It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Saw an Angel Once

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I saw an angel once

I saw an angel once. I was meditating and releasing my stress and suffering. Imaginary roots extended into the earth from my feet and the base of my spine and branches grew out of the crown of my head into the farthest reaches of the Heavens. I asked mother Earth if I could release my suffering and draw up new energy.

I released the stress into the earth while I exhaled and imagined fresh new Divine energy entering into my body through the branches and a grounding sense of belonging and renewal through the roots. I don't bother trying to focus or do anything when I meditate, only breath and notice the chattering mind.

I started when the kids were small. They would open the door, run in and interrupt my meditation. Watching my chattering mind, I noticed getting upset about it was worse than not. I would thank the interruptions, thank the adversity. Blessings are burdens and burdens are blessings.

There are no limits and we are nothing. That empty void inside that people try to fill with food, shopping, money, is a big hole of nothing. Everybody feels deep down inside, when the chips are down, they're nothing. Nothing is available to become everything, there's no reason to be afraid of nothing.

Let us stand at the edge and affirm it is good and righteous to lose everything.

We don't need everything, for we are also nothing.

I was releasing through my roots. I was asking if I'd ever belonged to the earth. Another time, before I saw the angel, I was doing the same thing and my root chakra turned into a large stone I visit on the side of a mountain. I felt an unmistakable sense of belonging. Connected to the earth in a way that I'd never experienced before. I felt cherished. When I saw the angel, it scared the daylights out of me. It wasn't unpleasant. It was too exhilarating. I could tell the angel felt bad about scaring me.

Before it quickly disappeared, it said, "We have always loved you.”

It looked androgynous, just as folklore contends. Not trans-gender, there was no awkward superimposition of sexuality to be discerned by the eye. More of a different creature altogether from the human one, so novel was its’ appearance. A fair angel, some of the highest angels are jet black. They haven’t performed a transfiguration in my bedroom.

I was talking to angels quite regularly at that time instead of myself. I believe I saw my own guardian angel, who has had a very difficult job. Though, I try to retain a pleasant composure for its’ company while enjoying my solitude, I fear, my angel has seen the worst of me.

I was quite relieved, the angels loved me nonetheless.

Not that I’ve been a particularly bad person, I had been raised Catholic. wink I still enjoy a good mass. St Jude was there, waving palms in the air like he just don’t care. Carry your cross with a cheerful heart, you know not what reward awaits you.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have a psychic aunt who once saw an angel in childhood. She saw a tremendous bright light from her open window but it was not a blinding light it was more like an all-embracing light. It called her from her window and asked her not to be afraid. However being a child, she shrank away and hid under her bed.

I would be interested in finding out what your angel tells you, when it speaks to you and do you hear a voice or is it in your head?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi HeroNumber0, that's neat about you're grandmother. I've since met a couple of other angel ladies who see angels with more regularity. They're fairly psychic. I don't consider myself an angel lady, and was surprised when one showed up in my more skeptical paradigm.

What strange mysteries share our world, always beyond our scope. The angel that appeared said "We have always loved you."

Angels are messengers, it's God they want us to listen to. I hear God in the people and the world around me.

Which is why, I think, the angel began the statement with we and not I.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I suppose, I had started the meditative techniques more for stress release purposes. When Ask and you shall receive came to pass, I was quite surprised.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hi Clearwater!

The meditation practice you spoke of, of visualizing roots growing below you, and inviting divine energy through your crown chakra is something I do regularly. And I have had some amazing experiences with it too!
I have not "seen" any angels, but a few times while doing that meditation I have felt an incredible energy course through me. It feels like every cell in my body is vibrating with energy, the breath I breathe is charged with energy, and I am filled completly with this energy of pure love and power. It is the most amazing thing I have ever felt! I cant begin to describe how heavenly it feels, and the effects of it are astounding. I know it is the light of God itself, the power of angels.

I think its amazing you saw an angel doing the same!

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That's so beautiful nirustar. Think of air as God. When you breathe in, you're actually breathing in God. All the universe is God.

What you describe, sounds like breathing in God.

Breathing is making love to God.

new topics

top topics

join