It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"C2C" Drone part 4, Big Basin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau Seeing the same exact Big Basin Drone over the luxor, with people snapping pictures of it, does it seem more or less real to you all? To me it seems much more out of place...

Well a hoax you say? Hmmmm well it looks a lot more real over Vegas... We are afterall near Area 51... we kinda expect weird stuff in the skies here

If I knew more about how ATS works, I would creat two new topics...

Push button at top of page that says "new thread"... if you put it in the wrong category some strange powers usually move it to the right area

But ummmm wherein lies the conspiracy in those two posts?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
i really dont agree that this has anything to do with promoting the transformers movie, if that is indeed what some are implying.

is hovering so high a technology that has become so cheap that the movie industry could afford one?

that is no simple helicopter, where is the tail rotor?

its gotta be a hoax picture, and multi talented one too. he/she had an imagination when they built device. although i could see how some here might think that it looks like someone might have made a copy of somehting they seen in a transformer comic, the design seems much more classical, more like something out of the movie "time machine"

so a good imagination and a familiarity with photoshop.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

is hovering so high a technology that has become so cheap that the movie industry could afford one?

Uhmm, no. But they have some of the best CGI people in the world and could make these little drone pictures easily...

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Besides, the object SEEMS to require the gubbins it posseses in order to overcome gravity. To suggest that some un-named method of negating air resistance must exist seems a bit of a stretch to me, unless anyone has any ideas?

IF it were a real craft and it operated on anti gravity... why would air resistance be an obstacle? You are assuming it would have a fast entry speed...
But with controlled antigravity there is no need for speed so if you had all those "gubbins" sticking out it would not matter...

But on what do you base your conclusion that those "gubbins" have anything to do with its motive power?

Besides which it is the wrong shape for anti gravity drives
It would have to be symetrical or the force would be unbalanced

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

There is no way these objects underwent re-entry. Look at what happened to the shuttle because of a tiny flaw in its heat-shielding. Any protuberances such as those covering all the drones would result in so much turbulence, drag and friction that they would be destroyed.

You're assuming that the "drone" would be entering Earth's atmosphere like the Shuttle. That is one MASSIVE assumption. What if an alien craft had anti gravity technology ? It would be capable of descending very slowly, thereby eliminating atmospheric drag (and frictional heating).

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget

There is no way these objects underwent re-entry. Look at what happened to the shuttle because of a tiny flaw in its heat-shielding. Any protuberances such as those covering all the drones would result in so much turbulence, drag and friction that they would be destroyed.

You're assuming that the "drone" would be entering Earth's atmosphere like the Shuttle. That is one MASSIVE assumption. What if an alien craft had anti gravity technology ? It would be capable of descending very slowly, thereby eliminating atmospheric drag (and frictional heating).

Who suggested that it came down through the atmosphere anyway..... there are plenty of other ways for something to find itself here.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
People, I believe these images are the "nails in the viral marketing coffin," giving compelling evidence this is part of a buzz-building effort for the Transformers movie.

Scene from a older Transformers 3D TV show, showing the launch of a "temporal probe":

Interface item from the viral marketing site, sector7.org (thanks Implosion), which is confirmed to be part of the viral campaign for the movie:

I think it's safe for everyone to stop assuming the photos are real photos of an object in the sky.

What we need to consider is if we should be angry that we've been played the fool.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord,

Nobody on this forum ever needs an excuse to be angry. The real question is, at whom should we be angry next? About what? And, most importantly, where can I find the pictures so I can include them in my next post?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
People, I believe these images are the "nails in the viral marketing coffin," giving compelling evidence this is part of a buzz-building effort for the Transformers movie.

Scene from a older Transformers 3D TV show, showing the launch of a "temporal probe":

Can go you one better here's the video..

Beast Wars season 1 The Probe

Gotta admit that mother ship thing is looking a lot like the latest set of pics..

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So, who should get full credit for discovery of this? If it was member, I say just give him/her the WATS award for the remainder of this year!

On a sad note, I feel this whole debacle has just set the UFO community/research back about 50 steps. It plays into the whole kooky, nutty stereotype that many have about individuals who are interested in this subject.

I just don't understand the whole viral marketing thingy. Why would playing a person for fool make them want to go see your movie or play your video game?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sorry messed up the link and it won't let me edit it

Try this

Beast wars season 1 The Probe

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
These newer pics are cool and all, but the first set of pics keep me looking at all the new drone pics 'found' with an false hope

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nah, the very 1st set of faked photos were the most believable out of the bunch of faked sets in my view...These hoaxsters, or viral marketers that created these sets, screwed up these latest ones by adding too much clunkiness, complexity and lends to a very unbelievable image of an *cough* alien craft.

I think most ATS'ers saw right through this hoax from about page 2 or 3 of the very 1st set of C2C drone pics.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising
Beast wars season 1 The Probe

Nice.

Anyone think the characters along the bottom look familiar?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
So, who should get full credit for discovery of this? If it was member, I say just give him/her the WATS award for the remainder of this year!

On a sad note, I feel this whole debacle has just set the UFO community/research back about 50 steps. It plays into the whole kooky, nutty stereotype that many have about individuals who are interested in this subject.

I just don't understand the whole viral marketing thingy. Why would playing a person for fool make them want to go see your movie or play your video game?

The answer is simple: how do you make a pearl? You add an irritant.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I was just looking for a relationship between "chad" and transformers. I also looked for a relationship between Jenna L and also Stephen but could not find anything.

I found these.
Chad Jones
The human teenage boy who is a main character in the original transformers was nicknamed kicker, his real name revealed in the comic books was Chad Jones. Link
Chad Frey
Lead set designer on the transformers movie.
Professional Organizations:

Art Directors Guild - (IATSE Local 800)
Set Designers Union - (IATSE Local 847)
Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

Design Skills:
Highest proficiency level in Hand Drafting
Model construction (Sketch & Finished)
Computer Skills (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. MS FrontPage, Macromedia FLASH)
Link

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

That doesn't look anything like the drone. Even if it would somehow resemble it doesn't mean anything unless it's like 95%-100% match to the drone pics.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
That doesn't look anything like the drone. Even if it would somehow resemble it doesn't mean anything unless it's like 95%-100% match to the drone pics.

It does resemble the drone... besides, Transformers are what 20-30 years old now... it's not going to be a perfect match...

look at the Hulk movie that came out... he looked nothing like the original.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Originally posted by PsykoOps

It does resemble the drone... besides, Transformers are what 20-30 years old now... it's not going to be a perfect match...

look at the Hulk movie that came out... he looked nothing like the original.

Yeah, like a F-22 resembles ME109, it has wings and stuff so it has to be the same

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Way back in the day when we were discussing the similarities and differences of the first and second drone I showed you the connection between Chad and Chad I even supplied the page with the fonts. And mentioned about the drones used in the cartoon series. But everyone thought I was lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join