It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favorite pizza?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
mmm-mmm PIZZA.

I like either Jets pizza, deep dish with pepperoni and mushrooms.

Or, my homemade kind.
No sauce.
Dough, layer of ham, lots of cheese, pepperoni, thinky sliced onions, mushrooms, sliced poblano pepper and fresh basil, if available.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Mine is Hawaiian with big chunks of real ham, fresh pineapple and gobs of extra cheese.Washed down with a beer,thanks.

Mmm that is one of my favorites too. It is definitely best when it is made with fresh ingredients.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Shrimp & bacon
From Gondola Pizza

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Quickie favorite: Purchased ready-to-cook Greek style pizza with a cornmeal crust, with feta cheese, spinach, a few olives and veggies, topped with mozarella.

Homemade vegan favorite: Starting with a cornmeal crust, I add a thin layer of pesto sauce (to avoid a soggy crust), then add a variety of vegetables (current favorites are sliced fennel, onion, (both of those are blanched first), small chunks of artichoke heart, and pimento strips). (Blanching involves 1-2 minutes of immersing slices of each type of raw vegetable in boiling water, until it has softened.) Top with fresh basil leaves, which BTW are easy to grow at home, and seal with more pesto sauce on top. Bake for approx. 20 minutes.

I favor cornmeal pizza crusts, since my food intolerance to wheat leaves me with headaches after eating too many wheat products, such as the standard wheat flour pizza crust. Prepared cornmeal crusts are easier to find than spelt flour crusts (a cousin of wheat).

Best pizza I ever ate? It was served at a dockside pizza stand near the Staten Island Ferry in New York City. Wowsers, that was good.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Prociutto, spinach, garlic, sliced tomato, olive oil, and anchovies.

Peace

[edit on 9-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
garlic chicken pizza with fresh basil is the absolute best.

If I can't have that then Hawaiian, with mushrooms and black olives

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
wait, aren't we forgeting the pepperoni pizza hot pockets? mmmmm... I'm eating one right now.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Prawn and Crabstick sea food pizza made by moi

I also love McCanes Micro Pizzas, cooked to a crisp mmmm

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
fav pizza

has to be a hot & spicy pizza with olives AND anchovies.

i love those salty buggers.

and i would like to know who invented pineapple on a pizza? they need to be hung from the nearest tree, whats next - apple or orange?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Pineapple on pizza........YESSSSS!
I think other fruits would not be a good choice, but somehow pineapple is an exception.

In fact, one of our new favs is Hawaiian: light sauce, cheese, pineapple tidbits, bacon and ham.
The sweet and saltiness is a good combination

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Pineapple on pizza........YESSSSS!
I think other fruits would not be a good choice, but somehow pineapple is an exception.

In fact, one of our new favs is Hawaiian: light sauce, cheese, pineapple tidbits, bacon and ham.
The sweet and saltiness is a good combination

lol, if we shared a pizza i can see it now.
i'd be flicking off all the pineapple in your direction, you would be flicking off the anchovies in mine.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Looks like you 2 were made for each other... I think I should be quiet now, before I get punched... LOL

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by galm 1
wait, aren't we forgeting the pepperoni pizza hot pockets? mmmmm... I'm eating one right now.

Hot pockets are in insult to pizzas LOL

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
babercue chicken with red onions. Especially if the sauce on the pizza is BBQ. It's bliss...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here's some good ones I made myself. Last Winter was Pizza Season.
I learned to make thin and crispy, thin and chewy, and Chicago Deep Dish doughs. It's a science, and I had a blast doing it.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
Here's some good ones I made myself. Last Winter was Pizza Season.
I learned to make thin and crispy, thin and chewy, and Chicago Deep Dish doughs. It's a science, and I had a blast doing it.

Well what are you waiting for?

Start posting the recipes!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Right now its the Pineapple Chicken Luau from Mountain Mike's. It's the best.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Well what are you waiting for?

Start posting the recipes!

The theories about proofing dough, measuring ingredients, etc., can all be found here, at your favorite little neighborhood pizza making website. Look through the cracker style, American style, and deep dish forums.

I bow to the expertise of those posting there. Beware, I made two or three different types of pizza for eight straight weekends this winter.

I got, how do you say? Oh yeah, kind of fat.

PizzaMaking.com

Here's a pic of a couple of what are called ponzarottas here outside Milwaukee. A deep fried calzone as it were. The ingredients of about a 10" pizza are all nice and melty inside those babies. These big boys I made are a tad better than Hot Pockets. Something similar is famous in NJ if I'm not mistaken. They'll make you fat, too.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'd have to say Vito's make a mean Chicken BBQ pizza.

Chicken, Bacon, Onion, Pineapple, bbq sauce on thin garlic crust.
Very yummy

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

I'm afraid you're right.
It's not so much the tast of anchovies, but the little, itty-bitty bones that get in my way.

I'd like SuprDupr's pizza, sans bbq sauce.
But, I think sauce should be a minor component of a good pizza.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join