It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-fifth of world's surveillance focused on Brits!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
Its only people doing wrong that have to fear the cameras.

I've read this argument many times here and in the similar threads. And then I read something like that.

Prisoners Realease Plan Announced
The Ministry of Justice said it estimated 25,500 prisoners would be released early because of the policy over a year. The total "snapshot" prison population will be reduced by 1,200 as a result, according to a spokeswoman. As of last Friday there were 31,047 prisoners serving sentences of four years or less - but not all will be eligible for early release.

Drug dealers, burglars and fraudsters are among those who will be considered for early release on licence through the scheme. The prison population has rocketed from 61,467 in 1997 to 81,016 on Tuesday, according to Lord Falconer. He told peers he had secured money from the Treasury to build an additional 1,500 places, on top of 8,000 already pledged.

So, UK institutions and private companies spent millions on this Hightec equipement, caught criminals, but they cannot keep them behind bars due to overcrowded prisons.
Interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
So lets look at another point then shall we?
There are more people shot in New York in a week than there is in the entire UK in a year.

I know where I'd rather live.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Righty O..

firstly, MDS .. where was i being abusive exactly??? please point out the part where i abused you???
I put the slang word for fornicate with a capital F and 3 stars so as not to offend, as i am an even tempered and well mannered person. I was intending to put "feck" but anyone who has not seen Father Ted would not get the gist , i think ne4more will get it tho ... i also put an apology for any offence given but you could not of seen that .... I could say you are insulting me by comparing me to Benny Hill and being apathetic. But im not quick to judge.

Why is such a big deal being made here?? Yes we have cameras here and we know they watch 24/7 , I worked with them (did i not mention this)

We are used to them and the inflict nothing on us apart from being seen walking down a street or round a shop. But , does that not happen anywhere?? If i walk in a shop with no cams ( unusual here i know) i would be seen by countless people on the street or in the shop ,walking in and out, its not much different really.. is it ..

regards
git

<< 6  7  8   >>

join