It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Insane Dream. Please help analyze.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I had one of the most detailed realistic dreams I've ever had in my life. I wrote it down this morning. I remember the dream with great detail. I thought I was still dreaming when I woke up. I posted it below. Its sorta long and I hope you guys believe me since its somewhat detailed. I'm starting a dream diary because of this. Dream below.

June 08 2007

Dream started off (from what I remember) with me and my brother hunting bear and wild hogs in my old backyard woods where I grew up. No bears or hogs really lived there. There was another group of hunters that were hostile and one of them was right next to a bear when I shot at it with my rifle. Everyone got mad at me cause it came close to hitting the other guy but it hit the bear. Me and my brother ran down to go shoot the bear some more and we run out of ammo in our guns and the bear starts chasing us. All I remember from this point on is my legs got paralyzed and I couldn’t run. I tried having a tree between me and the bear. Not sure if the bear caught me or not because I woke up. I then went back to bed and saw giant boars! I don’t remember where the dream went from there.

I woke up again some time through out my sleep and took another piss. Went back to bed.

I was at a party where I noticed family members and had a bottle of tequila in my hands. I start drinking it as quickly as I can and before you know it it’s a shot glass that I just finished (crazy stuff).

Not sure what happened next but there was a weird disfigured person chasing my. He cuts me open in my chest. I felt the pain and all. Next thing I know im in a garage running from the same guy. He cuts my throat and I cant breath. Blood is everywhere and I go to cover my throat and it felt as if it were real. I could hear myself breathing through my throat. I fell back and the guy continued cutting but I didn’t actually see it. Its as if I was really experiencing it.

I thought I woke up but I was really still in a dream and in the garage I was killing in. I got up and got out of the garage. My shirt was cut where I was cut upen in my chest and there was bloog all over it but I had no scars or marks on my chest or neck.

I hear the disfigured man yell at me and I start running from him. I noticed myself in my old neighborhood yet again (same where the bear/boar part took place). I’m running to where my home used to be and see a guy. I run up to him and apparently hes one of three brothers. He said id been dead 8 years. So the dream jumped around yet again and I was at my old house knocking on the door but my family didn’t live there. I go check the mailbox and it was empty.

Once again the disfigured man comes into play and I see him as im walking down the road. This is where the dream really has me flipping my lid. Because a huge fedex truck showed up and I disconnected the trailer with my mind and threw it at the guy and thought I crushed him. The fedex driver turned around and ran over the trailer.

Dream jumps around and im walking up the hill of a neighbors house. I see the same man covered in dead pine needles hiding. I ran down the hill and this is where I woke up.

When I woke up I thought I was still in my dream. It was extremely real and left me sorta sick to my stomach.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the general theme to your dream to me is the whole can't get away. from the bear the mutilating man etc... I have dreams sometimes where I am trying really hard to run from some threat or something is hunting me down and no matter how hard I try I can't run fast enough. sometimes I'm literally running in place and the thing catches up to me. sometimes I'm concious that I'm dreaming and I beg myself to wake up because it will end if I do. sometimes I go back to sleep and get sent right back to where I left off.

I know from asking around that the whole can't save yourself from the danger, getting hunted down and not being able to escape etc... can't run fast enough. All that goes to anxiety about something pending in your concious life. For me it's when bills are due or some bill collector is calling constantly threatening me. basically you feel threatened by something and at the same time feel helpless and unable to do much about it. one time an impending court date for a misdemeanor had me having similar dreams.

Man it's scary how vivid and cruel some of these dreams can be. I remember some vividly probably for the rest of my life.

A good example of a feeling of helplessness about something in your concious life would be to dream about shooting a gun at some threat and no matter how hard you try you can't hit the monster or the trigger won't pull or the gun won't fire or it just doesn't help. all of that points to feelings of helplessness.

so, got anything in your conciousl ife that is freakinbg you out, or worrying you, and do you sorta feel overwhelmed or helpless about it? That could be the anxiety that is trying towork it's self out in your dream. man I had one where I was shot right in the head and just fell to the gbround like a sack of patatos and lay there bleeding out for a good 5 minutes paralized while people walked around my cooling body and blood collected around my ears face and filled my eyes. another time this thing that looked like the personal demon in the bruce lee biography movie that haunts him in his dreams hunted me down breaking through walls chasing me down the street if eventually cornered me and took a street stop sign tore it out of the road and used it like a battle axe to cut me in half.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the general theme to your dream to me is the whole can't get away. from the bear the mutilating man etc... I have dreams sometimes where I am trying really hard to run from some threat or something is hunting me down and no matter how hard I try I can't run fast enough. sometimes I'm literally running in place and the thing catches up to me. sometimes I'm concious that I'm dreaming and I beg myself to wake up because it will end if I do. sometimes I go back to sleep and get sent right back to where I left off.

I know from asking around that the whole can't save yourself from the danger, getting hunted down and not being able to escape etc... can't run fast enough. All that goes to anxiety about something pending in your concious life. For me it's when bills are due or some bill collector is calling constantly threatening me. basically you feel threatened by something and at the same time feel helpless and unable to do much about it. one time an impending court date for a misdemeanor had me having similar dreams.

Man it's scary how vivid and cruel some of these dreams can be. I remember some vividly probably for the rest of my life.

A good example of a feeling of helplessness about something in your concious life would be to dream about shooting a gun at some threat and no matter how hard you try you can't hit the monster or the trigger won't pull or the gun won't fire or it just doesn't help. all of that points to feelings of helplessness.

so, got anything in your conciousl ife that is freakinbg you out, or worrying you, and do you sorta feel overwhelmed or helpless about it? That could be the anxiety that is trying towork it's self out in your dream. man I had one where I was shot right in the head and just fell to the gbround like a sack of patatos and lay there bleeding out for a good 5 minutes paralized while people walked around my cooling body and blood collected around my ears face and filled my eyes. another time this thing that looked like the personal demon in the bruce lee biography movie that haunts him in his dreams hunted me down breaking through walls chasing me down the street if eventually cornered me and took a street stop sign tore it out of the road and used it like a battle axe to cut me in half.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Actually you've hit it head on. I'm having lots of stuff bothering me and going on at the moment.

Ill try and keep it short. I recently joined the air force and was supposed to leave the end of April. I was in the hotel the air force put me in and had a anxiety attack. More or less it was out of my hands because you usually cant control stuff like that without med's.

I'm now wishing I had just controlled the anxiety attack that happening (which again without medication is hard/impossible) and ended my career before it started. Ive been wanting to do it for clost to 5 years and lost a ton of weight and got back in high school to achieve it. So more or less im beating myself up about it big time.

So I decided id try to get into school but that hast gone well at all. Having trouble getting a job too. I have a general feeling that im a failure in life. I have no friends because I give people a weird vibe etc...

Your post more or less addressed what could be going on. But id still like to see what others have to say about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well You crushed the guy with a truck in your dream, but your mind wouldn't let him go. I imagine you could have strapped him to a rocketship and watched him fly into space and the rocket explode, and next thing in your dream he'd be hiding in the bushes next to you.

Our mind is just funny... I don't understand it, but it's funny...

But I do think that most of the time, after you crushed the guy with the truck, the dream would do something else. Seems like that sort of thing could have led to you going into a lucid dream or your mind simply saying enough is enough, and waking up. And yea you kind of woke up soon after that, but still I am surprised to hear that the guy was there again, but I can see how.

In that regard to me it is extreme...

You've done a good job recalling it too, never easy with the dream jumpking around.

I also think that sometimes our minds just have to worry, even if we don't want to... Like a survival instinct or a fear reaction that we may actually be beyond in some respect, but our dreaming mind may want to explore it anyway, as a reaction. Almost as a healing method.

It seems to me that when the mind is reactive in our dreams, it does make us a sitting duck. Or if it's proactive, we are creating our own fate. At least as far as dreams and thoughts go.

new topics

top topics

join