It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Barker takes final bow on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Giving away one more car to an ecstatic contestant, TV host Bob Barker taped his last round of "The Price Is Right" on Wednesday, ending 35 years as host of America's longest-running game show and five decades on network television. Barker, 83, took the stage to a shower of confetti and a standing ovation but quickly got down to business conducting his usual assortment of contests and prize giveaways, culminating in a final "Showcase Showdown." .... He is estimated to have awarded more than $200 million in prizes during his career.

link

Wow, I guess I missed out. When I was younger I always wanted to go on that show. I practally grew up with the "Price is Right." Well I wish him all the best. He did a wonderful job as host. He'll be missed. They say their going to replace him, but I doubt they'll do the job he did as good as him.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I grew up watching Bob Barker too. He had a good personallityfor the show and seemed to really enjoy doing it. I think he'll be missed and your right, it will be immpossible to replace him. Maybe a substitute, but not a replacement.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
He'll sure be missed at my house, we watch him everyday at 11:00 AM.

I heard a rumor that Rosie O'Donnell wants his job.

Rosie O'Donell has set her eyes on hosting The Price is Right and if the departing host Bob Barker has his way she won't get it. A source told Rush & Molloy that Bob Barker "is adamant that Rosie not get the gig."
seriouslyomg.com...

The show will never be the same without him, and I can appreciate the fact that he wants to leave the show while he's still young and can pursue other interests.

I'll be watching his final show on June 15th, and then they will be doing re-runs until the fall.
I don't think CBS is in any hurry to tell us who his replacement will be.:shk:

EDIT: I want to add a couple pictures........

You can sure tell how much make-up he wears for the cameras, and he sure looks a lot older without it.

And here's a few links to everything Bob Barker:

imdb.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.cbs.com...

[edit on 7/6/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Awww, thanks for the pictures AD. They look good.

You know he had the same time slot and station for years. It was the longest running game show. I wonder what he is going to do now.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh your welcome Shar, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Here's a little tidbit for you:

CBS Television decided to choose a new host who is nothing like Bob Barker, whom they think can reach a new, younger demographic. Producers have decided that they need someone who is loud, obnoxious and in-your-face. Since Bobcat Goldthwaite turned them down, the new host will be none other than Gilbert Gottfried.
www.uncoveror.com...

I hope its not true, that guy just gets on my nerves.

top topics

join