It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you have to eat but all there are is other people..what do you do?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
well, well.

Let's tackle the heart of the moral issue first.

Do you eat any red meat? any animal? That isn't very humane, now is it?

You know, cows are smart and revered in some cultures, pigs are pets to some people, also smart. Cats and dogs are delicacy, as well as live birds not out of the shell yet.

Where do you draw the line of ok, tasty, and sick? Working in a processing plant, cutting up cow, I saw that the meat isn't much different at all, and they could have been sending me human slabs of meat, and I would have been none the wiser.

If you are a omnivore/carnivore, then, I don't really see the argument in not eating human flesh (for survival at least) ... since flesh is flesh. I would have argued prior to working in that plant, but no longer. I also don't touch flesh of any kind personally, including fish (I own a large fish, that would be like you eating your pet or a distant relative of it at least).

I am sure I could find something else, but I would defend myself and kill someone who was trying to kill me, and wouldn't restrict those around me from eating away at that person's corpse.

The only type of eating of flesh I do, doesn't consist of harsh mastication nor swallowing of solid substances

Here is another question for you all that WOULD eat the other person ...

Would you eat yourself?

I mean, if your leg/arm was already lost and laying there ... would you cook your own flesh and eat it (or raw)?

If you were alone, would you consider removing a body part to survive a bit longer?

Just seeing how far this can be taken

There is a difference, between eating meat and canibalism. many animals are carnivours but they arn't neccesarily canibals. In matter of fact canibalism is relativly rare in th animal kingdom. it's one thing to eat another animal it is totally different to canibalize someone.

[edit on 15/2/08 by The_Smokeing_Gun]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I guess there were some advantages to being poor, i have gone days without food and for 3 weeks i lived on a sleeve of saltines a day. Even now I only eat one meal a day.

If it came done to me killing someone in the group for food, i wouldn't, to me the cost of surviving would be to much. So if I am in your group and we are starving. Feel free to go ahead, serve up a little Noah soup and Noah fingers with barbecue sauce as an appitizer. I guess a little Noah wellington could be the main course.

Bon appite.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
See, everyone wants to kick Christians around until we get to a subject like this...then us Christians have a one-up on you flesh-eating zombies.

Not me - not me, not me for my children, not me for my grandchildren. I die on faith because I know what's on the other side. And I don't want to show up needing to ask for a toothpick to pull the flesh of my fellow child of God out of my teeth when I get there.

You guys live - I'll go on over and whittle you up a bunch of toothpicks. You can bite me and live longer - and I sincerely mean that, in every sense of the way.

[edit on 2-15-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
How are your thighs, Vall?

OMG, i just couldnt help it. Just having fun!!

Pardon me for my indiscretions and God forgive my sense of humor.

I couldnt eat anyone. Never.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I knew that would rile someone ... not to be instigating though, just this whole subject is a touchy one.

There are plenty of cannibalistic creatures. They eat their young, eat other pack members. The animal world isn't pretty at times. There are even carnivorous plants

All I am saying is, from the experiences in my life, and the ones I hear of ... almost all animals have a noticeable intelligence, have feelings, and have good and bad sides and can be normal or psycho. Denial is your friend, not mine amigos/as. You live where you wish on the food chain, I am not here to change your mind. If people haven't had pets and noticed it, they never will.

I thought the best thing was how tore up a rough and solid meat eater like Gordon Ramsey was when he watched his beloved pigs get slaughtered. He finally understood vegans/vegetarians (though he isn't one still
).

Just don't get shocked if one day a big bad alien finds us and thinks hmm, a lower life form that looks tasty ... for it is supported by the whole justification of meat consumption that people use today. Hopefully they can clone the meat and not have to kill and torture us, like dropping us into boiling water alive, like lobsters ... at least do it humanely. Oh NO ... maybe that is the NWO population reduction!

Really though, enjoy your cow, pig, and bird. I would marry an omnivore, it is not like I have some hate for others personal choices ... I have consumed my share when I was naive and didn't have the imagery from that # job in my head when I look at meat. *shudders

I still don't think most people would be able to tell the difference between human and a different red meat source ... like Fried Green Tomatoes
or Cartman's chili 'I just made you eat your parents'

Still, who would eat themselves? That is much more intriguing, since a lot of people would eat the cadaver or even murder for it when it comes to survival.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I would definetly eat another human, I heard that it was good.
Seriously. Would eat whatever necessary to survive. End of story.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The way i see it, if I'm hungry enough and my body will digest you that means you're food. At a time like that if you want to live there's no time to be moral or squimish.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wow. what a surprise to read how many people would consider eating the flesh of another!

Seems to confirm my thoughts regarding astral energies and human existance!

Either way, I would not eat the flesh of another.

It is against my beliefs.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think if you consider going to these extremes, you're no longer human.

So the people from that soccer team that survived the plane crash in the Andes Mountains and survived by eating the dead are no longer human?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
How are your thighs, Vall?

OMG, i just couldnt help it. Just having fun!!

Pardon me for my indiscretions and God forgive my sense of humor.

I couldnt eat anyone. Never.

No no no...you don't get to be picky. If you all are going to resort to man-eating zombies you get whatever us good Christian donors give you.

I'm 43 years old and sinewy...chew on that!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I've always been fond of the breast and thigh.

But if were to keep me alive I would indeed eat another human. Meat is meat.....

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would starve, rather die than eat another human being. Especially if i had to kill them, just plain wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
First off, I can kill or grow what I need to survive.
I can also get rapidly to a place you can't reach on 1 tank of gas.
Unless the "stuff" hit the fan instantly, I could get all my family to that place.
Any neighbors would have to show up on horseback, and I know most of them already---and they are a self sufficient bunch.

I won't have anything my closest neighbors don't have, and some skills they will want.

apc

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Lacking refrigeration eating the dead is inadvisable. Therefore I will not kill my meal. I will however render them unconscious to silence their screams.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Very practical solution. Not sure if long pork goes off quicker than any other kind of meat. Though i suppose if you make it into jerky right away that might help.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
There are things in this world far worse than death.

Living with yourself after having eaten another human being is undoubtedly one of them.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

I'm in the middle of the Pacific and there's no food? What about fish? Surely the oceans is not devoid of life in your scenario.. As for water, suck it out of the spines of the fish or collect it from the cavities inside their bodies.

There was a family back in the 70's that was stranded at sea in a raft for over a month. They survived off the fish they caught using improvised fish hooks, and drinking each others urine.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If im at the point where I need to eat another human or die, I think Id rather die than risk having to eat human as my last meal.

What if you just finished eating your girlfriend or mom, and then a food box falls from the sky or something? how would you feel? lol

besides, I think you could eat a few chunks of your own arm to get to where you need to go to find more food. You are what you eat afterall.

but me personally, I would never eat another human, for any reason, dead or alive. like someone said before, I have faith in the other side.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well we shed alot of dead skin over the course of a day, and random hair, broken fingernails. surely there's a renewable food resource there without having to kill someone else. yum, boiled hair.
add a few drops of your own blood to water, and you have an..... interesting protein drink. find a medium sized rock, turn it over. stuff under there. after rain, check muddy areas for worms. they come up from water soaked ground during rainstorms. paper and dirt are edible. all kids know that.
so are pencil erasers (lol don't think there's any nutrition in it though).

no, not gonna eat another person when i can eat reneweable me stuff. ewww, gross, but better than solyent green.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
To answer the question.. If I had exhausted all other possible food sources (bugs, plants, animals, my own blood, shoe leather,etc.) and the person was already dead (but not by my hand), then "yes" I'd eat them. I wouldn't eat anyone I knew for sure, nor would I kill some hapless stranger for food.

Humans are like polar bears being that they're ridden with bacteria and disease, so they don't make for a very nutritious meal. You'd have to cooked them extremely well-done just to improve the odds of not contracting something.

The best eating ones would be the stronger, faster individuals, but then again they'd probably be looking at you as their dinner as well.

[edit on 3/3/08 by LLoyd45]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join