It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you have to eat but all there are is other people..what do you do?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

Originally posted by Boondock78
if you feel that way about tony, then you would probably feel that way about me...totally cool though.

thanks to all you for talking about this stuff with me.

Wait, are you saying that you have a kinship of sorts with a paranoid, twisted, sociopathic, narcissistic killer?

I already figured you for being outside the norm but not in that company.

Please tell me that you are not like him.

i'm saying i can very much relate to the character of tony soprano's outlook on the world and reguard for people in general...
i don't too much care about people but i like babies and animals...
just relate to certain emotions of a character is all.....

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I dont care for Tony Soprano period. This is not a real person but a character in a television program. It is acting not real life.

Very seldom will I use a movie or television program to illustrate a real life principle.

It is the same with this American Idol drivel. As if this too were life itself.

I prefer the living example of someone like Scott O'Grady shot down over Yugoslavia in a F 16 jet. Or the folks who survived the Japanese prisioner of war camps in WW2.

Stories of people who survived natural and man made calamitys.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
I dont care for Tony Soprano period. This is not a real person but a character in a television program. It is acting not real life.

Very seldom will I use a movie or television program to illustrate a real life principle.

well, i didn't being it up.....i made a fast point then we asked a question...
i will answer all i said

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

I think it's a perfect illustration of my point. If you want cold hard reality I can give you that too as I had the pleasure of being exposed to a person exactly like this for almost 6 years.

I don't think you are talking about the same thing as I was trying to give example of a psychological profile.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf
That's an excellent point. However I believe that your 'moral baromter' as you so elequently put it is at least partially based on your upbringing and surroundings.

While what you say is true, I just want to clear up the point that I never said it was my moral barometer. What I described was regarding the average joe.

By the way, sorry I missed your post before now. I try to read everything so I don't say something out of uninformed context but sometimes posts slip by.

Boondock,

I do at the very least respect your honesty throughout.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sorry, I didn't mean you as an individual, I meant it kind of like the 'royal you', as in all of us.

Thanks for the honesty though.

BTW I liked the ref to Maslows' Hierarchy of Needs (the part about the self-actualised individual). Took me right back to my nursing days!

[edit on 13-6-2007 by PaddyInf]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i appreciate the thanks for my honesty..my opinions are not always the norm and are more often than not, not...i don't lie though. if i am asked or have an opinion, i say it...
why hide my feelings...?
they are what they are.
i have little reguard for people but that don't mean i want them to be killed ot to kill them...i just mean, in general, they annoy me. i would rather be alone than with others. on the grand scale, for example, i am very into social issues like gay rights(i am for) but as you break it down to the individual, i start to care less about it.
for example, i think tim and john should be able to marry. i will debate it lon line and vote for it but i will lose no sleep over it if they can not...i simply do not care enough about them.
see what i mean?
i guess you could call me callous....don't know if that is the right word...i love my wife and son unconditionally and would do anything for them. other than that though, people can pretty much go blow for all i care....when i say that i simply mean i want to be left alone....
i want to live my life, as happy as i can be with my physical and mental pain and other people get in the way of that.
that is th ebest way i can compar emy feelings when compared to soprano...seems like 'normal' people care about things i simply do not care about.
my brother in laws wedding is coming up. i will not be there. i just don't care enough to go.
i don't go to funerals(which are for the living anyway)...
just things like this....

sorry for getting off track...i just want you to kind of know where i am coming from....i am just me.

at the same time though, while i would not risk my life to save a person, if someone was in danger and i could save them without being possibly killed myself, i would...i have

a few years ago i was at a gathering(one of my last) and some kids were in the pool and one of the peoples kids was about 4 on a raft and he went in the water...of course, nobody saw it cause they were too busy gossiping and drinking beer. i dove in and kinda landed on the raft and went in. i grabbed the kid as i was on the raft(pool was shallow) and pulled him up..the way i was laying, my lever arm was all the way extended and i was having a hard time.....i started yelling and someone came over.....

i don't just stand around and watch people suffer but at the same time, i really don't want to be around other people. i think people are a liability and have no need for them in my life. besides my wife and parents/child/inlaes/doctors, ALL of my contact/conversations is on the net. thats how i intend to keep it.

thanks again for talking about an uncomfy thing guys and gals

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Boondock 78,

LOL LOL I too am pretty callous as compared to what most people think is normal. I dont give two hoots for what most people think is normal. As far as I am concerned what I think and value , is to me, not what is normal to most.

Most of what is normal today is merely convenience..not normalicy. This world can change overnight and most people would expect to plod on as if they were entitled to the best off the buffet line...by other peoples labors and efforts. Look carefully at many of the posts on this thread when looking through this type of prizm. IT becomes obvioius.

As to gay marriage..in the spirit of what people think is normal...I am not for it. I think the whole gay movement is a exercise in stupidity.

No one in thier right minds defines themselves by their sexuality. YOu have to be educated in stupidity to get this naturally dumb. Ordinary people are not this stupid.

People define themselves by thier lineage, their occupations, or some great work they have done and left to posterity. Never thier sexuality. I mean this gay or straight. IT is just as disgusting when straight people do this.

I am not saying that people dont have sexuality..I am not saying this at all. I am saying that people are so much more than sexuality. Much much more.

Hence to use sexuality as a defining point in ones life... is a exercise in institutional stupidity. One is declaring thier ignorance in this.

The squirrels which I feed corn in my back yard obviously have sexuality...so do the birds I feed from my feeder. It is not a intelligent or sophisticated point by which to boast or declare ones self. It is a very base point.

People who boast of this nonsense to me are obviously themselves callous since they have little regard for those of us who can think outside the blocks of what is attempting to pass for normal. This includes college professors and people of letters. Politicians etc ets et al. They are all naked here ..the king has no clothes once you know the secret.

Understand the point??

I pay for and live on this piece of land here. No wildlife need apply for entrance. Call it callous if you want ..your buisness not mine. Mine is what happens on this plot of land. Outside of this piece of land when encountering wildlife..I will seperate from it. If it chooses to intrude on my space...well...I think you get the picture.

I dont belive in the dogma...IM ok... Your ok. That is nonsense to me considering the variety of nonsense passing for intelligence out here.

My nightmare dream is to be stuck on some island with about 400 survivors who all believe in "Im ok your ok." but have no skills at any kind of survival..only thier consumption rates.

Thanks for your honesty,
Orangetom

[edit on 13-6-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm a little suprised from what I've read, that many of the ATS members are very constricted by society. To be honest, I thought the people here would be more open minded and lateral thinking.

I just see thoughtlessly adopted morals. Some people are saying that they wouldn't even eat a dead body to survive... Uh, well, I suppose since our society has been able to coddle you so well you can think like that. Think about it morally, and I mean think, don't just parrot your engrained morals... In the eating a dead person scenario, you have the power to choose whether one human dies or two humans die. I would say that the immoral action would be to resign both of you to death. If you can be happy about the idea that you won't go to hell when you die, then so be it. I'll bet you're one of the people who complains about hunting for fun, and insist on the carcases being used, as at least then it makes the death for a purpose.

No better than animals? Hell, we ARE animals, the only thing that makes us special is our dominance. We do everything animals do, and we kill to survive. Nature may have programmed us not to eat each other for the benefit of our species, but nature also engrained such a strong survival instinct that we will do whatever is within our power to survive... You know, survival of the fittest? The thing that developed us to where we are....

I, like most others, would do almost anything to survive. If this had to involve beckoning someone to my injured body and smashing a rock into their head, so be it. It's not pretty, and it's something I'm sure would haunt me in later life, however, then the one with the strongest will to live lives... Which in a way is how it should be. As for how easy it is to kill people (mentioned earlier), I'm sure it's easier than hunting a deer, all you need to do is act friendly suprise them.

I think it's a pretty poor show how people have been laying into boondock, simply because he admits something that is un-christian, that you yourself would probably do if that situation arose for you anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
So you would kill a nice person who has done you no harm just to survive?
And you would kill a little kid then eat them just so your asz would make it. Thats kinda cowardly isnt it?
If the person was dead already thats different imo.

I'll step back a second to try and understand where your coming from...
Ok, it didn't really work for me, lol.

Would I eat a human to survive?
ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
Man's FIRST basic instinct is survival.. we've been eating everything we see, since we were first placed on this Earth, so why, during a survival moment, should it be any different, simply because were USED to eating processed foods, and junk?

I'd kill any given person, man/woman/child/infant/animal/insect and eat it, should it mean I'll live another day.. and bottom line, so would the majority of people out there.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i appreciate the thanks for my honesty..my opinions are not always the norm and are more often than not, not...i don't lie though. if i am asked or have an opinion, i say it...
why hide my feelings...?
they ....100,000 words later...

If it makes you feel any better about this, I'll eat you first, and make it quick when your taken out.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Committing a crime to feed myself......No problem.
Eating a fellow human who has died.....No problem

Murdering someone so I can eat.........Thanks I'll pass

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't eat a human being. I rather die.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
as long as there's water around you really don't need to eat much. i would need to really explore other sources of food - woodland creatures, fish, dirt, nuts, berries, etc. before contemplating cannibalism. if it came to that extreme then it's likely that you would deplete your supply if people and die yourself before you were found.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'd fly to Alabama and feast on all the obese people!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
As long as I have bullets, some spices and can make a fire I'm eating anything that doesn't move fast enough to get away from me..... critter or human.

As Farmer Vincent used to say, "meats meat and mans gotta eat".

-Euclid

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would try to survive on animals and grubs & Insects first. Then after that ran out I'd have to go people hunting I guess. I'm a survivor and I would do what I had to do. I would have a tough time feeding my kid human though.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't think I could eat someone I have done survival training and even through all the hunger I can't imgaine. I it got to the point where I thought about eating a person I would have to leave the group or mabe even take my own life. I couldn't live with my self If i killed another human to eat them, or even eating a person knowing they are someone's loved one. I think I would just leave the group hoping to find somthing to survive.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I know there are a lot of moral questions that should go along with making a choice like this, but i only have one thing to say.

Nice day for a BBQ.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
well, well.

Let's tackle the heart of the moral issue first.

Do you eat any red meat? any animal? That isn't very humane, now is it?

You know, cows are smart and revered in some cultures, pigs are pets to some people, also smart. Cats and dogs are delicacy, as well as live birds not out of the shell yet.

Where do you draw the line of ok, tasty, and sick? Working in a processing plant, cutting up cow, I saw that the meat isn't much different at all, and they could have been sending me human slabs of meat, and I would have been none the wiser.

If you are a omnivore/carnivore, then, I don't really see the argument in not eating human flesh (for survival at least) ... since flesh is flesh. I would have argued prior to working in that plant, but no longer. I also don't touch flesh of any kind personally, including fish (I own a large fish, that would be like you eating your pet or a distant relative of it at least).

I am sure I could find something else, but I would defend myself and kill someone who was trying to kill me, and wouldn't restrict those around me from eating away at that person's corpse.

The only type of eating of flesh I do, doesn't consist of harsh mastication nor swallowing of solid substances

Here is another question for you all that WOULD eat the other person ...

Would you eat yourself?

I mean, if your leg/arm was already lost and laying there ... would you cook your own flesh and eat it (or raw)?

If you were alone, would you consider removing a body part to survive a bit longer?

Just seeing how far this can be taken

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join