It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Sr.'s military record on suspended website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It's not surprising that often when digging around for dirt on the Web I see links to stories about the Bushes. Often these sites have been "put out of commission". Either they are legitimately shutdown or I'm being paranoid. Does anyone here know what the criteria or process is for suspending sites?

The following is the link to the story about George Sr.'s military record.
www.talion.com...

The link didn't work...so I took off the extension and just entered www.talion.com and it says the account has been suspended. Can anyone tell me who suspended the account? Are you not allowed to post information about President's I just wonder what's behind this.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well in a post 911 world, it seems anything can be done at the mention of "National Security." If it was really his military record, disclosing it to the public is most definately illegal. Either the site was shut down due to that fact, or quite possibly because the site experienced a sort of Denial of Service becuase so many peolple were following the link, creating a huge run on bandwidth. Either one is higly likely, but I would lean toward it being forced to be shut down.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
there is such a thing as privacy isn't there?

would you want your record on the internet if you served?

what about your medical records for the whole world to see?

we probably know more about him than we need to know now and yet people feel that they have a right to know everything.

then the real question is why?

so they can use it against you?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Actually THENEO that's a luxery you give up when you want to be the "leader of the three world" and in the public limelight, and everyone knows this.
If he can't handle people not wanting to know everything about him (which they are entitled to, if some guy is going to influence the way I live my life I want to know EVERYTHING about him) then he shouldn't have run for office in the first place.

He knew the little freedoms he would be giving up so now he has to live with the consequences, as with all politicians, celebrities e.t.c.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
To a point I agree with you Nada but only to a point.

Furthermore there are many people that criticize him that would never even go into the military so what are they really saying here?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well those same people don't claim to be military don't claim to be military heroes, or "done their bit for their country" when in fact that's most likely bullsh*t.
Why else hide it? No one here has made such claims, and in fact I don't think most of these people would be dumb enough in the first place to join the military.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
try this:
216.239.41.104...:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.talion.com%2Fgeorgebush.html

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
could also be that they used up their bandwidth for the week, or month, or they didnt pay their bill... You never know...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Interesting. I am not much of a Bush basher or a believer in the "big conspiracy" but with his record and then to say "They could sense I was going to be one of the great pilots of all time", well...that was a huge stretch. LOL!

Still though, it's a bit like the "you-should-have-seen-that-fish" story most people have.
Or of course most guys who think 4 inches is actually 8.

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
try this:
216.239.41.104...:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.talion.com%2Fgeorgebush.html

He was talking about Bush Sr. mate.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
and, I wish just giving a link to the google cache of the web page listed above, that isn't working, mate

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
it took me a while to actually understand what you were talking about with you post Bob, ? comes after and...

But you're right, my mistake I apologise.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
web.archive.org...://www.talion.com/georgebush.html

new topics

top topics

join