It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

end of thread!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
hi,

every time i post in a thread that i like it's the last post ever made on that thread, this annoys me so much i just feel like hitting something (usually a pillow or other soft thing) it's just so bloody annoying. some people will just think "this happens to every one" yeah, maby but this happens ALL THE TIME!!! to me. what is with that!? i am now going to vent my frustration by clicking emotiocons...
:bnghd::bash:

i only just realised how many violant emotiocons are on BTS.

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Don't feel bad. Your plight is not unusual. There are several members here who have voiced the same thing about killing a thread, myself included.

I did have a grand idea though, to someday make a thread with links to every single thread that I killed with a post and all the threads I made that no one responded too. (Did I tell you its worse when you make a thread and no one even makes one comment?)

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Don't worry about it. It happens to everyone. Hey a thread has to end somewhere.It's usually because some new topic gets more interest, or maybe just because no one can come up with a answer to your post.Try bumping the thread to get a response to your post.Then you aren't the thread killer.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
hi,

Ben, yeah i forgot about that damn waste posts,
not posting on mythreadsbloody annoyingidiots.........

sorry about that.

Access, yeah i think i will bump those websites.... on this thread:

=================================================

cool game web sites:

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

great pictures/photograph:

some that got posts but stopped when i posted:

Headlines from the Year 2029:

The Worst Games Ever!!!!!!!!!:

11:11 Whats does it mean?:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

please tell me why my thread links won't work.(or better still if you're a mod please fix them.)

Roswell.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by roswell1]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yeah, I know what you mean.. I just got "end of thread" about paris Hilton

I'm totally glad she got bars...

Yeah, oh well. As I said in my thread that died a couple of hours ago..

*klicks heels* Hip hip hooray! Cheers!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
hmm i seem to have this same problem too...

must

make

better

posts!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
some people will just think "this happens to every one"

I hope that you know why some people might respond that way. The reason is simple -- it's true!

I can't tell you how many threads that I've started that simply didn't receive any responses. Let's just say that it's more than I care to think about. However, the point that I'm trying to make is that this sort of thing does, indeed, happen to everyone. Just don't give up. Keep thinking. Keep developing your ideas and keep posting. Eventually you will hit on a topic or express an opinion that will make people sit back and say "hmmmmmmm?"

At some point, I'm sure, you will come to realize that the best way to garner interest in your thread or topic is to present your opinion in a manner that is concise, well thought out and supported by your research. It also helps to do a spell and grammar check before you post. Nothing detracts interest from an otherwise "good post" than mis-spellings, run-on sentences and lengthy paragraphs.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Completely with you on that one roswell.

I started a thread here about licence plate tagging in the UK and how it was going to be forced, first on "bikers".

Please read the post for full story and my "beef" about the conspiracy.

I was sent a U2U after posting this and APPLAUDED and awarded 500 points?

No-one, not a single sole posted a reply. Puzzled to say the least.

So don't worry, happens to all of us. Threads die, get ignored and get closed because of similar threads.

C'est la vie!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Roswell, my friend:

Take in the knowledge that whatever we started up as a 'thread' will drive other members into serious thinking.

If we 'started a thread' and the thread ended up as NULL...rest assured, this thread 'somehow' takes a life of its own'. And you can visit this thread (that you created, in your travels).

The 'thread' may/maynot "come alive" when you create it, but know this my friend...there will be many newbies and other past members who want to ressurect a 'treasure of a thread', and will want to respond in 'different ways' than what you have presented today!

Threads come and go.

It all depends on HOW we present these threads!

What we think is the friggin next best thing to sliced bread, can be the most putrid stale thing of tomorrow!

Hey!! You never know...'who ever knows'.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
yeah it happens to me from time to time to. i really don't sweat it though.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
hi,

lordinfa, "from time to time" it happens to me all the time.

duckster, thanks for that, it helped a bit.

nerbot, i've never even had an applause. congratulations!

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Roswell, thought I'd post on here to save you the agony of killing your own thread. You're not alone, buddy.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
maybe nobody like you?

just a thought...

and if it's true....... Why care?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
yeah thats what i thought, nobody likes me

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yeah I got a habit of killing threads too... course most of the time by the time I got to the thread everyone found something more interesting to talk about. Then wouldn't you know it, when I give up on the said thread and stop visiting it.... it takes off. Crazy stuff.

I think it will be ok... no worries.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Threads are strange! Sometimes you expect a thread to take off, and it just dies right there. other times you post what you worry might be a dead end, and it seems to last forever. Perhaps, the weirdest thing I've ever seen is the Sleeper Thread!

A Sleeper Thread is one what appears to die on it's first post, then after a few months, someone discovers it and replies with a shift in perspective, causing the thread to take off and run hot.

Ah, the strange, interesting life of the ATS Thread!

Tim

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
got a new one to add to the list:

www.abovetopsecret.com...#

it died before it even started
:shk:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I kill threads seemingly everywhere I go. I killed not one but two role-playing threads in one place, and countless general discussion threads.

Everything I post dies.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think I may have killed a thread of my own:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It doen't even seem to be drawing a "Peek"!

Tim

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well you are a Thread Killer.

What do you expect?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join