It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Due to member demand, the 9/11 forum is now under close staff scrutiny.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by T Trubballshoota
Fact is after all this time, if there were really a case to answer and evidence to support it, there would be a lot of sleepless nights for the administration. Put up or shut up I think is what people say.

[...]

Close the whole forum it won't change my life..its as crap today as it will be tomorrow

That would be a counter productive attitude to have on a site such as this one. You come here to learn through discussion, not to preach.

There is plenty of scope for discussion on all things related to 9/11. We shouldn't allow the topic to turn into dogma.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Topic should not. But is it really worth having its own forum? It is like honey to a bee to the lunatic fringe, and even more obviously, 9/11 agenda players. The subject is huge and the draw of a free stage to perform probably to sell some CD's is deplorable and unpatriotic.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well Fowl Play, I have to disagree with you. I like that 9/11 is off to itself. People may dig into 9/11 or not. Surely you see the logic of cryptozoology being seperate from ufology or paranormal investigation.

To place 9/11 topics under General Comspiracy would muddy the waters a bit having a thermite/ate thread beside something like Hiltonitis as a valid get out of jail medical ailment or hollow earth thread.

The Yellow Alert Status that the 9/11 area has is nothing like the Upside down ATS logo Full Red Alert War on Unkindness from a while back. I think this is a natural reaction to what is being identified as a blitz of agenda from a small group. ATS is taking it as a viral assult and dealing with it without just locking deleting and banning. Many boards out there do that sort of thing.

In the end it is nothing more than a clearly drawn line in the sand as to what is and what is not to be allowed to continue. People can play by rules, openly complain or even take their ball and go home. I am fairly confident that many members have logged complaints and personally I like this action far better than the suggestion of turn control of a button over to the members that will mark a topic (Fact?) or (Fiction?) or whatever that topic finally resulted into becoming.

It is my strong belief releasing that moderator power to the members, even by majority vote, will cause a far bigger schism than what this whole TV Fakery behavior has. Now get out there and win one for the Gipper.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
One of the main reason I bowed out of the 9/11 area was due to the name calling, and unwillingness for both sides to see each others point of view.

I do understand the area and topic is a passionate topic, but their is a point where people should not cross the line. Especially with disinfo to piss the other people off

There are members that contribute excellent information, well researched, and logical information, but some members refuse to respect their input, thus making logical argumentation null.

I am very glad this action has taken place.

Thanks,

RT

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fowl Play
But is it really worth having its own forum?

This forum has nearly 3000 threads and over 80000 posts. The 9/11 forum is relatively new. Before this topic was mainly posted in the War on Terrorism forum.
This forum exists because members demanded it.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's good that one topic is limited to one thread. We don't need multiple threads about the same thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

There are members that contribute excellent information, well researched, and logical information, but some members refuse to respect their input, thus making logical argumentation null.
I agree with Realtruth"s statement 100%.There are ALOT of very intelligent folks that post on the 9/11 forum,and its sad to have someone come along and insult them for something they worked so hard to research on.I think close moderation of the 9/11 site is a great idea.Another thing,if we all put our minds together instead of bickering over what we believe,we could get alot of questions answered as to what happened on 9/11 and why.Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com

And before we hear potential complaints of an uneven approach to moderation, YES, long-standing members will indeed be favored over the new participants who have shown no respect.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
The staff of AboveTopSecret.com

I especially love that bit. Thanks for clearing up the clutter that was accumulating. I appreciate it. And yes, I am a Shill!

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thank you administrators! I had noticed a lot of drive-by posting as of late. I don't post much here, but I have been visiting several times a day for over one year and this kind of action was definitely needed. Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If you can hear me, I'm just clapping and cheering. THANK YOU! I'm tired of the 9/11 threads.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I got overly excited when I first read the title I thought the forum was going to be closed.

Now I re-read the title and am saddened.

But err this is better than nothing I think its a good idea.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The tv fakery guys never really had a fight anyway ..
they said " no planes " then came up with the nose cone in , nose cone out " thing and from there on , you knew they only wanted to fight .

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disaray
The tv fakery guys never really had a fight anyway ..
they said " no planes " then came up with the nose cone in , nose cone out " thing and from there on , you knew they only wanted to fight .

I havent really delved into the tv fakery videos much yet myself, but from the limited amount that I have seen, the Nose-in Nose-out refers to FAKE GRAPHICS work on part of the perpetrators, not a real plane. But alas, this is not place to be discussing that thread or others in detail, only to be discussing the thread scrutiny itself, keeping on point.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
EVERYONE has the right to post or start a thread on whatever they like on this site. There are SO MANY more POLITE, EDUCATED, RESEARCHED, ON TOPIC, ECT. posts and threads on this site than any site I have ever been to.

The only problem I have is that posts with the SAME specific topic should stay in one topic unless something new comes up that anyone can start a new thread on, case in point when I ran across the "Mini Nuke" theory on the WTC's it was HUGE. But the discussion was to the point and many member participated.

I have read this site for along time and just got involved with discussions because of the crises we are in right not. I love to read John Lears stuff just to see what he has to say, doesnt mean I believe in it, just that it leads me to THINK. This goes for the Disinfo section, the Weapons section, I could go on and on.

Keep on Keeping On, because everyone has a voice which needs to be respected and heard, but SPAM IS SPAM.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Great news

I've been in the 9/11 threads only a few times and decided I wouldn't go back. But now I might take another look in there. I myself remember 9/11 as a terriorist act of war that killed thousands of innocent people that were out there doing the things we do everyday. Going to work and trying their best to make enough money to send their kids to college or to buy their own house etc.. That's just my opinion. I'll remember 9/11 and the people who died that day as a reminder that these terriorist want to kill us no matter what it takes, even if it cost them their own lives. I'll remember the footage that was on the news that whole week and not all this extra BS, tv fakery, and lies. Again I thank you for the change in the way you're handling this matter. I'm tired of the bullies who laugh at you just because you don't believe in their conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Good work - I, like others, bowed out of the 911 forum because it became to ridiculous, no matter what you posted, you were accused of being on one "side" or the other, not someone simply trying rationally to understand what happened, and figure out exactly who was responsible.

I don't know who was responsible, but I'd like to be able to discuss the evidence, without having to defend a point of view not necessarily mine. I'm happy when people point out something I might have missed, as long as it's actually *true*.

I know one of the mentioned perpetrators actually started a thread a while back talking about a video that he thought was faked because after the plane impacts, you could no longer hear sirens on the track.. I brought in a friend with a degree in music and sound tech, as well as experience in the field, to talk about what actually happened with the microphone, but the very valid points he made were simply dismissed by the original poster - where I'd be pretty happy for someone with more knowledge than me to be able to explain an anomaly in a way that made sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Could you please do the same thing with the Aliens and UFO forums, seriously, it's getting bad everywhere here.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am glad to see the ATS crew taking some action in this matter. this forum is about discussion and open minded conversation and should remain that way. I am all for freedom of speech, but when certain individuals post multiple threads on the same topic and insist it is their way or the highway, I feel that crosses the line.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
it seems the entire noosphere is being subjected to this. the majority of people believe something, so the majority of money presses harder to quell dissent.

rude people were simply warned, and then banned, before. and now, the whole class has to stay after school cause two or three guys were throwing spitballs.

the flurry of requests by members to shut down the most popular (i'm guessing) forum smacks of a pogrom.

'they' are getting worried, and are intensifying their efforts.

by 'they' i don't mean the passionate, dedicated citizens who spend every waking hour putting 9/11 under the microscope. i mean the massive intelligence network dedicated to obfuscating the truth of 911(whatever that truth may be).

heating things up stymies discussion. although discussion is slow and tedious when you 'know' you're 'right', it is still the best way to sort wheat from chaff.

i would be rude, too, about say, "faster than freefall", if i didn't know something about the way information works in a mass environment.

small is the new big. truthseekers should learn that.

patience is still a virtue.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by billybob]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The namecalling aint the problem. What some call "making everyone play nice", I call censorship. If someone can't take the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen. The real problem is disinfo and probably deliberate disinfo at that, as the mods implicitly recognize.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join