It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What caused space to be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What could possible have caused space to be? Was space there before matter came into the picture? Does space have an ending point or ending part that causes the vacuum?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
woah dude! You are asking a question no one can really answer! I would recommend reading this thread on String Theory and Dark matter... it will blow your mind! hehe

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Quite frankly, I believe that at one point we were all one with God. God decided to give free will to each of us and see what the outcome would be. We started asking questions and bickering over the answers, eventually the bickering turned into all out arguments until one day....

well.....

One day, God exploded.

God is not trying to bring us all back together, that's why the universe is not only expanding but picking up speed. God is pushing us all away.

And that is what caused space to be.

Next question?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I dont believe in any god, but I do believe we have lots to learn.

That question is really interesting.

If we knew the answer to that we would be god.

I think though there is some kind of pulsing to the whole thing. Space is there then the universe ends and its not, then its there again.

But what do you consider space ? Is it time , matter, or just a bubble type thing which allows for certain rules to apply, like the speed of light and electron spin.....

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Buddy you get my five stars for asking the right question. I could re-state as "What caused be to space?" but then I'd be being a bit mischevious. Short answer, don't think you can have "matter" without "space". Second question is much more interesting. I am curious as to what caused you to ask if the ending of space causes a vacuum?

new topics

top topics

join