It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are the Shadow People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickgrey
Personally this sounds like schizophrenia to me. The reason the "shadow people" paralyze you is because you're having sleep paralysis which usually results in hallucinations.

Shadow people do not always occur during sleeping periods. However this is usually a pro-active time to show themselves to you without having huge fearful implications.

What are 'hallucinations'? Tricks on the mind? Or is this mere terminology to describe something out of this world and real?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Guy

Originally posted by kolo_heights

Ummmm, shadow people often cause the viewer to become temporarily paralyzed. If I was to travel to the past, I don't think I'd do that to myself.

This temporary paralysis you speak of is a human triggered result of viewing something 'not of this world'. When I first spotted the shadow person I was completely fixated on it, drawn in by sinister, dangered feelings. This is a natural human reaction for viewing the unatural, but your future self may enhance these thoughts.

As mentioned before some of the most life changing and memorable experiences are the ones that disturb the individual. I certainly would have not remembered the experience had I not been truly frightened.

Your future self visits you to make minor tweaks as a catalyst for future implications. You wouldn't experience a self-enlightening, blissful experience from your future self as this would solidify your viewpoint that you were on the right avenue in life.

They are here to change us, not to re-assure

Yeah, somehow don't think so.

Anything more productive to add?

As mentioned before this is entirely my opinion, but I have truly experienced a number of enlightening and revealing situations since witnessing my future self as a child. I dont hold all the answers, but I do believe that this is a snippet of the truth, or at least what I've been destined to acknowledge and understand.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by prmlscrm

I do believe therefore that it is possible to travel into the past, but not the future, as this is a logical paradox.

well not really... surely if you travel to the past then your present becomes the future, and on your thought line, then it would be impossible to travel back to the future...

Also, surely if your brother witnessed it, then it will have "tweaked" his future also and as the shadow person is YOUR future self then surely this becomes redundant as the shadow person is obviously having an effect on other people which isn't his purpose.

unless you had a delorian... j/k but i'm sure you know what i meant.

[edit on 14/6/07 by prmlscrm]

It all boils down to knowledge of existence. Without going too scientific, one can travel into their past as they 'know' and have experienced their past. Not only does one need the technology to travel in the first place, but they must also have the knowledge of their existence both in their present and past.

If us humans at this stage of development somehow gained the technology to travel into the past, then we would theoretically be able to travel into our past and view ourselves. Thus shadow people can travel 'back to the future' as it is their natural present, while they have the technology to do it.

However, humans at this development stage cannot as their future is yet to be played out. If humans at this development stage managed to steal their future self's technology and travel into the future without the knowledge of it (thus making it their present) I dare not think of the consequences.

Ultimately to travel 'back to the future' one must of been there in the first place, which I believe is theoretically possible. Humans in this fabric of time would simply be 'travelling to the future' which I believe is a paradox as they would not have the knowledge of their future.

Your future self can have effects on others. It's interesting because while I have aged my experience firmly resides in my head (and Ive had many follow-up experiences), while my brother rarely thinks of it these days.

Ultimately we all effect one another in a sort of domino effect. We are all one collective conscience and while my brother rarely mentions the experience, my shift in thought and development has indirectly changed and developed him in this lifetime aswell.

Your future selfs main aim is to change your notion of existence, but it's revelation can and does have effect on others.

Maybe I experienced my brothers future self?

~Kolo~

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3twenty5

Ummmm, shadow people often cause the viewer to become temporarily paralyzed. If I was to travel to the past, I don't think I'd do that to myself.

This temporary paralysis you speak of is a human triggered result of viewing something 'not of this world'. When I first spotted the shadow person I was completely fixated on it, drawn in by sinister, dangered feelings. This is a natural human reaction for viewing the unatural, but your future self may enhance these thoughts.

As mentioned before some of the most life changing and memorable experiences are the ones that disturb the individual. I certainly would have not remembered the experience had I not been truly frightened.

Your future self visits you to make minor tweaks as a catalyst for future implications. You wouldn't experience a self-enlightening, blissful experience from your future self as this would solidify your viewpoint that you were on the right avenue in life.

They are here to change us, not to re-assure

"When I first spotted the shadow person I was completely fixated on it, drawn in by sinister, dangered feelings. This is a natural human reaction for viewing the unatural, but your future self may enhance these thoughts."

I have experienced this also.

One night I was at a friends condo garage. We were in his parking spot, looking at his new car. We started drinking one beer and barely finished it. At this time, I was standing between the car and the door which let up the stairs to his living room. I suddenly felt this presence, I responded with fear and a sense of evil. It was coming down the stairs towards me, I felt it go through the left side of my body. It gave an intense but low vibration and felt like an energy source slowly hovering over the ground. It made all the hair in my body shoot up, I had to brush down the hairs on face and neck because it was so uncomfortable.

When this happened, I had no knowledge of shadow people but started to believe in ghosts after the experience. But now I read on shadow people and I dont know which one it would fall under.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Also, for some reason I knew exactly where it was headed. It just went right around to the back of the house and disappeared, weird....

[edit on 16-6-2007 by 3twenty5]

Firstly thankyou for sharing your experience,

Humans have a knack of 'feeling' the unnatural or unknown. What we dont understand inherintely frightens us, and we kick into animal/survival mode. Humans are so acustom to this percieved reality that when something visits us that 'breaks down the walls', we truly are dumbfounded and are usually changed from the experience.

By the sound of your experience it may well be your future self. The fact that you knew where it was going points to the fact that rather then that train of thought, it knew where you would be looking! Knowledge of knowing where you would look suggests a traveller from the future.

Can you remember what the entity looked like?

While I dont believe shadow people can 'travel' through us, they can certainly give off vibes which wrap us into their existence. If you didnt experience the dark sihlouette you may well of 'felt' that it had previously past through your house.

Good luck!

~Kolo~

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by captinofcats
Kolo..i remember when you first joined ats ..infact one of your first posts if it wasnt the first, was a story describing the experience you shared with your brother walking home..i remember it distinctly because it was so interesting..im very happy that through the time you have participated at ATS you have come to your own conclusions about what happened that night..you have grown a lot since then..it might help others if you posted a link to your original thread so that people can read your story.

captinofcats,

Hello once again! Yes I do remember chatting to you many months ago, you were extremely supportive and offered some interesting thoughts on the matter.

For those who wish to re-visit my experience follow the below link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And yes, I have grown a lot since the experience. While the experience certainly doesnt consume my life, I have had many follow-up experiences which I feel all point to that night, both positive and negative.

I'm not going to pretend I have all the answers, but I'm of the opinion my train of thought on this matter was pre-destined. I was meant to have that experience, I was meant to experience other experiences, and I will ultimately achieve what I'm meant to do.

Whether it's the truth or completely false, its my own individual peace.

Life is all about understanding and enjoying one's existence

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by captinofcats
Kolo..i remember when you first joined ats ..infact one of your first posts if it wasnt the first, was a story describing the experience you shared with your brother walking home..i remember it distinctly because it was so interesting..im very happy that through the time you have participated at ATS you have come to your own conclusions about what happened that night..you have grown a lot since then..it might help others if you posted a link to your original thread so that people can read your story.

I agree, link to your story please.

actually, I found it. I got so many chills reading that thread. When I experienced the "ghost or shadow person" I did not feel fear out of its appearance but the sense of its presence and actually feeling its presence physically.

However, I do recall having a feel of that terror you described in your first post. It was in a dream. I know it is off topic but I have had many symbolic nightmares that some how interests me. Well, in the dream it felt like I was staring in the eyes of fear/hate/evil itself. It was completely frightening.

Now that I think about it. I do recall experiencing a shadowy figure on top of myself when I awoke from another nightmare. It was extremely symbolic in terms of history and artifacts. The one symbolic picture my thoughts percieved(it felt as though it was being projected into) was, from my most present understanding, the holy grail. When this picture was being percieved I percieved a narrative that said," I have met/experienced Jesus Christ." This "picture perception"(shown images of symbolic items) had about 20 symbols with narrative translation. For some reason I only remember fully this one. Also, this happened while I was having a nightmare. I got pulled out of my nightmare into a "picture perspective" that had narrative translation! I got so frightened after the 20th "picture perception" and panicked. I snapped out of it only to see a shadowy figure on top of me. I felt paralized but kept fighting it and eventually struggle to the floor, to feel it so I knew it was not a dream. I did feel it but who knows.

So, thats my experiences with these "shadow people."

Thoughts, please!

Once again thankyou for sharing your experience,

One does not need to 'see' a shadow person to know one is there, or at least has been there. Where I witnessed my shadow person still puts me at unease. While it's form was merely 'creepy', like yourself, it's prescence felt like it was attacking me.

In my opinion some dreams are our inner energies released from our shell and ego. Like yourself, I also had an extremely disturbing dream whereby I was swimming in deep ocean towards a bottomless pit. All of a sudden a blue entity with piercing eyes flashed into my mind. I was staring straight at this entity and like yourself, had feelings of genuine fear and vulnerability.

Your experience of a shadow person is common amongst many. The shadowy figure in your room staring at you, or even physically attacking you. While I dont want to objectively give an answer for all, I do believe that your future self can 'latch' into your physche and manipulate your dreams, once again with the mindset to change you.

Regarding attacking you, although the most severe of experiences, your future self may do this to truly 'get through to you'. As far as I'm aware no-one has actually died from an experience with a shadow person.

Furthermore without speculating too much, if it is possible for humans to time travel it wouldn't be illogical to think other entities may also possess this power.

These experiences, although extremely frightening, are for your development through this fabric of time. Every individual has a purpose and path in life, and sometimes it takes one's future self to guide them through their existence.

They are your guardians, protectors and mentors, but are not afraid to do radical things to ensure you fulfill your destiny, their present...

~Kolo~

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Like yourself, I also had an extremely disturbing dream whereby I was swimming in deep ocean towards a bottomless pit. All of a sudden a blue entity with piercing eyes flashed into my mind. I was staring straight at this entity and like yourself, had feelings of genuine fear and vulnerability.

Wow, this is the same scenario I had in my dream. Since it is similar I would like to share it.

I was in the "fourth person view"(sims) but also had a narrative telling me what was going on. I was locked on a island which was percieving a family, like a T.V. but on an island in real life. I think the daughter did something wrong and the dad was beating her while the younger son watched. There was no mother. The narrative explained," that the hate the dad has given to the child creates evil." Time elapsed, the story just presented was now a myth. People around the world would come to visit this site of "fear/evil." Now the perspective is on a tour boat with a man telling the story of the little girl. He said that the girls soul is now trapped as a creature in the sea. Then, my perspective when into a "third person view," it felt more like I was floating in the water looking for this "creature." I went just a bit under the sea and can still hear the crowd on the boat. I suddenly saw this dark mermaid figure. It saw me and then stared, I stared back into her eyes, but it was pitch black like a black hole and thats when I felt the intense fear/evil. It was so intense that I had to look away. I have never felt that frightened in my life.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I know EXACTLY what these shadow people are. They are a race of beings known as the Aarak-shei (Ah-rack-sh-[long a]). They come from a reality that is very close to our own. They are beings of darkness. They will not harm you unless you are a Xanian or a threat to their mission. They are in the Employ of Xantos, the personification of Darkness. If you are a Xanian, just stay out of their way.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
My previous post applies to Shapeless "shadow people. Those with form are not the same creature and ARE a threat. They are the Xanatosians and they want humanity to serve them along with the Xanians. If you see one, just run, you can't fight them. They are much more powerful than a human and they will take your body and use it to further their cause. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FIGHT THEM! Us Xanians in human bodies will take care of them.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
how do you know if your xanian?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i thought i posted a reply but it didnt work.... grrr
so

how do we know if were xanian or not
first itme i hear of this... i can think of many times when i have seen something of a sort (shadow person peeking ) but i just disreguarded it as me being crazy..

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't know how I didn't catch this thread the first time around. I am glad it got brought back from the dead though because now that I have read it I have a question.

If these shadow people are ourselves from the future, then going by your theory, someone who saw a shadow person two days ago couldn't die today? Unless time travel was invented this morning and I missed the news.

People have been seeing shadow people for a long long time and I am sure that many people that have seen, what you refer to as their future self, are long dead by now.

By your theory wouldn't it only be possible to see shadow people if you live to see time travel in action? How could someone 100 years ago see their future self come back with some sort of time travel device?

Just all seems a little confusing to me... Or maybe alot

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xangi
I know EXACTLY what these shadow people are. They are a race of beings known as the Aarak-shei (Ah-rack-sh-[long a]). They come from a reality that is very close to our own. They are beings of darkness. They will not harm you unless you are a Xanian or a threat to their mission. They are in the Employ of Xantos, the personification of Darkness. If you are a Xanian, just stay out of their way.

I never thought i would say this but... WHAT???
can you actually prove anything you've said?
oh and what are you talking about i never thought i would post this but i mean
dude!!!

seriously if you could show some small hint of proof i would believe you undeniable proof what are you talking about prove that any of these things can even give me a paper cut even

you cant claim things without proof

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I know how this stuff goes. The other day I was fighting some Vernatrian Cloak Beasts of the planet Retreyon IV. Their laser ocillators and plasma shields were a problem, but I pulled out my plasma charger and blew them away. Have you heard how the Xonthaids are doing lately? I heard Archontolopz is having some marital problems...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamneldon
I don't know how I didn't catch this thread the first time around. I am glad it got brought back from the dead though because now that I have read it I have a question.

If these shadow people are ourselves from the future, then going by your theory, someone who saw a shadow person two days ago couldn't die today? Unless time travel was invented this morning and I missed the news.

People have been seeing shadow people for a long long time and I am sure that many people that have seen, what you refer to as their future self, are long dead by now.

By your theory wouldn't it only be possible to see shadow people if you live to see time travel in action? How could someone 100 years ago see their future self come back with some sort of time travel device?

Just all seems a little confusing to me... Or maybe alot

lol. That's a perfect debunk. Good job.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What are you guys talking about? I just saw Fred the Shadow Man yesterday, I was in a little bit of a rush so I couldn't do a stop n' chat, but he was definitely there!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

They show up to observe, to guide and to explore. Through praying on our emotions and animal instinct we become fearful of them, fearful of something different. But they are not different, they are us.

Shadow people are us from the future, observing their past form. Through revealing themselves to their past form (namely us) they make minor changes to the individuals thought process, which snowballs to massive changes in our future, their present.

They are in black sihouette to ensure our considered boundaries on reality are not comprimised. Our mental state is unable to cope with a known replica copy thus blocks its out with the darker then dark mass. However the primevil fear remains.

They will not harm, nor will they comprimise our existence. They will however ensure that you are keeping along the right track. If you are regularly visited by a shadow person, you are or will be at crossroads in your life.

Do not fear yourself from the future. Time is simply a measurement of a constant fluid motion. Through bending space so extensively one can merge into their past.

What lurks in the shadows holds the keys to your future

~Kolo~

I can safely say that I know that you are wrong to an extent. I have experienced shadow beings during excorcisms which did harm. They weren't human.

Now if your mind blocks out the replica of yourself, how do you know that it is you from the future?

And how you state our brain works is inaccurate. Initially it would not be a known replica. It would be similar to identical twins separated at birth who never knew each other existed and bump into each other by accident. The brain doesn't block them out.

So you can't prove that it's us from the future. YOur idea about the brain blocking out the image is inaccurate. YOu say shadow beings can't harm us but there are numerous accounts that they do. And by your theory since the brain blocks it out, how can you know that you are correct?

I mean no offense, but it sounds like you just made a bunch of stuff up. It make no sense.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

They show up to observe, to guide and to explore. Through praying on our emotions and animal instinct we become fearful of them, fearful of something different. But they are not different, they are us.

Shadow people are us from the future, observing their past form. Through revealing themselves to their past form (namely us) they make minor changes to the individuals thought process, which snowballs to massive changes in our future, their present.

They are in black sihouette to ensure our considered boundaries on reality are not comprimised. Our mental state is unable to cope with a known replica copy thus blocks its out with the darker then dark mass. However the primevil fear remains.

They will not harm, nor will they comprimise our existence. They will however ensure that you are keeping along the right track. If you are regularly visited by a shadow person, you are or will be at crossroads in your life.

Do not fear yourself from the future. Time is simply a measurement of a constant fluid motion. Through bending space so extensively one can merge into their past.

What lurks in the shadows holds the keys to your future

~Kolo~

May I ask how do you know that?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

[edit on 5-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kolo_heights

i think there is merit in your hypothesis.
i recognized myself in a shadow person encounter i had, once for sure, maybe twice.

but i didn't recognize myself until much later.

i've detected other shadows, too, and they might have been me or maybe not. i don't know as of yet.

thanks for sharing, it's given me something to think about - not that i needed anything, but thanks all the same.
i just mean i think too much, already.
or at least that's what i'm told.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join