It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Due to member demand, the 9/11 forum is now under close staff scrutiny.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I patiently and respectfully listened to both sides of the 9/11 argument and I have to say that there is more evidence backing it up as an inside job then not. Besides, wasn't there a woman calling the US out for treason for this among other things? Jane something or other I forget. If there wasn't enough evidence to prove it, then the attempt wouldn't even be made right?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thank You man I'm tired of people just posting

" NO # U, U DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! GET SOME BRAINS"

and that's all. it just makes me mad how they tend to attack YOU and just ignore the topic. Thanks, and i can tell that u r on top of things too. some one left a bad comment on my thread last night and it was gone in a matter of hours. and the comment was left at night too. nice to see how u guys are on top of things here.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Vinveezy]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance, but could one of you kind people please explain to me what a "shill" and a "troll" is?
Being new to these types of forums I havent a bloody clue lol.

Thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

a shill is someone who helps a grifter (conman) by supporting the conman's story.
a troll is someone who tries to evoke an emotional response and bring out the worst in people.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by T Trubballshoota

The Irish carried their hate a lot longer. The French hated the Germans because of WWII for a long time, but now they seem to have forgotten. The Bangladeshis forgave the Pakistanis when they realized the the USA was behind them, they always were a fatalistic bunch. We don't give up because we know our government is a bunch of murderers and it's not going to go away because it's only going to get worse. They are a rotten bunch or murdering lying thieves and they are going to make our lives hell if we let them. This is the truth, you want to keep your heads in the sand and say, oh it doesn't really matter because we can discredit you or you can't prove anything because all the witnesses die. But time will tell, when these Nazis are given their own way they will go to the farthest extreme,.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Mod Note: Posts intended to inflame, are the very definition of trolling. Please refrain.

[edit on 10/24/2009 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
this is groovy. really groovy. quite frankly, If ATS can delete 'illicit substance' threads, because of a few bad seeds and a perspective of it being a 'niche' subject, then I would at least expect them to be as vigilant enforcing the other board requirements.

-B.M

P.S) can we do the same thing here with shamanistic illicit substances, strict moderation, ONE thread, and maybe a petition sent to all ATSers to prove whether it really is a 'niche' subject or not? because we're denying ourselves so much information pertaining to alternate spiritual views, just to avoid the 'stoners', so to speak. Just a thought....

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Regardless of what the topic is, there should be decorum, respect and truth. And IMHO, I could careless if your a new member or an "long standing" member, we all should be playing an even field. From viewing this site for the past couple years and just recently joining, you really didn't need to add that disclaimer in. It is so very clear there are favorites here. Alas, what can we do, it's just the nature of the beast.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Be careful......the Mods or Mr. Bill might zap you with their Ban Ray Guns. Oh crap, they might zap me

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hellfrozeover

hell no they cannot.

I've been warned before, had points docked & threads removed,

I'm well aware of the T&C (now anyway
) and didn't write anything constituting a violation, or use any words I haven't seen the mods use themselves.

Also it was a proposal directed at the mods themselves, as in, why can't we do this? couldn't this be a solution to the "T&C/illicit substances" issue?

....all the same tho

-B.M

[edit on 16/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hey ATS mods,

I think you guys are doing a fine job. Other boards should emulate your methods of moderation in my opinion.

Whenever I think of 9-11, it reminds me of the smell the of decaying fish. I do not buy the official story. Not at all. I don't claim to know exactly how it was done, but something stinks.

Having said that, I don't feel unfairly treated by ATS in the least. In fact I'm pretty impressed with this board. Moderating is a tough job and I think it's done well here.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Oops, I first read the title of the thread as "Due to Obama demand".

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
1. People who use bad language should be banned for good. They do nothing to further the debate , and only prove their ignorance by resulting to petty insults and disrespect. Showing their incapability to discus an extremely sensitive and deeply controvertial subject.

2. The rule that obliges members to post at least 20 messages before being able to post a new thread only adds to the quantity of time wasting speculative comments.

3. Members who have joined this forum, have done so because they are interested in the truth of so called conspiracy theories, the truth of subjects ignored by the popular media.

4. THE TRUTH should be the most important underlying theme of all the posts on this forum. Speculation and the repetition of what one has heard or seen in a so called documentary should be censored by the poster himself ( or herself ).

5. I know that web sites make money from advertising, but that should NOT be the concern of a site such as this, considering that so many people have died as a result of what happened on the 11 sep 01 ( not only the attacks themsleves but also of the resulting war in Iraq ).

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As a poster on various forums, it is great to see such a well maintained board.

And no it is not censorship, as far as I am concerned, it is allowing people to voice opinions and ideas as they wish, but within a framework of decency and cordiality.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com

Any inappropriate comments, insults, topic derailment, or trolling will result in immediate posting ban or account termination.

Are you guys really cracking down on trolls?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
[edit on 6-3-2010 by impressme]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
edited out by me

[edit on 14-3-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Wow. The No Planers got the entire 911 forums under probation. Talk about an effective Diversionary Disinfo Operation! I'm voting this one "Way Above Disinfo"

Yup, this sure smells disinfo and these frauds don't want the truth exposed. I am still a firm believer that somehow the Israelis were behind this fiasco.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I appreciate you intervention to help the thread on topic, but I do think that censorship is a slippery slope. I hope you don't impose this often. That said, I haven't seen this flag before, so I'm sure you stay aware on this. There is a level of sincerity and seriousness in the OP's post that deserves a lot of respect in approaching his post and for that I again want to thank you. You and the other moderators do a good job in keeping this from turning into a GLP F&#k you fest!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why do people complain about 9/11 threads and the people who make them as "lies someone is trying to ram down my throat", "dipsy-doodle". "lunatics", "ignorant" that are "never even deserving of serious thought".
"We've heard every whacko theory", "deliberate disinformation" "give it up" "there is NO proof" (my favorite!).

Nobody is forcing you to read these threads nor to respond to them. The curious among us DO NOT NEED SAVING. from any idea, no matter how far-fetched it may sound to some.

If you can't address the topic and be civil about it, find another sandbox to play in.
I think this was a good move on the part of ATS staff.
Thank you for stepping in to keep dialogue open.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join