It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tales of first-hand knowledge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I may be off base, here (pun not intended)

But, to post in this forum that you have been to a base, induced into
secrecy and can't talk about it seems counter-productive.

Either tell us, your dear readers about said base, or keep it to yourself.

I've seen quite a few " It was a secret base" threads, that lead to absolutely zero.

IF you were at this "secret" base, what state is it in ? That's not secret.
Name a state.

IF you were at this "secret" base, what is it's operational function ?
Hell, Groom is a test facility, Los Alamos is a lab. Nothing secret, there.

IF you were at this "secret" base, what clearance did you hold ?
Answers may differ between civvy and active personnel, but clearances
aren't secret.

Many more questions come to mind, but it's late. I need my beauty sleep.

Thanks in advance,
Lex

Edit for grammar errors.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I concur. This is a very good point that Lex brings up, especially when our ultimate goal in this forum should be to uncover secret facilities through the use of USABLE stories, research, and physical evidence. This does not include the common "Don't ask why/how/who/when/where/every-other-necessary-bit-of-info because I can't give it to you" story.

I mean, we are trying to deny ignorance, but we can only do that through the help of all posters following a sort of Required Info Guidelines List when posting personal stories.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Dude, there's no "we" in this. Even if we did follow up with these stories, posters with 340,304,342 ATS points would say "n0ez itz not a base! i noez dis coz im beta than u lolz!"

Even if half of the stories were true, what would you really do to follow it up? Go to the aforementioned site and do your own research, knowing that your life is on the line? No, you'll sit at home and imagine what it must be like, and pretend to be professionals of the whole matter at hand.

I do the imagining part, but you don't see me running around going "Man, always deny ignorance. The government will go down; the government must go down."

So, for a second, stop cheating yourselves into thinking you're the greater good. You guys are just as bad. You're not gonna find the evidence unless you try looking for it.

No. I'm not looking for it on your behalf. Get off your computer chairs and find those bases.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Crashing through the woods looking for the possibility of a metal door in the side of a mountain is not exactly the best way to go about researching and tracking down leads presented on this forum. Due to time, financial, and plain ol' logistical problems, not all of us can run around the globe following someone's possibly fabricated story.

Thus, when there is a certain guideline or procedure to submitting personal stories, we can pick apart each case from a bookwork/internet stage, then to the level of personal contact with individuals listed, and finally move to the physical crashing through the woods stage. However, if we could limit stories to requiring crucial bits of info, we could limit this difficult final stage until we are absolutely sure we have a solid lead. This avoids confusion, anger, and "boy who cried wolf" scenarios.

Directed at All Seeing Guy: I almost took offense to your post as it seemed to be a personal attack on those of us that enjoy ATS as a hobby and a personal interest. You mention how we "sit at home and imagine what it must be like, and pretend to be professionals of the whole matter at hand." This is completely untrue as much personal research can be done from the same seat where I type this message. I can drive to my local library and conduct even more research. AND even better than that, I can make a phone call to someone halfway across the globe and have a chat about a Dulce or Area 51, or a number of any other "secret facility."

How exactly are we "just as bad"? I don't mean for this to turn into a debate on issues, but while Lex started an excellent thread on moving forward with a unified idea based on posting info that we can all use, you seemed to tear it apart to the point where we are back at square one. I apologize if I come off in a bad tone, but I didn't really see a whole lot of contribution from your post except to belittle those that enjoy ATS both as a hobby and as a personal interest.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Furthermore, I feel the need to expand upon Lex's idea with a sample guideline that I have been talking about. For instance, we could put this as an announcement or sticky to use as reference for new posters making threads with personal stories:

"Welcome to ATS... (blah blah blah, usual introduction stuff). If you are here to post a personal story regarding a facility you have heard of or have personally found, please format your story to include these crucial pieces of information to better your post both for the community and for research:

1. Names - Exact names of officers or people involved are not required. However, it is requested that if you post the name of a ranked official that you check with them first to ensure that they do not mind their name being used on ATS. If permission is granted, it would be terrific and would streamline the research process. If not, no worries.

2. Locations - ESSENTIAL! Either in the form of coordinates, addresses, or the like, location details are a key part to any good story that could lead to further research by the community.

3. Dates - Pretty basic, but key to factoring in time-sensitive material. For instance, "I saw multiple cranes, three reptilian guards, and a locked gate." If these are the only bits of info that one can identify an area with, they do not make for a substantial foundation. Those cranes could have moved by now, and those reptilians could have gone on to taking over other aspects of the government. Catch my drift? (This instance was used in humor not representative of my own views, :lol

etc etc etc

So I'm thinking something like this. Any other suggestions? Yay? Nay?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Originally posted by All Seeing Guy

posters with 340,304,342 ATS points would say "n0ez itz not a base! i noez dis coz im beta than u lolz!"

Hmm, someone with 164 points actually said this.

And the actual terminology would have "Becuz I'm L33T Haxx0Rz in it.

Go to the aforementioned site and do your own research

I've been to Rachel, Nev., climbed Tikaboo and viewed groom.
I've been to Gulf Breeze and sky-watched.
Am I a professional ? Hell no. But I count myself lucky to be able to do these things. Most interested in these phenom's aren't. The best they
can do is research at the library, or on the internet.
I say, more power to them ! At least they ARE doing something.

but you don't see me running around

Me either. I'm no longer capable of running.

The government will go down; the government must go down."

Exactly how does this pertain to this post ?

So, for a second, stop cheating yourselves into thinking you're the greater good.

Sir, stop cheating yourself. Open your eyes.
The "greater good" ? Not greater, just more involved than most.

You guys are just as bad. You're not gonna find the evidence unless you try looking for it.

No. I'm not looking for it on your behalf.

Thank you. Never asked you to.

Get off your computer chairs and find those bases.

I try, every chance I get.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Now, to reply to Granoladude.

I agree. Some guidelines should be set forth.

If not by ATS staff, then unwritten that serious people on this site
will agree to regard.

IE : Some person posts that they met a person..well, we've all heard
these non-descript tales. Campfire ghost stories have more detail.

So, using whatever guidelines the serious people decide on using,
we continue looking for posts with more merit.

See what I mean ?

Anyway, I started this thread because I was fed up with posts that
added absolutely nothing to the mix. Nothing that could be looked into.

I appreciate any and all input.

Thanks,
Lex

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Unfortunately we got off to a rocky start with All Seeing Guy's post, and I certainly don't want to see this post turn to nothing or get ignored because of the slight bumps we had to smooth out. Lex has a great idea and I think that could definitely eliminate the bologna that pops up every other day that only pushes back progress.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Actually, yeah, I was somehow trying to belittle everyone's credibility on the subject, guys. I hope this doesn't hurt your feelings. You do it to everyone else. Get over it.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Deleted post. It's pointless to try to explain something like my idea
to someone so closed-minded.

Sorry,
Lex

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Lex, I'll send a U2U with some of my ideas, and hopefully we can discuss and formulate something to pass along to other veteran posters on here.

All Seeing Guy, why exactly do you feel the need to crash this party?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Actually, I'd like it discussed in the open.

Hiding behind U2U's will only draw more negative coments.

Again, thank you for your support, and any ideas you have.

Lex

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

Deleted post. It's pointless to try to explain something like my idea
to someone so closed-minded.

Sorry,
Lex

Hey, no secrets are closed with an open mind.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by granoladude
All Seeing Guy, why exactly do you feel the need to crash this party?

I see your intent as good. I see Lexion's intent to be good. It's not a matter of crashing parties, though. I'm just extremely sickened by a lot of posts made on every topic on this message board. It all leads to false hope, lies, and open minded sceptcs.

I just believe that many people don't know what they're standing for. I also wonder why they're standing up for something they'll never know. They're standing up for something they've learnt froma source that, for all we know, could be fake.

No one here is "above top secret". No one here is "denying ignorance". They are supplying ignorance, applying arrogance, and most of all, thinking they are the best beings of this planet. We're never gonna know anything that is kept secret in this world. People will get abducted by UFOs, people will get pictures of bases, however, we will never be inside these bases. We will never have a cup of coffee with an alien.

I don't know, maybe we can blame the governments. No. Wait, let's not. I find it all too easy to blame the government. A government that's not even my own, in fact.

I don't even know my mission. If I even have one. Do you guys have missions? Objectives? Will you delve deep into these bases you find? If you're so eager and keen to find this stuff, guys, why not just go in there if anything looks really suspicious. Whether or not you get killed by government agents working with greys, or getting killed by members of the draco species, then you'll die knowing the truth. You mightn't get it out there, but who cares, at least you would know.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I understand if some of my things contradict each other. Just question my credibility as a human if you want. I apologise if I'm not as good as any of you.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm no better than anyone else on these boards.

That being said, back to the OP.

My intent was to bring to light postings of stories with no basic details,
and provide some ideas that such stories may need, to assist in any
research.

Again, I may be way off base. (pun still intended)

If so, I aplogise for wasting bandwidth.

Denying Ignorance,
Lex

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well someone has to start so here is a picture I took of an "other facility"

Date: Oct 6, 2006

Nobody said I could and no one said I couldn't.... someone will identify this from the clues then I might just go and take a few more pix of the place...

I haven't gone inside, but I could if I wanted to, though I'm not sure that I do considering the contents, but several of my friends have...

I'd prefer this hosted local, hopefully a moderator will fix my link with an ATS embedded image...

Here are 2 better links:

www.marketmaker.net...

closeup....that's not hair on top
www.marketmaker.net...

[edit on 6/9/0707 by elite122]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Elite,
Your image isn't working.

Lex

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I edited the post and tested it....

but here it is again

Here are 2 better links:

www.marketmaker.net...

closeup....that's not hair on top
www.marketmaker.net...

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Looks like a facility being built in Iraq.

What do you think is being done, or is going on there ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join