It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spelling be champ is certainly no champ with the ladies.(VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Video Link

This kid has zero social skills but I laughed so hard at this! Pretty funny!

I have to give the kid credit though, the lady did mispronounce his name, and maybe he had audio problems as well. I can't explain his lack of social grace though

[edit on 8-6-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
That's almost embarrassing to watch, he's a bit of a rain man isn't he.

Although the rain man is an autistic savant and this kid is just a bit of a pillock.

He's home schooled and obviously doesn't get the opotunity to talk to many other people, other than his mommy.

Poor kid.

Funny, but in a sad, feeling bad kind of way.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree. I feel bad for the kid and certainly didn't want to laugh at his misfortune but found myself cringing and could't help but laugh out of some sort of 'reaction'. He still has time to develop a personality. I remember being quite the little troll as a kid.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i love this sort of video, it makes me feel so profoundly bad about myself.

that poor kid. he's screwed.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Kleverone please tell me you spelled bee wrong intentionally in your thread title..,.
:bash:

thats okay though, I'm a terrible speller...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I must have left off an e

At leas I didn't spell it Bea

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yeah I feel for the kid. He definately needs more socializing.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Home schooling does wonders for yoru social life...

This is evident proof LOL

Poor kid, Bad Parents!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Home schooling does wonders for yoru social life...

This is evident proof LOL

Poor kid, Bad Parents!

Please do not group all homeschooling children together.My kids are homeschooled till grade 8, then enter high school better behaved and prepared than many of their peers.They have very active social lives, and my oldest just graduated in 3 years instead of the required 4 years getting honours in science.This boy is a genious in disguise, and is probably homeschooled because of the way he is, other kids can be cruel.Bullies would have a field day.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why such emphasis on "social skills" on this site of late?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
This boy is a genious in disguise, and is probably homeschooled because of the way he is, other kids can be cruel.Bullies would have a field day.

A genius in "Disguise?" I don't think it's disguised at all. Most of your very intelligent people do not act the way "normal" people do. To "normal" people, I guess he would seem to have something wrong with him.

He is just a young man that practices the lost art of reading and is much smarter than most of his peers.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Why such emphasis on "social skills" on this site of late?

I posted this because the obvious awkwardness of the situation makes it humorous to me. I didn't mean to imply that social skills are more important than intelligence and did not mean to make fun of the kid, just the situation. I aimed it at him because I felt he was the obvious choice. I do feel though that even though social skills are not more important than intelligence, they are just as important. We happen to live in a society where succses usually accompanies a fair balance of both.

But for the record. I think his audio was a little messed up

[edit on 6-7-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, the kid obviously wasn't used to talking to very many people. There is no doubt about that.

Most of your intelligent people do tend to be loners, stand offish, and a host of other terms that are not really very endearing. When I look at a person that is as intelligent as this kid is, I have to wonder who someone like this kid could talk to. If he did talk to someone, what would he talk to them about?

You see, there is a wide chasm between super intelligent people and those of us that our more "common." While I see that most people can talk about, at least in my opinion, rather mundane topics. a really bright individual sees no interest in them whatsoever. So, what does someone who has an IQ of say, 165, talk to someone who has an IQ of 102 about?

You see? They put relevancy on different things than the majority of the population does. While most are busy thinking about what they are going to eat for lunch or dinner, a person such as this kid, may be thinking about how to solve "world hunger," or how to bring peace between the world's nations or religions, et cetera.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Nobody said the kid was a super-genius... he won a spelling bee... what makes you think he could solve world hunger if we would just leave him alone?

To be really influential, no matter one's intelligence, one has to be able to communicate ideas without arrogance or the holier-than-thou mentality exhibited by the kid in that video.

Social skills are important. Without intellect, of course, they mean nothing, but intellect without the ability to communicate is similarly purposeless. Being a jerk isn't excusable by sheer virtue of intelligence.

top topics

join