It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"C2C" Drone part 4, Big Basin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would advise people, if they look at these photos, visit the site and view the images in full.

The first image has quite good detail.

What I am not buying is that all the images show the craft against this same bright white-ish sky.....

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If it is a marketing effort, isn't it limiting it's exposure? Sure, some people on the internet will know about it, but what about the millions of movie goers whose don't get that involved on the internet forums? It is not in other internet advertising sites, banner ads, etc. The sightings are in remote places so lots of people are not seeing it.

Remember the light/figure gizmos found under bridges and other places that caused the big terror/bomb stink awhile back. Maybe flying around wouldn't be classed that same way but would it been seen in a similar light?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ok well, in this latest UFO Casebook there's quite a bit of detail that a normal and simple Google search should turn out some results.

We have two names, Stephen and Jenna L.

Jenna L. seems to be based out of Saratoga, CA not sure about Stephen, but It looks like Jenna L. is a freelance wedding photographer, and this alone means she probably has her own website that should be easy to track down.

I haven't found anything doing a few simple searches for the name Jenna and freelance wedding photography in Saratoga CA.

Saratoga CA is not too far from Big Basin, Big Basin is nearly to the West.

Now you would think a freelance photographer in Saratoga with the name of Jenna would filter down to something easily in google.

I'm not having any luck.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Maybe Skynet sent it back in time to fix a malfunctioning terminator.

Skynet : "Damn it! We said to terminate the governor, not a term as govenor!"
Arnold: "Oops. Malfunction. Does not compute"
Skynet : "Thats it, I'm sendin' in the drones, and a few liquid metal dudes. Where did I put Chads number....."

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Is this is an elaborate hoax perpetrated for a COMMERCIAL venture, like for the movie Transformers, wouldnt this be deemed ILLEGAL in some way, since it would be conducted with full intent BY A US COMPANY to purposefully hoax the people? Or at least deserve some sort of lawsuit by some citizens or groups?

I mean lets say that someone actually believed all these well made images, and actually thought that the aliens were using these ships for nefarious purposes, then commits suicide over the thought. This is akin to a War of the Worlds scenario. Now in the above case, who's liable? I think the persons family would most definitely have a valid multimillion dollar case on their hands and the company would receive MUCH NEGATIVE press, I'd argue to say it would almost incur some turning point in the companys financials and future.

What do your think?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I do not think there would be a case even with a death.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't think so. The technique isn't new.

Viral marketing and viral advertising refer to marketing techniques that use pre-existing social networks to produce increases in brand awareness, through self-replicating viral processes, analogous to the spread of pathological and computer viruses. It can be word-of-mouth delivered or enhanced by the network effects of the Internet.

Source.

Undercover marketing (also known as buzz marketing, stealth marketing, or by its detractors roach baiting) is a subset of guerrilla marketing where consumers do not realize they are being marketed to.

When targeting consumers known to be consistent Internet users, undercover marketers have taken a significant interest in leveraging Internet chat rooms and forums. In these settings, people tend to perceive everyone as peers, the semi-anonymity reduces the risk of being found out, and one marketer can personally influence a large number of people.

Source.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Well, it certainly adds a 'believability' factor. The guy is excited. There's not much time. His adrenaline starts pumping. He tries to remember everything and stay calm to shoot a pic. We're talkng seconds here, and he blurs a shot--easy to understand. However, if one were wanting to fake it....sounds like a ploy, so eh? dunno

Either that or:
The guy is excited, there's not much time. His adrenaline starts pumping, he tries to remember everything and stay calm to do this here. We're talking seconds here... and he left clicks on the blur function on photoshop.. Easy to understand...

I'm still convinced that this is a model (eg.: 3dsmax / maya) rather than real.

But of course, both things could be true

[edit on 8/6/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think these are bogus now that so many clear photos have been taken but no video.

How do all these people have high end cameras but not even a cell phone that can record video?

There is also no 'hot spot' where the sun is reflecting off these things.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by orthisguyoverhere
Maybe Skynet sent it back in time to fix a malfunctioning terminator.

Skynet : "Damn it! We said to terminate the governor, not a term as govenor!"
Arnold: "Oops. Malfunction. Does not compute"
Skynet : "Thats it, I'm sendin' in the drones, and a few liquid metal dudes. Where did I put Chads number....."

I think its purpose is to fly about over the treetops of Northen California. And mutilate cattle.

Please don't tell Linda; she'll start worrying again.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
He claims that it came out of nowhere and only stuck around for a few seconds so if this is true I would imagine that nobody else did see it.
The viral marketing idea makes no since to me as an explanation because there is nothing about it that looks remotely associated with Transformers, and its only some pictures on the internet. It isn't like this thing is in TV commercials or making cameos in movie previews.
Something that it kinda reminds me of are crop circles. When crop circles first started appearing they were simple designs but got more complicated and complex over time. I believe someone should try contacting the guy who says he took these latest photos and see if he will join ATS and tell us about it.

Originally posted by roadgravel
If it is a marketing effort, isn't it limiting it's exposure? Sure, some people on the internet will know about it, but what about the millions of movie goers whose don't get that involved on the internet forums? It is not in other internet advertising sites, banner ads, etc. The sightings are in remote places so lots of people are not seeing it.

Remember the light/figure gizmos found under bridges and other places that caused the big terror/bomb stink awhile back. Maybe flying around wouldn't be classed that same way but would it been seen in a similar light?

I completely agree with these two, I don't think its a viral campaign. That just would not make any since.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Im going with the Transformers opinion.Or very good GCI.
These photos may be early draughts as they lack the detail as the others.
They dont look capable of flight and the writing seems a red herring.
It even looks likes the sort of writing a transformwer would use,i can imagine the parts moving and turning into a jetski or something.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A few nice fonts here that may be close but who knows. UFO's don't need writing any more than they need lights.

www.1001fonts.com...

mikell

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Let's Add to the Story...

Let's assume, however farfetched you might think it is, that these are legitimate, honest to goodness photos. If you do that, then you may be closer to disproving them than you would be by saying what the photos are not, by claiming them to be false without proof.

In otherwords, add to the story, see if it holds water rather than try to blow it out of the water.

First, let me give a theory: if this is a craft of unknown origins a) how does it fly? Magnetic? Ion propulsion? Second, why would it come back to the same place repeatedly? Is there something there that it needs? Does the wooded area and vegetation recharge it somehow? Does the craft need some sort of life force to keep operating?

As for the writing, has it ever occurred to anyone on here that as people here on earth, we're being monitored? And if we are, then it might be of interest for another group of entities to send a craft that has a serial number or some sort of identifying marker on it? For them? As for the similarities in language, remember that our language is born out of our ability (or lack thereof) to communicate with each other. Why would symbols have to be so horribly foreign or science fiction looking to look right on a space craft? Why couldn't a race of people or beings have developed in similar ways to us with symbology and language that eventually resembles our own?

I have read a lot of posts on these pictures, and yes, they look almost unbelievable. But when you are already at the unbelievable, sometimes the closest route to the truth is to believe...until you are proven wrong.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by newtron25]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The Transformers movie are already at it with Viral Marketing with the following below

xbmanx.com...

Myspace, Transformers The Movie & Bad Viral Marketing

Myspace is always trying to figure out a way to make a buck. Lately they have been selling sponsorships of the photo area of user profiles. The first company to take advantage of this sponsorship was the movie 300. They did a promotion that gave users 300 pictures for their portfolio sponsored by the movie 300. Not really viral marketing but not horrible. The new company taking that position is Transformers The Movie. The sponsorship banner says "Transformers The Movie, Transform your Photos"Here is a screenshot:

This is obviously supposed to be some sort of a viral marketing campaign where you transform your picturesand then send them around the internet and in the process promote the Transformers movie. Unfortunately for the life of me I couldnt even figure out how to transform my picture. The screen toldme to choose a side. I didnt know what it meant. I then clicked around and I left. This is a poorly constructedviral marketing campaign. Good viral marketing typically has 2 main things in common. Its simple to use and so catchy you want to send it to your friends. This campaign has neither of those 2 objectives. I don’t believe this is an effective campaign nor do I think it will suceed in what its trying to accomplish. My advice to the team working on this campaign is to hire the folks who worked on the Dance Sister Dance campaign.

Someone, whether it be the Movie Company or a VERY avid fan have decided to transform their own photos into this craft that is evolving with the run up to the release date of the movie. I reckon in the last few days prior to the release of the movie you will be looking at a photo of a robot with arms and legs etc. They can't "Evolve"the craft too quickly as it would simply give the game away if they added limbs to what we are seeing so far.

October

[edit on 8/6/07 by October]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Would ya think Chad or whoever would have a video camera by now?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
People who live in the city think everyone needs to have all the gadgets, all the latest. Urban living involves foisting technology on the people who live there, weighing down their lives with largely unnecessary hardware that they believe everyone else should have.

If the guy lives out in the middle of nowhere, isn't it just as possible that he has a) a desktop older than 4 years old with a dialup connection and b) a simple digital camera?

Just as likely as to have a camera phone by now or an advanced digital camera with all the fixins.

Count backwards and tell me how many years ago it was that digital cameras started offering the capacity for video....how about video phones?

And while you're at it, check the statistics as to how many people own video phones and where those people live.

Don't tell me that it doesn't matter. People who live in cities get the high tech first. Just an observation.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
What I found strange about these pictures and the UFO by itself is
ofcourse the shape of the vessel. Most pictures, actually 99% which I have seen are or disc shaped, cigar shaped or spherical.

There's this video of a UFO over paris, which ofcourse is CGI,
but this is the only other UFO with an odd shape I know of (which comes close anyway)...

Could they be somehow related. The creator I mean, that is.
Both are very sharp well done video's/pictures and they both feature
a craft which extends vertically.

Does anyone have any more information about that video that might connect it to the recent pictures? or not?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
Someone, whether it be the Movie Company or a VERY avid fan have decided to transform their own photos into this craft that is evolving with the run up to the release date of the movie.

I could see this as the work of one guy whatever his reason is. Doesn't seem like a good effort for a large company.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The reason that most objects supposed to come from outer space are smooth rounded shapes is simple. Re-entry or entry of the Earth's atmosphere. These things are called 'drones' because they have no obvious crew compartment, but also, if they were real, they would have to A) be transported here aboard another vehicle.
B) have originated on this planet or....
C) have teleported here (in which case why would they also have to fly?

There is no way these objects underwent re-entry. Look at what happened to the shuttle because of a tiny flaw in its heat-shielding. Any protuberances such as those covering all the drones would result in so much turbulence, drag and friction that they would be destroyed.

My own guess is that they originated in a 3d package, and that some young, talented modeller is going to turn up at a job interview with these on his show-reel and demostrate how convincing his modelling is by showing all the web pages generated on the strength of them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join