It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handheld PC Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I was wondering... are there any hand-held pc/media players where I could be able to plug, for example, my external hard drive in and watch movies off of it?

I'm assuming it would have to be a pocket pc type thing, as I'd have to have DivX for most of them.

So yea, are there media players that can be used to watch movies off an external hard drive?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Not that I know, but I think I saw some time ago a Pocket-PC with a common USB port. That could be what you want.

I will look for it.

Edit: what I had in mind was the Toshiba e805, it has a USB host cable (a separate purchase) that lets you connect USB peripherals.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the info... not quite what I'm looking for, but thanks nonetheless. I'm just trying to find something smaller, kinda like a PSP, you know where I could watch my movies and stuff instead of using a PC or carrying a laptop around. if you see anything else, please let me know!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
you could try posting at www.xda-develpers.com, but i frequent there as I am a huge ppc phone enthusiast and I've never come across anything like that. The common usb-ports on phones will allow you to transmit data but as far as I know do not have A/V capability. :shk:

top topics

join