It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 commandments

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Do you want me to practice what I preach or do you want me to pratice what the world preaches?...MM let me ask you a couple of questions. If the Bible is not true and just a bunch of fairy tales then why does every person know about Jesus? even know some of the miracles he did?

If it was a fairy tale no matter what the vatican did the fairy tales would not have such an effect on the people. People like you MM. People like Madness. The Torah suvived the fire in Rome all them years ago. How? because people realizing it wasn't true wanted people to hear it later? no. Because people belived it so much that they would give their lives for it.

MM is their anything in your life that means that much to you? For me their are a few, God, My beautiful wife Crimson, My family, My friends. What would you say MM if I said that how much you love a kid that you bring into the world, is nowhere near the Love God has for you? Somone that has a faithful love, a patient love, a slow to anger love, that somone is not human, that somone is God.

Yes God loves all of us, the things we do he does not love. MM when have you read that I said I hate homosexuals? I don't. I love all people from all walks of life, I don't however love the things poeple do, neither do I love the things I do.

We could argue scripture all day and night, infact we pretty much have and where has it got us? into a never ending argument untill one says, " I give up " and quits. This is getting us no where. So, how about this...

MM would you consider yourself a good person? if so, what leads you to believe that?

As far as the Ten Commandments go, would you say you have followed some of them?

Have you ever lied? what does that make you ( starts with a L )

Have you ever stole anything? what does that make you?

Have you ever looked at a person with lust?

God Bless

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
And we've moved on past that point. Care to chastize me for what I said right above your post instead? Or do you not have an answer to my very valid questions?

To tell you the truth, I skip around with what I read in threads. So yeah, I didn't get all of your post, sorry mate.

What did you just say about stupid personal attacks? Pot, meet kettle again perhaps?

Where and when did I insult you. Please tell me so that I can correct my mistakes and make myself a better person in the future.

... I believe at some point you called me a hypocrite, I think you should consider the mote in your own eye before examining the beam in mine.
Practice what you preach. That's all I ask of you AND all Christians who say they love then preach hate in the form of "the bible says homosexuals are an abomination."

Yes, I did call you a hypocrite in the thread about the star system, the reason being that you were blatantly caught in the act of what you chastised others for. That fits the term of being hypocritical, don't you say?

And please, MajorMalfunction, you've gotta learn to stop grouping people into groups. You seem to have a set definition for all Christians, that being a bunch of ignorant hypocrites who hate homosexuals, love Nascar, and listen to Billy Graham's weekly radio shows. I, for one, don't have a problem with homosexuals or homosexuality. My best friend, who was recently shipped off to Marine recruitment, is a bisexual (okay so he's not completely gay but you get the point). I also hate Billy Graham and don't really care for watching a bunch of colorful cars turn left for 5 hours. My point is, if you opened your eyes and saw everyone for the individuals that they are instead of the group that they share a belief with, me and you could maybe have been friends.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by followerofchrist
MM let me ask you a couple of questions. If the Bible is not true and just a bunch of fairy tales then why does every person know about Jesus? even know some of the miracles he did?

Im pretty sure everyone knows Santa Claus isn't real and just a fairy tale. Whats his miracle you might ask? To bring joy to kids at Christmas. Kids believe in Santa then as they grow up realize it's all just a story.

It's a fairytale, same as the bible. A story passed along to others. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
One difference though, its not a miracle to spread joy to kids. Its a miracle to give sight to the blind, Its a miracle to allow a crippled to walk again.

Do you think yourself to be a good person?

God Bless

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would think almost all the law of the ten commandments are a good moral law to follow.

But then I would also say the greatest commandments that Jesus gave.

One
to love god with all the heart and all the soul to know he is the only and God, and that you should not have another god before him.

Second
Was to love you nabor as you would ove your self.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I would think almost all the law of the ten commandments are a good moral law to follow.

except for the fact that it puts women into the same category as farm animals...
and it excludes rape

But then I would also say the greatest commandments that Jesus gave.

One
to love god with all the heart and all the soul to know he is the only and God, and that you should not have another god before him.

why is faith more virtuous than not committing murder?

Second
Was to love you nabor as you would ove your self.

buddha said it first.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

except for the fact that it puts women into the same category as farm animals...
and it excludes rape

No where in the ten commandments does it put women in the same category as farm animals. Nor does it say anything about rap in the ten commandments.

why is faith more virtuous than not committing murder?

Well faith is you follow without knowing. Virtuous is rightness or honorable. Not committing murder it honorable. You just wanting to agrue again. now who's going off topic.,

buddha said it first.

You mean the God that does'nt exist. Or the religion??

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
No where in the ten commandments does it put women in the same category as farm animals.

10: thou shalt not covet thy neigbor's wife or house etc

Nor does it say anything about rap in the ten commandments.

that's the point. "thou shalt not rape" should be in there

Well faith is you follow without knowing. Virtuous is rightness or honorable. Not committing murder it honorable. You just wanting to agrue again. now who's going off topic.,

um, we're talking about the ten commandments, this time we're not getting off topic. faith is considered a virtue, that's kind of stupid.

You mean the God that does'nt exist. Or the religion??

first of all... nobody worships buddha as a god. buddha means "enlightened one."
i mean Siddhārtha Gautama, the man that buddhism claims to be the first buddha.
he said it 300 years before jesus was supposedly born.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You're actually very funny you know that maddness, first off, that is true that it doesn't say in plain words, or in a language that you would understand, "thou shalt not rape" but, it does sayin the commandments to " love thy neighbor " of course this doesn't mean just the person next door. Also, When jesus said that love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength if, in fact you DO that you treat other people differently then you would if you just don't care. When you DO treat people like that you tend not to go out and rape anything that moves. But, I wouldn't expect you to obviously know such a simple thing as that...By the way How have you kept up things since I've been away?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The commandments that Jesus said summed up the law were actually quotes directly from the books of Moses. Thus although Jesus spoke them during the 1st Century AD they were written some 1500 years earlier. Now that would sugggest that Buddha didn't say them first.

Deut 6:5 - You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. (NASB)

Lev 19:18 - You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD. (NASB)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join