It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars, Mars, and More Mars! MRO Hirise Website redesigned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The Hirise Camera on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, has it's own website at the University of Arizona.
OK, so most of you Mars Fans already know that. But did you know that this Website has recently undergone a facelift?

I encourage you to visit again here:
MRO HiRise

It's more searchable, more clickable. There are more ways to view the images, including more available plugins to view the JP2 formatted images (the HUGE ones).

They are even categorized by Themes, so if you are looking for craters, or volcanoes, or "faces" (I'm not sure thats actually a category). They've made it easier for you too.

Go to the page, click "Catalog"..So far there are over 1,100 images and counting.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I was hoping with the new MRO we would get some really better shots where you can see the ground with better detail. They seem so far away.

jra

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I was hoping with the new MRO we would get some really better shots where you can see the ground with better detail. They seem so far away.

They're the highest res shots of Mars so far. They're usually about 50cm per pixel resolution. That's really good and a lot better than the MSG. Have you looked at the large .jp2 images at all? Those show a lot more detail then the smaller .jpgs that they have there. And if you don't want to download a 200mb file, you can use their image viewer.

new topics

join