It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you have to eat but all there are is other people..what do you do?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
have still suit

www.thestargates.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

will travel!

[edit on 3-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I would eat another human to keep myself alive if they were already dead. I don't think I could kill another just to feed myself. My future father in law has seen action and he lives with the nightmares of what he had to do every day. I don't want to live that way. So yes to eating the already dead no to killing them for my survival.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There is NO way in hell that I would/could eat another human being, thats just wrong, gross and immoral.
Thats one reason that I wouldnt, the other is that I believe it would have a lasting effect on my conscience, I could never forgive myself.
In fact, Ive read and seen stories of some situations where someone would cross that line and it affected them for the rest of their shortened life, shortened because eventually the shame or whatever affected them to the point that they could no longer lie with themselves and would commit suicide.

I couldnt have been an explorer that traveled on ships back in the days because they had something called "the code of the sea" or something similar to that.
That meant that if the crew was starving then they would draw straws to see who gets killed and eaten

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A teacher asked a question . put in a situation as 1 male 1 female only people left on earth and 1 thick steak what would you do. My lab partner said she would share the steak with me, I said I would kill her eat the steak and turn her into Jerky so I could survive longer.
She did not like my reply.LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
to all of those that say that they would refuse to eat another person if need be...I say thank you for dinner because that is exactly what you would be. Life may be sacred but if your dead your just another piece of meat. I have my doubts about 80% of the nay sayers. Push comes to shove and more of you will eat the flesh of another person than you realize.
I swore I would never eat a lot of things but then I spent 10 days in the mountains in december w/o food...I ate anything I could get my hands on to include garbage in a small village we came across to rodents we caught. The need/drive to survive takes over and you do what it takes to live. I had the luxury at that time to quit and go home but my pride wouldn't allow me to quit. I lost over 20lbs in that week...I was ready to eat someone then
I wouldnt have a problem w/ it...jus ad a lil'bit o pat-ricka and som oynYON and whoooo-weee

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kaferwerks

Eating a dead person's flesh would be somewhat different from killing the person, then consuming their flesh. As many have said, once you're dead your just another carcass. That spark that made you who you were is no longer present.

When I first starting killing and butchering my own livestock, I had a hard time reconciling my family's need to eat versus the animal's desire to live. I still won't kill an animal for the joy of killing, If I kill it, I intend to eat it. I can't imagine the moral dilemnas I'd endure were I to kill another person for food.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I agree with you there and I also agree about killing things just for the sport of it. I still am an avid hunter though I dont eat many of the things I kill...my family does. I dont like the taste of deer meat because I was forced to eat it as a child...but I will if need be. I have helped my family slaughter pigs in the fall and It does take some time to get use to it. Hard though when you are a kid and have played with the animals since they were little. As far as killing someone jus to eat them...My children would have to be very hungry and in this state of mind right now I dont think I could do it but that all could change if the situation would arise...It is amazing how we can adapt and accept things in different situations that we could never believe possible. I hope no one ever has to find out if they are capable of it

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have to ask:

What is the point in surviving if we are all in a situation such that there is no "food" left on this earth other than other people?

If we find ourselves in such a situation, its highly unlikely that life, society and civilization could return to normal again. Isnt it better just to die and be done with it, rather than butcher other people and stay alive for...absolutely nothing?

Give me death over living hell any day.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm not a religious person, but I consider myself to be a moral person, and morals are based on the 10 commandments. No where does it say "Thou shalt not eat my brother (or sister) in a survival situation"!

I would never kill someone, except in self defense or the defense of my family, but if I had to under these circumstances (or someone had died by other means), and if I (or my family) would starve otherwise, then that person is fair game for man-pie IMO!

Of course this would be a last resort, and only done under the most dire circumstances. You are effectively going back to nature, and nature has it's own set of rules, one of which is "eat or be eaten". In 90% of situations however, I'm confident that I could find/catch some kind of food!

BTW - LOL @ apc's comment

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am reminded of the Donner party. The group of California bound settlers who in the 1840's got trapped in a winters storm for so long they had to resort to canibilism just to survive.

When it comes down to it, I would do whatever it takes to survive. I would not enjoy eating a human, but if caniblism is what it takes to stay alive I would do it.

EDIT TO ADD:there is one thing I would not do. I would NOT kill anyone for food. I would be afraid that everyone would turn on each other and start killing hoping that they would be the only one left so they could have all the meat for themselves. I would wait for them to die on there own and share with the remaining survivors.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Why do you have to kill the person when you can start by eating your self?
Well even if it comes to that i don't think modern city man is going to do such a thing, it's better to use two minds to figure a way out.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nailer
A teacher asked a question . put in a situation as 1 male 1 female only people left on earth and 1 thick steak what would you do. My lab partner said she would share the steak with me, I said I would kill her eat the steak and turn her into Jerky so I could survive longer.
She did not like my reply.LOL

A lot of people might have missed your post but I didn't.

You are one sick puppy and you are my hero.

One day I hope to be as brave as you. Your humble servant ColdWater.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Why do you have to kill the person when you can start by eating your self?

One of the first rules of survival is that suffering a wound, even a small non-fatal wound like a small cut on your finger can be fatal, and should be avoided at all costs.

If a wound becomes infected and turns septic, you've basically had it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
"...i'd eat a human and i would kill them to eat them if i was in that senerio. simle as that. i need to live."

Interesting. You must be a very self-centered person with far too much id. If you are serious, I'd suggest counceling. By the way are your initials GWB ?

Memento mori "remember you must die"

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I would just kill myself and let the others eat me. The problem is that even after everyone has been eaten there still is no other food. Might as well just face reality straight away.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Has anyone seen people drowning with their loved ones near by, be it a wife, kids, girlfriend whatever?

The person drowning will grab onto the loved one near by and put them under just so they can keep there head above water.

This is why when they teach you about life saving at swimming lessons you should approach the person legs first in case you need to kick them away because they will surely drown you.

I know drowning isn't the same as starvation but if peoples survival instincts kick in and they drown loved ones just to get a few more breaths of air, people starving will surely kill strangers to eat.

Although many people may state that they would rather starve than eat another human, parts of their brain may disagree especially the part that has most to do with your primitive survival techniques.

The reptilian complex of your brain doesn't care about morals and ethics all it cares about is survival. When the rest of your brain shuts down the R-complex is the last to go.

As a result when your almost starved to death and all that is left in brain functioning is the R-complex it may decide to eat whatever food is near by against your better judgment.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by blahdiblah]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I would just say I'm going for help and disappear. I'd find me a safe place to die on my own. If I had kids then they would come with me to die together. Would there be hapiness in knowing that you ate a human just to survive? I wouldn't want to find out, so I'd just go off and die alone.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
People have been starving in Africa for years. At least that's what they tell us on the TV. Do they eat each other?

They don't get to that point where they starve to death. Usually they die of preventable diseases that the body would cope with if it wasn't for the fact that they are starved and dehydrated.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join