It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Power and Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Carrying a limited supply of water, gas, generator, batteries and/or propane in the van or truck plus other misc items could be cumbersome. Depletion is our enemy. I came across with this mobile system that offer promises against that depletion, at least for the time being. I wonder how much does it cost.

www.worldwater.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Total overkill for the average bugout. A small wind charger, a single 15-45 watt solar panel, dc powered water pump and 2 6v-deep cycle batteries will meet your electrical needs for pumping water. Ideally, you should use a gravity feed system for water which will free you from expending any type of fuel. If you have to pump water, it should be into a cistern or reservoir and not out of it.

Check out Homepower.com for more info on solar powered water pumping and purification systems.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
thats very cool
I really like that.
I have a friend that has a cabin on a 100 acre wood.
He would love that.
thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Nice, you could convert it into an electrolysis machine for hydrogen generation when not pumping H2O.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hydrogen has very low energy density when compared to methane and is much harder to store in sufficent quantities to be useful. Methane and methanol are much easier to make and store than hydrogen. Excess solar energy can be shunted to a heating element or better yet a larger battery bank or capacitor. Many home systems are now being tied upto the utility grid and selling back excess power to the power companies. Every new roof in US that is suitably sited should have solar cells on them. There are millions of utility/light poles that could have small windcharger mounted on them as well as solar cells. Given the current technologies we have available, the G8 countries could reduce it's carbon emissions by nearly 2/3 in a generation. Here's the real kicker, the conversion process would be a total money maker and create millions of local jobs. As Emperor Palpatine said you'll pay for your lack of vision.

new topics

top topics

join