It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Going To Search For ETs By Myself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
One problem with proving the existence of of extraterrestrials is that the only groups (i.e., the government) that have the resources and knowledge to do it want to cover it up.

I'm going to make an attempt to do it myself, even though it's a long shot. My friend's wife claimed she was an extraterrsestrial, but she refused to come out to the world with proof. She might be telling the truth, then again she might not be telling the truth. What she did say was that most human extraterrestrials that live on Earth have no interest in proving their existence. The reason for that is that they want to do whatever they're here to do without being hassled. That is disappointing to me.

I think I've found a way to prove their existence without bothering them. I once asked her what her mission was, and her answer was simple and mundane. It seemed "un-alien".

She told me her reason for being here was to take music back to her home world, and play it on the radio station that her family runs. She knows alot about music, but she also knows alot about the technical part of radio and TV.

My friend (her husband) gave me a notebook that has information on the frequencies they use and their method of signal modulation. I was also told that on their home world they can watch our TV and listen to our FM radio. If they can receive our signals, we should be able to pick up their signals.

I'm going to give it a shot, that is a project that I'm starting. What I have is a description of how their TV signals work. It's the most similar to the PAL format, but it's still a very different format. Now I'm going to start my own personal SETI program. I ordered a PAL TV on the internet and it just arrived at my house. Right now I'm taking it apart and I'm going to try to build a TV that would have a compatible format with the description that I was given.

So far this is giving me a huge headache. The TV I'm trying to build has higher resolution. The format also calls for two seperate video waves that the TV puts together into one picture, but the video waves and the audio don't use the same method of modulation that a regular TV would use. Once I get this figured out, it could be well worth the headache if it works.

After I do this, I'll need to figure out how to actually bring in the signal. My own backyard is too small to place more than one satellite dish, so I might buy a house with some property to do this.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Amazing theory! I am very interested in how it all works out. Please keep us tuned in, no pun intended. What does her husband (I am assuming he's human) think about all this?
I would think he has some opinion of the whole situation.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Great, please let's know when you succeeded.
I'd like to watch their t.v. program too.

Do they have kind of adult channel there?

Oh yeah if you manage to fetch their frequencies, please relay or rebroadcast it so we all can watch. And the t.v does it have to be a SONY?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Since it seems you have money to buy land and a house and of course satellites. Maybe you should just rent Aricebo 1000 foot reflector dish for some time, since, well, it is under funded now. Cornell would welcome the cash I am sure.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So the friggin' aliens are pirating our satellite tv anrd radio? I'm assuming they're not paying for it.

The least they could do is give us free energy or a cure for cancer or something. If they're just stealing the basic package, maybe a cure for prickly heat or something. But if they're getting the NFL package, cancer cure for sure.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by S. L. Gallo

I think I've found a way to prove their existence without bothering them. I once asked her what her mission was, and her answer was simple and mundane. It seemed "un-alien".

My friend (her husband) gave me a notebook that has information on the frequencies they use and their method of signal modulation. I was also told that on their home world they can watch our TV and listen to our FM radio. If they can receive our signals, we should be able to pick up their signals.

That right there debunks it for me. If there was intelligent life in the universe, they surely would not want to watch our TV!!!

[edit on 8-6-2007 by c3hamby]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Would it not be easier to use tv cards in a pc for this? The resolution is not a problem then, and maybe there is a simple way with a tool that Microsoft made (i'm sorry i forgot the name of the video/audio tool) to mix the 2 seperate pictures into one channel?

Edit: Found the tool "Graphedit" You can link different channels to an output with this.

GraphEdit is a visual tool for building and testing filter graphs. It is provided as an executable with the DirectX SDK. With GraphEdit, you can quickly build and test filter graphs to see if they function as you expect. You can even view a filter graph created by an application running in another process.

[edit on 8/6/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My friend's wife claimed she was an extraterrsestrial, but she refused to come out to the world with proof.

She told me her reason for being here was to take music back to her home world, and play it on the radio station that her family runs. She knows alot about music, but she also knows alot about the technical part of radio and TV.

I'm just going to make a wild suggestion here that may be way off base, so I apologize in advance. But could you entertain the possibility that your 'friends' were pulling your leg? Of course I know full well that the word 'gullible' is NOT in the dictionary, but it strikes me that your 'friends' may have been having a little fun at your expense. What do you think? Is that even a remote possibility, or am I just barking up the wrong tree here?

[edit on 6/8/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well I must say that I doubt anything will come from your experiments, but I applaud your effort. Keep us posted if you pick anything up...

Also, any more information about your friend's wife? Where is she now? How long has it been since you spoke with her?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby

That right there debunks it for me. If there was intelligent life in the universe, they surely would not want to watch our TV!!!

[edit on 8-6-2007 by c3hamby]

I see what you're saying, and I kind of agree with you, but I don't think any of us are in a position to say what we "think" Aliens do and feel. Maybe they get a kick out of our television programs? Who knows? Not us...

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I ordered a PAL TV on the internet and it just arrived at my house. Right now I'm taking it apart and I'm going to try to build a TV that would have a compatible format with the description that I was given.

Good - it will be easy for me to determine if either you, the woman, or BOTH of you are making this up or deluded. Unless you are an electrical engineer, I highly doubt you'll be able to modify an existing TV (with your skills) to decode a different format signal. This is so non-trivial I cannot imagine how you think you're capable of this. What will probably happen is you'll end up killing yourself on one of the high-farad capacitors inside the thing. So my advice is to NOT DO THIS. I may think you're full of it but I don't want you dead.

But if you insist, here's what you need to do to be credible: post on this thread your info about the modulation scheme and exactly how you plan to modify a PAL set to match that scheme. Be specific. I'm sure we have some folks here who know a thing or two about TV and radio technology.

Edit: Oh, and if you DO know a whole lot about TVs, then some of my above comments don't apply, but you'd still need to post your info to be credible.

[edit on 6/8/2007 by Sophismata]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i have to say if you can make this works, props all out to you. ONe thing i dont get is if your friends wife is an alien...i dunno can you jsut explain that to me, like did she say anything about her history or anything...what is the frequency maybe we can try it on ats...

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
All I can say is, if your friend's wife is really an alien, what would be the chance that your post has been traced and that Evil Government Agents(tm) are already knocking on her door?

[edit on 8-6-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
^^^^^Yep, I hear that RIAA takes a real hard stance on galatic piracy of their cut, I mean artist royalties on music. She might get a plea bargin deal though in exchange of new exploitable technologies.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There is a guy here in San Francisco who claims that the government secretly films his family and sells the video feed as a reality show to a civilization known as the Twelve Galaxies. His name is Frank Chu.

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Id love to see some scans of her notebook.

I always had this feeling about some people like they werent human...it was like a vibe that wasnt right, but i never really thought they were aliens, even now i am not really sure about the alien/people.

I worked with this one guy for about a year and he never really talked about anything (aliens, creatures,the usual ATS stuff) then one day he just comes out and says that he thinks that one of our regular customers is a alien and gives me his long theory about these "alien/people."

Ever since then ive been a little more open minded about about these "alien/people".

Again, id really like to see some scans of the info (all of it actually) that she wrote in the notebook.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I hope this is somehow true. Most likely though, you're friend's wife may be schizophrenic. Sorry. Don't want to offend.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Why try to get a signal, when theres an alien right in front of you?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Good post... I always like to see members taking the initiative to do their own investigation. One things bugs me though...

Why not publish the contents of the notebook on ATS so others can use it as well and contribute to the process? There are many experts in various fields on here who could no doubt make valuable contributions. This would also ensure there are backup copies of the information, so that it can't become lost or stolen.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What does her husband (I am assuming he's human) think about all this?
I would think he has some opinion of the whole situation.

He told her he didn't want her to talk about anything extraterrestrial with anymore people. Then he told me that if I want to prove the existence of ETs to the world, he didn't want me to involve her in it or identify her.

I always had this feeling about some people like they werent human...it was like a vibe that wasnt right, but i never really thought they were aliens, even now i am not really sure about the alien/people.

This is an interesting subject. I'll have to begin a new thread that deals with this topic.

There are several possibilities. She is either telling the truth or she is not. I just get that "alien/people" vibe from her. If she isn't telling the truth and my personal SETI program fails, all I have to do is forget about it and never post anything about it here again.

It could also be possible that I will do it wrong. In that case I will post the broadcast frequencies and the modulations here and maybe someone who has more technical knowledge than me would get it right. In that case I wouldn't get credit for it, but I wouldn't have had the credit anyway because I did it wrong.

I'm trying to make a discovery and get the credit for the discovery.

Another possibility is that the government knows about extraterrestrial frequecies and signal modulations, and they broadcast negative signals to cancel anything we might be able to receive.

I'll keep working on it.

I was debating whether or not I should post this message, but it was beneficial because I got some useful feedback.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by S. L. Gallo]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join