It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son of God, not God himself, right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Not too sure what I believe in, but one thing that puzzles me is this. If Jesus is the "son of God", then why do so many people worship Jesus as God himself? I live in the South-Eastern US, and see many "Jesus is Lord" stickers. I thought that the Lord was who brought Jesus to Earth. I am also under the impression that worshipping another God is "sinful." Wouldn't worshipping Jesus be sinful, as he is not God, but a man. Also, if any man claims to be the Lord or savior (sic?), doesn't that make them the Anti-Christ? Think about it. If someone claimed to be the son of God in 2007, they would ridiculed or labeled as the Anti-Christ. If people began to worship this new son of God, would they be wrong? What if it were true? I have been trying to figure out what I believe in for years now. These are but a couple of the things that make it harder to believe.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
it's the trinity concept, it's not supposed to make sense.

god = jesus = holy spirit

yet god doesn't = jesus doesn't = holy spirit

it's clearly humans trying to rationalize an irrational belief

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
thats the worst description of the trinity I ever heard
Word
the universe is made up by trinities
I can prove it
three quarks make a Neutron/Proton
based on radioactive decay and the W boson we know that a
Neutron decays into a Proton and an electon and a anti neutrino
so is it three quarks?
or one neutron?
or three atomic particles?

we know the atom is made of three things Neutrons, Protons, Electrons
we know the N and the P are made of three things, we know that the one Neutron makes the other two particles

so is it one atom?
Or is it three atomic particles?

Its both
same is the Trinity
man made dribble its not, and contary to that remark its a perfect expression of the material universe
there is One God
He is expressed Three ways

[edit on 8-6-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That brings me to another comment that I heard a few years back. I said "what if someone was never exposed to Christianity in any way? Would they go to hell even if they lived a good life?" The answer that I received from a Christian was this: "God would then make his presence known through nature. If they don't see that, then yes, they will go to hell." I have a hard time with concepts like that. Seems way too one-sided to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
those questions are goodbut the answers, especially from fundamentalist christians is very narrowminded and they certainly do not speak for God.

I would not worry about such bad teaching...hell I know JW's that read the bible steady and still cannot get it right

God is Love...
Love your neighbour as yourself and everythings already accounted for.

Its that simple and that profound

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Uh-oh, I have a problem with the Trinity concept like the OP. Why splt three ways if you have the power to do your own Will?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
do you have a problem with the atomic comparitive I gave?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
No, I thought the atomic trinity concept was pretty good. Just trying to figure out the whole worshipping Jesus part, since people were worshipping the same God long before Jesus.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by venom79x
Not too sure what I believe in, but one thing that puzzles me is this. If Jesus is the "son of God", then why do so many people worship Jesus as God himself? I live in the South-Eastern US, and see many "Jesus is Lord" stickers. I thought that the Lord was who brought Jesus to Earth. I am also under the impression that worshipping another God is "sinful." Wouldn't worshipping Jesus be sinful, as he is not God, but a man.

you my friend have just exposed the conspiracy against true Christianity.

Jesus did not teach that he was God himself, he taught that he was his SON. He also taught that we ALL are his children, too.

He taught against the things you mention.

So, then, to take Jesus' flesh and worship him as God himself is blasphemous. In fact, it's an abomination of desolation, or whatever the hell that is called.

To make Idols out of Jesus dying or dead on the Crucifix is again in direct contradiction with the true teachings.

There are alot of crooked people out there, and alot of Christian Churchs have been altered and manipulated, or outright controlled by, men with motives beyond that of just Christianity. Personal motives, motives of control, motives to add certain things seen culturally immoral at the time whilst not being written as a sin back then, etc.

Catholicism is one of the worst, IMO, of these Cult Churches..

[edit on 6/10/2007 by runetang]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
it's the trinity concept, it's not supposed to make sense.

god = jesus = holy spirit

yet god doesn't = jesus doesn't = holy spirit

it's clearly humans trying to rationalize an irrational belief

Trinity is not Christian. It's Catholic, so therefore it is not necessarily the main concept, or any concept at all, in certain sects of Christianity. In my opinion the Trinity as it is commonly known has no place in Christianity. God does, Jesus does, the Holy Spirit does, but Trinity .. nope. God does not equal Jesus does not equal Holy Spirit. God is greater than Jesus which is less than or equal to the Holy Spirit.

I think the Trinity was thought up with stupid people in mind. They were thinking, Gee, lets make this incredibly dumb so everyone will understand!

By the way, before the Crucifix became the common symbol of Christianity, the symbol that I have as my icon/avatar is the symbol that they used to represent Christianity. With or without the alpha and omega symbols, that I think was added. Not sure.

[edit on 6/10/2007 by runetang]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

lets make this incredibly dumb so everyone will understand!

Aren't they (the Catholics) also the ones who destroyed most of the educational values held by Europeans, which brought on the dark ages?
It's easier to control the uneducated, right? Seems to be a common trend of oppression leading to control.

[edit on 6/11/2007 by venom79x]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The trinity is false. Anyone who tells you that Jesus is God is wrong.

When Jesus die on the cross he said [MY GOD MY GOD, why have you [god in heaven] forsaken me [Jesus on earth]] Plus in this scripture Jesus calls God his own God.

Jesus is seen praying to God many times, talking to God, He was'nt talking to himself. And He called God is own father.

Revelations chapter 4-5 God sits on a throne holding in his right hand the scroll of seven seals.[God can not sit nor have a hand if he is only spirit] Then Jesus comes and takes the scroll out of God hands.

Many times throw out the bible Jesus is call son of God. You cannot be a son if you are the father.

A disciple came to Jesus and ask him when is your coming. Jesus said nor him nor man know the timeing of his comeing (judgement day) own God knew. If jesus was God, he would then know the timing of his own coming, but Jesus said he didnt know.

Go to the bible for the truth

Mattew beatitdues
This is what Jesus said.

For I came down from heaven not to do my will, BUT THE FILL OF HIM whom hath sent me. And this is the will of him whom has sent me. That of all that he hath given me, I should lose nothing, but should raise it again at the last day.

top topics

join