It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Defenders of the Constitution are terrorists" FBI pamphlet says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Think about this. FBI, and other law enforcement agencies do seem to have a "collective mind" as well. Obviously, not all who have seen the flyer, or heard about the flyer agree to it, as you have provided counter proof of it not being approved.

But if just one agent, just one, made the effort and took the risk of proposing such flawed methods, then, he must have felt he had some type support, in some way, by someone, most likely other fellow agents or agent. Which makes one think about the state of mind, "collective mind" that is, of the agency.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You could say the same thing about any organization, it seems. Why are there cases of nurses who kill infants? Why are there sexual predators employed as school teachers? Why are there traitors in the CIA? Etc., etc.

I don't think it reflects on the FBI as an organization.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Perception is a form of analysis. That many people perceive the wording of this flier as representative of a trend in our society, I think, is a perfectly valid form of evidence that such a trend exists.

So what does this flier say about this trend? How pervasive is it, and does it pose a threat to the civil liberties of United States citizens?

Recently, the central government has been quite aggressive about bringing more facets of the private sphere under the purview of the federal intelligence infrastructure. From Mark Klein's disclosures about NSA data intercepts at AT&T, to the development of intelligence "fusion centers" around the country, the attitudes of the central government are becoming more intrusive in our lives. Local law enforcement is expected to work more like a federal intelligence agency. Communications companies are expected to work more like federal intelligence agencies.

We, citizens, are expected to behave more like extensions of federal intelligence agencies. Don't forget that DARPA gave us the Internet. The Internet serves a military purpose. Beyond our periodic orders to "remain vigilant," our Internet activity is monitored in order to help the federal government build up a large statistical sample of "normal" Internet use, such that "terrorists" on the Internet can be detected by statistical patterns in their Internet use. In a nutshell, the federal government is digging through your electronic trash. We are nodes in a federal neural network being trained to identify deviant behavior. We are beta-testing the government's domestic surveillance system for free. In fact, we pay our Internet service providers for the ability to perform this service for the government.

So what does the wording of this flier say about all this? Maybe it reflects a decrease in the need for human intelligence in light of an increase in automated surveillance; that is, it is less important that human intelligence agents look for specific types of behaviors (because robots do that quite well), and the pamphlet amounts to a general recommendation to "remain vigilant."

Maybe it is important that neither official agents nor citizens know exactly what the automated systems are designed to detect. If the designers of the automated surveillance systems had us all looking for something specific, it might bias the statistical patterns that our internet usage generate. Contradictory instructions are better than no instructions because it gives the appearance that humans are in control.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Not saying I'll be voting for a Dem either because they are just as bad. We are not going to give them a wakeup call until everyone votes independant and tells these slime balls that we aren't going to take it anymore.

Precisely...With the Big Corps "sponsoring" both parties (so that, whoever wins the Office, the Corps win too; Well, hey? What do you think the Corps are doing with all of those "lobbyists" in Washington anyway?), the only Public vote that makes any sense anymore is "No Confidence."

Originally posted by cpdaman
there is a world wide credit/debt bubble leveraged from debt (thanks to low intest rates) globally central banks have been raising rates (shrinking money supply)

This is due to the Unconstitutional creation of the Federal Reserve Bank. It's not Federal; The Constitution demands that the coining & determination of value for our money is under the control of Congress, but the Fed Res is a cartel of international privately owned & operated banking firms. It does not "Reserve" anything possessing inherent value; Fort Knox is the main repository & the Fed Res would be breaking Federal Law if it did any real "reserving." It is not a Bank, at least, not in the "singular" sense...As it is actually a cartel of multiple banks (BTW, most of them are foreign banks as well).
There have already been quite a few threads that go into this topic more heavily...If this, that and the other threads aren't enough, you could also check out here. If even this isn't enough, run a Search through ATS...These are just the links I happen to have handy.

Originally posted by jsobecky
Are you saying that just because they read it, they are now condemned to believing it for the rest of their lives?

In other word, people cannot make up their own minds? They cannot determine what to believe or not to believe?

Well, believe it or not, there's a lot of people who don't want to make up their own minds. They take everything they see at face value & don't bother to mentally analyze it...Mass media has gone quite a ways towards reducing the average person's attention span. Sad, but true...

[edit on 9-6-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
That is odd I guess im a terrorist to I put up my right hand and swore to uphold the constitution and protect it agenst all enemy's foreign and domestic i should let all my friends know that we are all terrorists and we should turn our selfs in to the FBI lol this is crazy i wonder who came up with the pamphlet and who ever it was needs to get caned big time.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
First of all, that was a good, well-written response, America Jones.
A "solid" contribution, if you will.

Originally posted by America Jones
Perception is a form of analysis. That many people perceive the wording of this flier as representative of a trend in our society, I think, is a perfectly valid form of evidence that such a trend exists.

You can't use the audience here at ATS as an example, since they are more paranoid than the average person. But, according to keepandbeararms, some copies of this brochure did find their way into the hands of the public, and the reaction was swift and strong. That was one of the reasons that it never made it as an official training brochure.

So what does this flier say about this trend? How pervasive is it, and does it pose a threat to the civil liberties of United States citizens?

< snip > examples removed

So what does the wording of this flier say about all this? Maybe it reflects a decrease in the need for human intelligence in light of an increase in automated surveillance; that is, it is less important that human intelligence agents look for specific types of behaviors (because robots do that quite well), and the pamphlet amounts to a general recommendation to "remain vigilant."

All of the examples you gave above were designed to assist in gathering information to help fight terrorism. They supplement the human intelligence used by domestic law enforcement; they do not replace it.

On the foreign intelligence side, we are in dire need of a better human element in gathering intelligence, since their capabilities were pretty much gutted by the Clinton administration. No partisanship meant here; I'm only stating facts.

Robots can collect data quite efficiently. But it takes a set of human eyes to analyze that which is not black and white.

Maybe it is important that neither official agents nor citizens know exactly what the automated systems are designed to detect. If the designers of the automated surveillance systems had us all looking for something specific, it might bias the statistical patterns that our internet usage generate. Contradictory instructions are better than no instructions because it gives the appearance that humans are in control.

I disagree. Too much opportunity for abuse, if that approach is taken. But it is an interesting concept, nonetheless.

Edit:

By the way, welcome to ATS!

[edit on 9-6-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow, this is shocking that they even printed this, I guess I fall in the terrorist catagory. Even if its not being used the law enforcement has seen the pamphlet and is going to remember some things on there. I am shocked but not surprised. Crazy...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris

Originally posted by deltaboy
Wow you pretty much blew it out of proportion to what they define what terrorists are. They concentrate on the ones circled red and ignore the rest.

Did the article explained exactly what the FBI meant about for example "Christian terrorists"? Or "Environmentalists"?

Yeah, these references are simply to groups such as ELF(environmental), ALF(extremist animal rights), and KKK(Christian extreme right) for examples. This was for simple categorization in my opinion and nothing else. I think you've over analyzed this pamphlet.

The red circled groups are the people like me who have already been 'identified' as a terrorist. We are the people who have been persecuted for decades because we believed in free speech, we wanted to protect animals from the cruelty of laboratory experiments, we wanted to have the same rights as our male counterparts. We are the people who have bumper stickers stating "Love your county, Fear your government".
I am now speaking out for the millions of humans that are suffering as result of human experiments and torture performed by the government. I am speaking out for other targets who have been lumped into the category of terrorist. We as humans are outraged when hear or read that someone deliberately hurts and tortures a pet, but what happens when we talk about the torture of a human being who is living right next door to you. Most people refuse to believe that this is really happening and DO NOTHING. Evey individual in the free world fits into the categories listed on this pamphlet and every person in the free world has the potential to become a target of covert war. If we as humans continue to close our eyes to what is happening to the millions of people who have become human guinea pigs and have become targets of convenience in order to practice covert war techniques, and do not speak out for them, you will find that YOU might be the next target of this covert war. This covert war on citizens of the world has a direct alliance to the implementation of NEW WORLD ORDER.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey, just thought I'd let you know that welfarestate.com is no more. I received the newsletter last night and followed all the links, which worked fine. Then I went back this morning to grab a copy of the picture in reference to another news story for a post on MySpace. When I clicked on the link, I got the wonderful message that Internet Explorer could not find the website. I even went straight to www.welfarestate.com but to no avail. Draw whatever conclusions you want to, just passing on the information.

~Alastor

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Everyone must understand right now...that they are slowly conditioning the minds of the police to accept these things, under the GUISE of fighting terrorism. There is no terror threat, some muslim a thousand miles away is not a threat to you. Period.

I understand though, that everyone sense a great danger in the world. People sense it, they do, everyone does on a subconscious level. People know that there is evil around them, they just cant really identify exactly what it is.

The government, so loving and caring, tell you the threat out there is from Islamic Extremists, and they will protect you, just submit to them, dont question them, wave your flag, slap on the bumper sticker, and send your sons and daughters to die in a needless war, and youll be patriotic.

However, they are the ones carrying out the attacks, in case you havent figured it out my god, 911 was a sabotage from within, all the proof supports it, but we wont get into it.

They are the ones waging a war on the middle class, in collusion with the corporate and financial systems, because they are all controlled by the Elite anyways, and the plan is for a one world fascist government, and the push for the NAU is right in line with the agenda.

Im here to tell you right now, that the evil you sense around you, is coming from your own establishment. They are the evil ones working against you, to put you in fear and to make sure you are subserviant to them. Worse, they will work to lower your living standards, take away your rights, install draconian laws that are only there to impose and dictate not for security.

You must understand, that when politicians and such say the word "security", what the really mean is "control." So to make sure that "National Control" is kept in place, they have to have oppressing laws, they have to have fear mongering in the propaganda media, they have to shut up people who expose this, and label the Truth as Lies, and reality as theories.

Its Orwells double speak. For those who cant see yet that we are under an Orwellian double speak type system, I mean my god how obvious it is, we will never wake those people up.

It only took 3% of the population to win the American Revolution, 3% of dedicated patriots won their freedom, if not only for a short time. It wont take much for us to win this new rEvolution. And WE WILL WIN. Know it.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
"Its people like me and anyone who speaks out against the corruption, we will be the first ones to go. And dont think they wont do it to you, if you dont go along. Dont think youll be safe with this NWO, because the people who serve this system, they are the ones who get sucked off the most."

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. I seem to be like you as well, being vocal about the existing corruption, except I will not be the first one to go, I'll be one of the survivors.
Debbie

[edit on 10-6-2007 by iamcanadian2]

[edit on 10-6-2007 by iamcanadian2]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
But, according to keepandbeararms, some copies of this brochure did find their way into the hands of the public, and the reaction was swift and strong. That was one of the reasons that it never made it as an official training brochure.

My question is: how do we know that there aren't more of these brochures that haven't made it to the public? And how do we know they aren't 'worse" than these ones?

On the foreign intelligence side, we are in dire need of a better human element in gathering intelligence, since their capabilities were pretty much gutted by the Clinton administration. No partisanship meant here; I'm only stating facts.

That's why I don't understand all the Bush bashing on the 9/11 threads. Clinton's hands are permanently stained red from the blood also IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join