It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Caught Red-Handed Shipping Arms to Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
blogs.abcnews.com...

NATO officials say they have caught Iran red-handed, shipping heavy arms, C4 explosives and advanced roadside bombs to the Taliban for use against NATO forces, in what the officials say is a dramatic escalation of Iran's proxy war against the United States and Great Britain.

Looks like NATO and not the US has caught Iran red-handed...of course many on ATS will claim that NATO is Bush's lapdog.....

[edit on 7-6-2007 by ferretman2]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So now Iran is fighting a proxy war with the US in two locations across the mid-east. The massive battleground of Iraq, and now Afghanistine. They also give major support to Hamas in Palestine, and Hezbollah in Lebanon. Iran's actions in the region are acts of war, and they run totally counter to US goals and objectives.

I think the US will be at war with Iran before christmas.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I can not believe that a thread like this is so ignored on this site.

What is everyone on vacation?!? Or does a thread like this show exactly what has become of this site, as far as being anti-USA?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
I can not believe that a thread like this is so ignored on this site.

What is everyone on vacation?!? Or does a thread like this show exactly what has become of this site, as far as being anti-USA?

?you dont get the response you desire?
give it a few hours and you will have the arm chair generals calling for strikes on Iran or turning into a glass parking lot

most of us dont post in these topics as it always has one agenda which is from asumptions,

i read your source and there are alot of coulds and ifs

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
bodrul - this happens to be a NATO report and not a US report.....plus this is a news stroy from ABC.........since when has that station ever been favorable?

Actually, thanks for reading and replying to this article.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

bodrul - this happens to be a NATO report and not a US report.....plus this is a news stroy from ABC.........since when has that station ever been favorable?

Actually, thanks for reading and replying to this article.

did i say US or anything? or did i just say the source has alot of If and coulds?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is plausible in my opinion, but as bodrul said, a lot of if's in the article. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it were true, and vice-versa with the US helping out separatist groups in Iran. Once again, can't prove any of this, but it's the way the world of international politics works, and thats a good enough indication for me.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Like America smuggled arms to the Mujahaden to fight an invading force. Like America supply arms to Israeil which are used to kill many innocents.
Like America supplied chemical arms to Iraq...
Shall i carry on. What Iran is doing pales in comparison. And it is just standard policy when engaged in proxy wars, calm down.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Like America smuggled arms to the Mujahaden to fight an invading force. Like America supply arms to Israeil which are used to kill many innocents.
Like America supplied chemical arms to Iraq...
Shall i carry on. What Iran is doing pales in comparison. And it is just standard policy when engaged in proxy wars, calm down.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Peruvianmonk]

Dude, America was basically at war with Iran by proxy at the time, they had held our diplomats hostage for 444 days, we aligned with Iraq at the time and were in it to see to it that Iraq won the war. But you were against the US helping the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan? How many innocents does Hamas and Hezballah kill when they attack Israeli cities, not to mention they both hide rocket launchers and mortar squads among their civilians. They can't lose either way, if they die and civies go with them, they win the propaganda battle, if their launchers get taken out among civilians, they win the proaganda battle. They know how to get the sympathy of folks like yourself, and they'll use people like yourself to help them fight their propaganda war. Just like the Soviets had their "useful fools" as they called them, who belonged to the anti-establishment movements, they use you and you take the bait hook line and sinker every time. If you don't know the term "useful fools", google it.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Since Iran wants a with the US so badly I say give it to them . The coalition should launch an air campaign aimed at the Taliban and Iraqi insurgents supply lines . Iran's nuclear program and military as an effective fighting force could be taken out at the same time. Iraq and Afghanistan borders need top be sealed as the icing on the cake.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Actually, without looking at statistics, the board traffic seems to be slow all over.

Frankly, this news is no surprise to me.

Iran is a major funder of terrorism against the west.

Pretty soon they will be supplying terrorists with nuclear weapons.

Personally, I don't see the US going to war with Iran.

We're running the troops we have into the ground.

If we institute a draft, there will be blood in the streets.

Of course, this is what bin Laden said would happen and it is what the Islamic world is waiting to happen.

[edit on 2007/6/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

a dramatic escalation of Iran's proxy war against the United States and Great Britain.

Iran's proxy war against the US and GB?

That is propaganda.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
More war-pimping nonsense to justify the US seizing control (again) of Iran's oil wealth and staving off the threat to the dollar that the long-awaited oil bourse poses.

It's pathetic that people are so keen to believe the constant lies that form the White House's stock-in-trade.

This ABC article shows that ABC news is little more (as with other US news agencies) than the supine mouthpiece of Administration propaganda:

"It is inconceivable that it is anyone other than the Iranian government that's doing it," said former White House counterterrorism official Richard Clarke, an ABC News consultant.

You may note that there are no actual facts to back up the assertions of US officials. We're supposed to believe everything they say without any actual evidence to support their claims. Again.

Fact: no WMDs were found in Iraq. Fact: Iraqi oil fields are now firmly in the hands of Western oil companies. Fact: the US and UK have troops right on Iran's doorstep and have been conducting threatening military manoevers for months.

Iran poses no threat to the West. But we certainly pose a threat to them, and stories like this simply perpetuate the untruths that "justify" this continued aggression.

Oh, and by the way: please stop whining about the Iranian takeover of the US embassy. The US took over their entire country, installed the Shah and trained his secret police, the SAVAK, who made the KGB look like Girl Scouts. Thousands of people disappeared, and the US embassy was known by the locals as "the nest of spies".

And FYI Mossadegh, the guy who was overthrown, was democratically elected and nationalised the oil fields. The US stands for democracy? Only on those rare, rare occasions when it suits their purposes.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Frankly, this news is no surprise to me.

its no supprise to anyone the US and Iran are using proxies to attack each others intrests

Iran is a major funder of terrorism against the west.

compared to the united states? who has funded far more brutal terrorists to achieve its goals? you really want to go down that path
i mean bin ladin and co (where did they get money and training from)

Pretty soon they will be supplying terrorists with nuclear weapons.

you and your wet dream
if that was the case the iranians would have given biological weapons already to groups it arms, just like the US Iran has limits to what it gives, unless you have hard proof Iran would give such weapon to extremists

Personally, I don't see the US going to war with Iran.

the United states is boged down in Iraq and afganistan
and i doubt the people of the US (majority) would go for this or aprove

We're running the troops we have into the ground.

no arguing there

If we institute a draft, there will be blood in the streets.

In Iraq or the US?

Of course, this is what bin Laden said would happen and it is what the Islamic world is waiting to happen.

Bushs great old friend and the Islamic world?
we have our own world? and you know what all of us desire damn your good

[edit on 8-6-2007 by bodrul]

top topics

join