote against the Iraq War
2. He's the only canidate against pre-emptive nuclear attacks
3. He's NEVER voted to raise taxes
4. He doesn't support Big Govt
5. He would lower Govt. Spending
6. He Believes in States Rights
7. He Supports individual Liberty and Freedom
8. He is NOT controlled by Special Interest Groups
9. He is against the IRS and the FED.

And for those who say he is weak on foreign policy... He would have invaded Afgahnistan and he wouldn't have left to go finish his daddy's fight in iraq.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
About Ron Paul:
1. He's the Only Republican to vote against the Iraq War
2. He's the only canidate against pre-emptive nuclear attacks
3. He's NEVER voted to raise taxes
4. He doesn't support Big Govt
5. He would lower Govt. Spending
6. He Believes in States Rights
7. He Supports individual Liberty and Freedom
8. He is NOT controlled by Special Interest Groups
9. He is against the IRS and the FED.

And for those who say he is weak on foreign policy... He would have invaded Afgahnistan and he wouldn't have left to go finish his daddy's fight in iraq.

Sadly this is what John F. Kennedy stood for as well and the saying goes "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Let's not start to give up the fight to get Ron Paul elected in '08 already.

I hope that the OP isn't a closet Clintonite trying to use the back door to stamp out support for the real opposition.

It's too early to give in to those who say America is too stupid, too cowed, too lost to have a chance at turning things around. The NWO, whatever, are NOT in office yet.

I'm a bit tired, already, of having people say that we have no choice. That we have to accept whatever comes to be.

We're America, damn it, and we can make changes. It just means we fight harder, that we try harder, that we work every day, starting now, to get Ron Paul elected. It took me a while to decide that Ron Paul was the best choice, but once that decision was made, it became time to work to see that it happens.

I spent two hours last night e-mailing people about Ron Paul. I spent another hour taking his political side in a debate. No, that's not much. I'm pretty much home bound, so it was all I can do at the moment. BUT it was something. It beats the hell out of whining that "We may not win".

Once you decide what you want, then do EVERYTHING in your power to attain that goal. This may be the Alamo, but if it is, then I'll go down fighting, even if it's from my bed.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

Safer from who exactly??? FACT: You have a better chance of being killed by a DEER than being killed by a terrorist.

Don't you understand that FEAR is a political tool, being used to TRICK YOU into giving up your constitutional rights in exchange for Security.

To paraphrase Ben Franklin:

"Whoever gives up liberty for security deserves neither."

way to completely misconstrue what i said dude, that's what i was talking about... mccain is a crazy person... giuliani might be up in arms about terrorism but at least he doesn't want to start a federal registry of journalists.

if you'd ever read another one of my posts before leaping into a tirade like that you'd probably have figured out that i'm well aware that the terrorist threat to america is nonexistent.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If Ron Paul loses, and remember he may not even run remember... We face in short the continuation of the building to a police state and martial law. Should he run and lose it only reiterates the point things are going to plan for them and they are not going to back down AT ALL. Now should he win I say we all need to worry, A LOT, for them to go so far then just give in?............That would be just too timely.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
If Ron Paul loses, and remember he may not even run remember...

Uh...what?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
*SNIP*

If Ron Paul loses, and remember he may not even run remember... We face in short the continuation of the building to a police state and martial law.

Now if you actually read the entire statement you will find I am PURPOSEFULLY using a runon sentence, which can be used to make certain points. In this case it is used to cause a PAUSE (A short break within the sentece) to get the reader to stop for a second and think, or at least slow down. The sentence continues on after the THREE dots:"..." The dots being there so as to get the reader to realize there is a pause as if to stop and think before continuing on.

*SNIP*
Peace.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Maybe if you would do some reading you would realize that you're acting like an arrogant child.
So here is a little Ron Paul-101 for you:

Before you go running your ignorant, pretentious mouth (typing fingers?), maybe you should do a tiny bit of reading on the subject you're whining about. If you had a half of a clue, you'd realize that he is already running.

youtube.com... This is March 12, 2007, about three months ago, when Ron Paul officially declared his candidacy.

*SNIP*

By the way, you spelled "grammar" wrong, kid.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by Johnmike]

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
On topic discussion...

With civility and decorum.

Lest my poo stained fingers begin to twitch over all the shiny buttons.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have to wonder whether someone can win who supports gutting Social Security and having a medical system run totally in the free market.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Some time ago during a c2c chat with Alex Jones , he was asked who he was going to back in the upcoming Presidential elections and why and he said Ron Paul is the only possible candidate running that is not in the pockets of the new world order. Well that was enough for me to take a closer look into who this man was. I have not been let down and am considering giving him a campaign contribution, something I have never done before. I suspect he may be our last chance for sanity. He is our last hope for a future that is not Orwellian at best.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
togetic, the SS system is already gutted, the only thing is, nobody will admit it. And it's either free market medical or state, and we all see how well that's running in the UK.

Perhaps some of our people from the UK could tell us if they wish they could trade in the medical system they have for something else?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What is the problem if Ron Paul does not win?

The problem is that we are currently 1 national disaster, 1 terrorist act, or 1 economic crisis away from complete martial law and a police state, a complete and utter reversal of what most people think that our country was founded to get away from. Now why would Clinton do this? She is paid for and is in the same pocket as Bush is currently. They play for the same team but just wear different colored shirts.

There are so many little things that are currently happening, moving us in a direction that is not only extremely scary but shocking. The fact that it is getting to be impossible to leave the country, real ID, NA union / no borders, all of these things are moving us to get prepared for the day when we have no rights except what the "supreme leader" tells us to, and the fact that at that point most people will want it that way. read big brother?

worst case scenario but I think those are the stakes at this point. the more you look at this point of view the more it seems more likely than less.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
But will the liberals who agree with his foreign policy be willing to go ahead with his domestic policies?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
He seems to have quite a bit of quiet support, but I think the media has already written him off as a "second-tier candidate." They never really give him a fair shot in the debates, I've noticed they skip him alot and cut him off.

chrisdodd.com...

Personally, I'm not a libertarian but I think he has the fewest amount of objectionable ideas of the given choices.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Back to the topic:
Ron Paul can be bounced out folks, remember the GOP has to actually put him forward FIRST. Just because he says he is running does not mean he will be on the ballot come 2008. He IS a GOP member remember? They can only put forth ONE person, so far that looks like Guiliani, so Ron Paul could easily be thrown aside unless he runs independent. I doubt the GOP and the Democrats want someone like him threatening them, then again they might let him run through some loophole just to allow them to tweek the voting results in the end. They could use a overall voting system which has 4 parties to get things divided a tad, thus giving them an edge. In the end they could utilize this to tweek the election in their favor since there will be a large discepancy in the ballot box. This could go several ways remember.

None the less if they completely remove him, and he wind up not running in 2008, (this is 2007 in case you do not remember, they have over 6 months to take him off the ballot) then we will be facing a worse future or then again pending on who takes over maybe something good will happen... All pending on who gets elected, however I am betting on the "things will get worse" if Ron Paul looses. Actually I do not care who gets elected right about now, they are all the same. Vote on which fascist you want and which method of getting screwed you want to partake in. It is kind of like a guy asking an opponent which part of the body he wants to get kicked on, shin, groin, head, chest or wind up with a broken arm. Pick your method of pain folks.

Mod Note: When An In-Thread Admonition Is Posted, Don't Ignore It.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join