Due to member demand, the 9/11 forum is now under close staff scrutiny.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+75 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Important 9/11 Forum Policy Update: December 12, 2007

See the following thread for additional information:
Dealing with 9/11 Madness (argumentum ad hominem veritas)
The original policy alert below also still applies.

Any inappropriate comments, insults, topic derailment, or trolling will result in immediate posting ban or account termination.

We've received an overwhelming number of member complaints since the topic of "TV Fakery" splashed on the ATS scene a few days ago. Most of the member complaints are dealing with the trollish nature of the new member(s) promoting these theories, and a handful of supporting characters.

When participating with the members of AboveTopSecret.com, there are certain standards of conduct and cooperation that are not simply expected, they are demanded.

We seem to be among several sites targeted by a recently formed "9/11 Research" group who espouses a particularly provocative theory of "no planes at the WTC" and "TV Fakery."What we (staff and memebrs) have noticed about this group is that their individuals engage in what they hope is an IMPENETRABLE approach in debating. They appear to have have no REAL interest in defending or discussing their theories. Instead they use provocative ideas and inflammatory language ("shills" for example) to bait people into extended debates filled with intentionally frustrating diversions, insults and accusation. Their activity in ATS threads prove they are disinterested in fact, reason, logic, or evidence while attempting to portray themselves as passionately convinced of their own highly questionable positions.

While we have a long standing tradition of supporting passionate debate of nearly any topic, we insist that all participates do so with respect and decorum. Spamming our forum with multiple topics and ignoring well-presented questions demonstrates no intent to show respect. And calling ATS members who disagree with their position "shills" lacks the required decorum.

From this point forward, ONE TV FAKERY THREAD WILL REMAIN OPEN.
This one: SEPTEMBER CLUES exposes 911 TV Fakery
The opening posts of all "TV Fakery" threads will be modified to direct users to this thread. And likewise, this remaining open thread's first post will contain links to important questions raised by our members.

For now, new "TV Fakery" or "No Planes" threads based on the work of this group will be deleted. Please use the existing thread indicated above to add any new material to the discussion. Repeated attempts to start new threads may result in account termination. If we see an improvement in tone, and an effort for collaboration, this restriction will likely be lifted. It's up to them.

It's unfortunate that what seems to be aa habitually malicious group has seen fit to act this way over events that deserve thoughtful debate, open research, and most of all collaborative participation. We've added additional staff to the 9/11 forum, and we'll be watching closely. Members, please help us by using the new "post alert" button when you see issues you believe we should be aware of.

And before we hear potential complaints of an uneven approach to moderation, YES, long-standing members will indeed be favored over the new participants who have shown no respect.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
The staff of AboveTopSecret.com

UPDATE: Topic Activists On ATS

[edit on 12-12-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wow. The No Planers got the entire 911 forums under probation. Talk about an effective Diversionary Disinfo Operation! I'm voting this one "Way Above Disinfo"

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear this. This forum NEEDS close scrutiny. It's been getting pretty bad with the name calling, and so many new threads on the same thing being opened at once.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just noticed this on the thread (bottom of the thread) then noticed in my U2U about the scrutiny of a thread. I think its a good thing, important topics and controversial ones will now be scrutinized more closely

Since the other threads are being closed (not deleted hopefully), shouldnt the pertinent evidence (within these closed threads) be copy/pasted into the one remaining thread? Perhaps within the original posting, links can be created to the pertinent videos, animated gifs, links, pdfs etc that were supportive of the OP's claims?

I am NOT in support EITHER way of any of the "TV Fakery" posts.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by greatlakes]

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Never, never there is a problem on ATS with members who defend official "truth". They are always the good guys. Somehow, it is always the people who make a real effort to present the other (REAL) side of the story that are not welcome any more.

This looks more like a .gov site with a sole purpose to make any alternative way of thinking (NORMAL WAY OF THINKING) look bad, ugly and completely wrong.

ATS is not different from CNN, only it has slightly different purpose.

Brave moderators are defending official truth...once again.

link   
WOW, I have never actually seen Abovetopsecret.com announcement like this. I agree that something has to be done about the amount of bickering going on in the threads and people need to get back onto the subject at hand and act as adults.

link   
I for one applaud your actions.. Do we all really want to be tarred with the theories these guys are making? Denying Ignorance is the fantastic undercurrent of the whole of ATS, these "No Planers" with an agenda is not healthy debate, it is deliberate Misinformation.
I vote for the 9/11 forum to be pulled and for the threads to be discussed in general conspiracy. 6 Years we have been going through it all with a fine toothcomb.. It is because of lack of more ground to cover that more of these outlandish claims pop up every day, by having the seperate forum we open ourselves up to infiltration by dodgy groups of truthers on the lunatic fringe or disinformationists, either way, i believe it is time it sat back down and became a General Conspiracy, as in essence it is anyway???

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Are those people you cited real people's names or just user names? Jim Fetzer isn't troll posting is he

[edit on 7/6/07 by subz]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
well I think this is a good idea, I am open to all ideas and theory's, but I agree we have had a lot of TV Fakery threads that just repeat them selves.

Hat Tip to the Staff

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Jim Fetzer isn't troll posting is he

He appears to be an active participant of the group creating these divisive theories. Some are active on 9/11 boards under various names, some are not.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Good to see it as long as we are still free to express how we feel in a civilized way.

Lets get civilized, people.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just a question about the TV Fakery, I noticed there are a lot of members that derail the discussion on the other side as well. Instead than debating about the issue they derail it constantly without even considering the evidences (by their own admission). ATS its yours so you might as well forbid those kind of theories on the 911 forum. But why someone is allowed to blame another member without even looking at the evidence? It sounds to me this is a one way warning and I do not feel its fair in any way.
Again why don't you split the forum and make a section for absurde 911 conspiracy where ppl can post what they feel like are real issue to be dealt with. If you feel that some of the posts are "absurd" move them to the "absurd" forum. I would gladly have a real debate about those issues than having to read post after post of ppl saying that if you believe those conspiracy stories you are an idiot or you need professional help.
You should warn ppl that derail the thread right away either way.
What is a good question by the way? that the nose cone its actually air? Or is it a column? Or bad digital compression all the time? How do you answer constantly to those attacks? PPL need as well in the other side to provide proofs, real evidence like nice high resolution videos otherwise our "theory" (reality) is as good as others.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
He appears to be an active participant of the group creating these divisive theories. Some are active on 9/11 boards under various names, some are not.

What can I say? I'm blown away

It's completely unacceptable behaviour.

Makes one look at Steve Jones in a completely different light.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Good to see it as long as we are still free to express how we feel in a civilized way.

Lets get civilized, people.

THAT is exactly the point DG. This forum has gotten out of hand. As a staff member I applaude this move. It's gotten to be a nightmare trying to keep decorum in this forum.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
LOL this is so off topic but funny....

Abovetopsecret.com as a user is one of my Foes, it has, I believe 5 Foes, and one of them a now banned member (you can figure it out) honest to God thought that it was a conspiracy because he never Foed Abovetopsecret.com and thought that the 5 Foes on the list where potential "targets" that the site would soon ban (Ironically this member was banned little less then a month later lol...) ahh.. good times.

Anyways, umm.. well I don't do much in this forum, but it sounds like a few bad apples spoiled it for all.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Great idea!! Some of the threads have become ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just because of freedom of speech does that mean we have to have lies rammed down our throats by people with agendas? To overlook deliberate misinfo is not denying ignorance. Is it not also against ATS's T&C? Posting false information is not acceptable here.
Gross misconduct of T&C is a banning in all Forums, just because it is a delicate subject doesnt mean we should let people manipulate threads in this manner.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Fowl Play]

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
... This looks more like a .gov site with a sole purpose to make any alternative way of thinking (NORMAL WAY OF THINKING) look bad, ugly and completely wrong.

ATS is not different from CNN, only it has slightly different purpose.

Brave moderators are defending official truth...once again.

What the hell are you talking about? If you hate it here so much, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Your post is extremely insulting.

Want to discuss holocaust denial with all the other little neo-nazis? Go to this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Want to discuss the "no planes it was all holograms and project blue beam theory"? Try an ATS search. There's plenty of threads.

Want to discuss how ATS itself is a cointelpro operation? There's even a thread for that, more than one in fact.

ATS has never silenced any topic for discussion and your post is extremely insulting.

Just because we won't succumb to board gangs or let the lunatics run the asylum does not make us the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Abovetopsecret.com as a user is one of my Foes, it has, I believe 5 Foes, and one of them a now banned member (you can figure it out) honest to God thought that it was a conspiracy because he never Foed Abovetopsecret.com and thought that the 5 Foes on the list where potential "targets" that the site would soon ban (Ironically this member was banned little less then a month later lol...) ahh.. good times.

Yeah I have ABOVETOPSECRET.com Foed also, I thought it was funny! The foes on the list are people that HAVE abovetopsecret.com as a FOE and not the other way around, abovetopsecret.com does not have a foes on their list.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think close the whole 911 fairy tale that should stop it

I believe the whole 911 thing has gone as far as it can and that is why any dipsy doodle, loony tune idea is making its way through.

People that have any interest in the truth pro or con are not likely to change their mind now imho so why bother with the debate? For the sake of argument or just to call people "sheeple"?

From my viewpoint why pick on one point of view? I see the whole 911 Cult as one of incredulous disinformation. Fact is after all this time, if there were really a case to answer and evidence to support it, there would be a lot of sleepless nights for the administration. Put up or shut up I think is what people say.

If the administration killed all those people then the execution or disappearance of some students and some weird old men would be no problem.

Close the whole forum it won't change my life..its as crap today as it will be tomorrow

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join