It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about the Little man!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I tread dangerously close to living on the edge posting this but I would really like to see what most of you think on this. Especially being a NooB to the forum and somewhat lacking in politics. Be gentle but I post this as an oportunity to learn from you.

Well I think the Constitution and Bill of Rights are not the problem it is all the Egotistical Power Hungry Crooks... I mean politicians. They have widdled away at the Bill of Rights molding it to what they see fit. I think they are way to paranoid. I mean we have some right to be. I think everyone in office should be kicked out. Why can't a little man run for president? WHy can't someone who has known poverty, unemployment, and issues faced by most blue collar and laborers get elected?

Not for say I don't think one couldn't but how would the populous react to that. I fear the people we have elected to office. BUT who else out there is running? The ones that are are more about dethroning GWB. Does anyone of them actually stick to a agenda? If so which do you feel confident in?

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Vonz]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Everyone has an agenda. Even the little guy.

The Constitution was built to be molded. It was purposely writen loosely worded so as to be interperted with the knowledge that each generation has it's own concerns as the world changes constantly

The little guy isn't getting the attention he deserves cause he doesn't care.

He watches and believes the media hook line and sinker, yet does nothing cause he believes the greater good will always prevail.

It is Americans who have screwed this country up more than anyone else.

No one can have power that we don't want to, but with such low voter turnout, it speaks volumes.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Everyone has an agenda. Even the little guy.

The Constitution was built to be molded. It was purposely writen loosely worded so as to be interperted with the knowledge that each generation has it's own concerns as the world changes constantly

The little guy isn't getting the attention he deserves cause he doesn't care.

He watches and believes the media hook line and sinker, yet does nothing cause he believes the greater good will always prevail.

It is Americans who have screwed this country up more than anyone else.

No one can have power that we don't want to, but with such low voter turnout, it speaks volumes.

Worded very well. I agree whole-heartedly with this post. Ignorance is the cause of America's downward spiral. That's why I like ATS, eventhough ignorance lurks here also. The message is good.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The reason I like it here, is that although I don't agree with a lot of people, at least they care.

I'd respect a passionate liberal before an apathetic conservative.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I was beginning to wonder if anyone had any input. For once I wish someone with real enthusiasm and passion about our country would step up. Every other candidate has their own agenda. Not neccessarily in the best interest of everyone.

I think the only reason they show real concern is to get elected. Then after in office every word they said has about as much meaning as the toilet paper they just wiped their arse with.

top topics

join