It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Copy!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
LOL

More attention whorism?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Originally posted by THENEO
They have no right?...

gee I'm amazed at the rights of some to do what they like...

NO they don't, this is considered intelectual property be it registered or not. And I am assuming that it is registered under a domain name with the ISP.
Not only that, but if a person just comes along and copies all the hard work that has been placed in this board, how can they be proud of the "work" that they did?
Would be like me using your Avatar. Do I have that right? Or taking your posts editing them and than putting my name on them. How would you react. I can imagine how you would.
You can blast me all you want, what you say are just words.
I respect this board and the postings, what I don;t respect is somone that comes along, and rips it for the hell of it.

Hey I'm no lawyer but I believe that intellectual property conveys a degree of uniqueness. What is unique about using the words above top secret? For those guys to face any legal action they would have to literally copy the entire website and only make a few changes to it. That is if ATS is in fact copyrighted? Which is easy to do if you know what you are doing.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
TSK...I was thinking the same thing for a moment,hrmmmm!

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by The Real Deal]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Bah spill it TSK, end this lame thread. Can't leave us hanging lol, I am caught in the drama, quick someone kill me.

ps: wonder if I am right. lol

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
ATS is copyrighted.. look on the bottom of any page I think...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

They have no right?...

gee I'm amazed at the rights of some to do what they like...

NO they don't, this is considered intelectual property be it registered or not. And I am assuming that it is registered under a domain name with the ISP.
Not only that, but if a person just comes along and copies all the hard work that has been placed in this board, how can they be proud of the "work" that they did?
Would be like me using your Avatar. Do I have that right? Or taking your posts editing them and than putting my name on them. How would you react. I can imagine how you would.
You can blast me all you want, what you say are just words.
I respect this board and the postings, what I don;t respect is somone that comes along, and rips it for the hell of it.

Hey I'm no lawyer but I believe that intellectual property conveys a degree of uniqueness. What is unique about using the words above top secret? For those guys to face any legal action they would have to literally copy the entire website and only make a few changes to it. That is if ATS is in fact copyrighted? Which is easy to do if you know what you are doing.

All content copyright 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Above Top Secret,
no material may be duplicated elsewhere without the expressed permission of the website owner.