It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis, Paris Hilton and Singularity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Tonight, space shuttle Atlantis returns to space. If that escaped your attention it is probably because of the media's fixation on Paris Hilton.

What a commentary on our fascination with the trivial.

At a time in mankind's history where we are reaching for the stars, we concern ourselves with fads, we trivialize the genocide of cultures, we care more about what our shareholders think than doing the "right thing" and we are allowing our God given rights to be stripped from us without even so much as an objection from the citizenry.

We are reaching a singularity in culture, in science, in morals. We have become the very thing that we "preach" against.

Here is a little prediction: It is very possible that during this mission of Atlantis, something incontrovertible could be documented. The singularity. The watershed moment that will grab the world's attention. The moment in time when something beyond ourselves manifests. How can explain what I don't understand...just a very strong feeling.

Godspeed Atlantis, come home safe...and take lots of pictures!

Atlantis has accomplished and will accomplish great things.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ok.

You've been watching TV and the Paris story is all over the news.

You're peeved. Understood.

You say we are at at time that "we are reaching for the stars". I agree.
Paris Hilton is a star. Yet, I digress.

Mankind has been seeking the stars for many, many years. And, I hope
we continue to do so.

You mention "God given rights". Which God, and exactly what rights ?
(asked in total seriouness)

And, you throw in a prediction. Why ? Did you have a vision ? Gut feeling ?

Pondering,
Lex

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
OP, As much as I hate to admit that I got suckered, I did. I give a star here for an original heading to a thread that is going nowhere. Just my 'gut feeling' on it. But you did make me have to try to think how the three items in the tittle bar could be related. And I don't mind being spoofed once in a while.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just an observation...I've always felt there was something special about the shuttle Atlantis. With events progressing the way they are...why not?

As for God, there is only One true...(God that is)

As for our rights, I refer to the Constitution of the United States who's authors defer to God as the One who bestows those rights.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by MrMicrophone]

[edit on 8-6-2007 by MrMicrophone]

new topics

top topics

join