It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you have to eat but all there are is other people..what do you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78quite simply, in that situation, would you eat another human?only if they were already dead or would you kill them to eat them?

I think I'd be forced to order in...Chinese anybody?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Some people seem to be getting a bit upset at the thought of eating human flesh and that its inhuman or more animal like but this is competely untrue. Humans have been eating each other for thousands of years. Some cultures have done it by eating the heart to take the power of there enemies, other cultures have BBQed there dead loved ones which are then consumed by the whole village. Then there's your good old bone through the nose type cannibal tribes like in Papua New Guinea who all caught CJD from eating human brains.

I dont think any one can honestly say one way or the other until put in a situation were they are forced to either eat or die. Luckerly for most of us, this will never happen.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'd eat sum1 who's already dead no problem. Apparently the female forearm is the tastiest human meat by the way lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This thread kinda makes me wonder if there are cannibals posting in it. It has stepped into the dark side of human debauchery so who knows, we may be in the midst of a Hannibal of our very own.

Thinking about this makes your mind boggle as to what people will do when deprived of anything.

Would you indulge in relations with a relative if there were no other alternative?

If you had to choose to save one of your two children what would you do? What if you either choose one or both will be killed?

What other things would come into question under extreme circumstances?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I would not kill a person to eat them. I would try to survive any way I could and help them to do so, but if they were to die I would probably eat them if there was no other option. The body is after all, just a suit of meat that the sole wears for a short while. The only thing about this that would stop me up short is....I could not eat my children or another family member, I believe I would starve to death before I would eat family. Oh, and I don't think I could eat Courtney Love either , so hopefully I will never be on a plane over the Ande's with her.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'd probably just go up to the other people and ask if I could have just a bite or two. No need to be greedy.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This reminds me of an outerlimits episode i think in which a group of teens goes into a cave and unleashes some sort of curse that blocked out the sun. To fix the curse they have to kill one of their friends to save the world.

Sure enough they killed one of their friends to save their life. They drew straws.

In this far fetched example it really shows how easily people can resort to killing to survive.

I would probably hold out as long as i could. If someone died and we were all up to it maybe wed eat that person.

If there was someone that was crazy id probably rally everyone to make him dinner

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is one of those questions you always wonder about if someone's keeping tabs on.

I honestly can't conceive of many situations where I'd have to kill and eat someone in order to survive. It's simply too easy to get UnLost, even in the Andes, as long as you have the right skills and a clear head.

Stuck way up in the mountains? Walk down hill, below the tree-line, find a river, follow it downstream, pretty soon you'll find food and/or civilization.

Stuck in a cave? Find your way out or start digging. You'll die of asphyxiation before you starve to death.

Stuck in a camp somewhere with no food? Find the latrine and eat the maggots in the dung.

Stuck in a box/spaceship/etc. with no other organic matter except another human being? Work together to figure out how to get out.

Are there guards to stop you? They'll probably kill you as soon as you try to escape. Unless they're waiting for one of you to eat the other, then they'll probably feed you if you comply with whatever it is they want, and if they don't, it's not like they'd let you walk out either.

There's just no real conceivable notion I can think of that I'd get stuck in where my only choice at all is eat another human or die of starvation. If, however, in the extremely improbable scenario where this came down to my wife or child's life versus someone else's? I think it's fair to say that there are very few situations where I Would not do what it takes to ensure their survival.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It made me very sad to see the number of people who would be so selfish as to kill someone to save themselves. I sure hope there are a lot more nice people out there than there are of you!

For those of you who would kill to save their own skin, what makes you think you're the one who would do the killing? Maybe there's someone out there stronger that will kill and eat you first! Doesn't sound quite as good of an idea now, does it?

And if morals are no longer in question for survival, what if I'm dying from kidney failure? Can I come to your house and take one of your kidneys? After all, I am just trying to survive....

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
It made me very sad to see the number of people who would be so selfish as to kill someone to save themselves. I sure hope there are a lot more nice people out there than there are of you!

That is what survival is about, im not sure i would actualy kill somebody but i wouldnt have a problem eating human flesh in an situation where it was the only option.

In a mass survival situation nobody will be 'nice'. People will think of themself first.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
well, i find it sad that most won't do it to survive cause the world has placed their morals upon you...we are talking life or death..

you crash in the andes and you have a wife and kid home....you wouldn't eat a person to stay alive?
well, ok but not me....self preservation and you know it would be justified too.

i can't believe all these people that get bent....let me guess, all the people that said they would are bad people right?

meh...you gotta do what you gotta do....

and for the record, i'm thinking it's not so easy to just follow the trees or whatever and hike out of the andes.

and again, like i said with the change of scenerio.
you and 5 people on a dingy floating in the middle of th pacific. no grubs or any other food source anywhere.

what do you do then?
just curl up, starve, suffer and die?

not me

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
id never kill a fellow human to eat them, i would rather die
stuck on a boat? whats under you? water, and water is filled with food
you just gota know how to get it

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I agree with jbondo, it does sound like there are some cannibals here. This is a very sick topic and shows hoe dark the human mind really is. It seems there are quite a bit of you who did not even think about it and that shows a lot about your character, if you did kill someone to survive it is Murder. I would never eat human flesh, if I was stranded in the mountains in freezing weather I would hike till I died or found wildlife. There is always other means to survive. You would be surprised.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And quite appropriately, the OP has "The Butcher" as his avatar. How fitting....

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It is a dark subject, but it is also one that has reared its' head in real life. Unfortunately there have been instances in modern times where people have been forced to make this choice. I'm sure that the majority of those faced with this dilemma had never even considered the possibility that they may have to eat another humans muscle to survive. Who's to say you won't be the next person who has to choose?

I'm essentially a moral person. However those who have read my posts in this forum will realise that when it comes to survival I put morals in the bin. If it came down to it I'd do what I had to do to stay alive. I have no problems with killing to survive. I've been put in the situation where I have had to kill people as part of my job, to protect myself and my mates, so if it came to killing someone to keep myself alive then there is no debate. It is a big step to go from killing someone to eating them, but if push came to shove then I believe that I'd do what is required to stay alive.

Graveyards are full of people who have had a severe attack of the morals at inopportune times.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
player87, what you gonna do in the middle of the pacific? have not had food in a few days and no water. hot as hell, nothing around you....you gonna dive in and catch the marlin by hand?

i guess.

paigcal, it sounds like there are cannibles here cause some of us can realize the reality of this scenerio?
who is saying we wouldn't think about it?
i have thought about it. thought about it alot. thats why i started the thread. i wanted to see what other people thought...

please tell me what it reveals about my character by me saying if i was in that scenerio, i would resort to that to live? i would like to know. and btw, yeah, i'd kill someone to eat them if there was nothing else...would i do it with a smile on my face and be all giddy? of course not. i imagine it would be repulsive BUT, i would be alive.
imo, thats what life is all about...at it's most basic, we are here to have kids and live as long as we can. sure, there are emotions and that tossed in but we are a human animal. we want/need to survive....

closettrekkie, yeah, fitting i guess. it's one of my favorite movies(i'm irish. traced my roots back to that time....) amnd i liked the character.

ohhhh, that coupled with this thread makes me a bad guy.
wow

paddy, that was a good post.
i live by my own set of morals, not yours or hers or gods or anyone elses...if thats what i have to do to live, thats what i will do.
you can curl up and die or you can fight and live.
i can understand people saying they wouldn't kill a person to eat them but if you are starving and that morning someone that was stranded with you died, i can't imagine NOT eating it...i really can't.
i can NOT fathom imminent death if i do not eat while there is a pile of 'meat' laying right there. it just don't compute...not for me

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
OK This is stupid.

I would NEVER eat a human to survive, and Ill tell you exactly why.

What the hell is going to happen when you run out of humans to eat.
You must do something else to survive, even if you were to survive after eating another human, it would affect your mind for the rest of your life.

If someone wanted to eat me, I would kill him in self defence and throw away his body.

Id figure out another way to survive, or die in peace knowing I havent eaten a human.

Also another VERY important thing is, that these humans you may think about killing and eating, might actually be more use to you ALIVE, team work can do wonders in such situations, we could figure something out together, a way to survive.

So its possible that you could kill somebody to survive, but then later die of hunger, OR you could help each other, combine your minds and figure a way to survive for many years.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
OK This is stupid.

I would NEVER eat a human to survive, and Ill tell you exactly why.

What the hell is going to happen when you run out of humans to eat.

If someone wanted to eat me, I would kill him in self defence and throw away his body.

Id figure out another way to survive, or die in peace knowing I havent eaten a human.

Also another VERY important thing is, that these humans you may think about killing and eating, might actually be more use to you ALIVE, team work can do wonders in such situations, we could figure something out together, a way to survive.

So its possible that you could kill somebody to survive, but then later die of hunger, OR you could help each other, combine your minds and figure a way to survive for many years.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by _Phoenix_]

well, instead of dying at the 4 week mark, what if the humans allowed you to live 2-3 however many weeks till you got rescued or found more food? are you not thinking about that?

about killing the person that wanted to eat you and throwing away the body...well, clearly you would kill, just not to eat....makes little sense to me but o well. what if you were in a crash like in the andes and say you had several broken ribs or a back injury?
how you gonna defend against someone wanting to eat you?

and for the record, i didn't invent these scenerios. they are all real, documented situations. was watching history channel where it was tlaking about several situations where cannabilism happened and all these scenerios where in it...not the andes one though. i read it in a book

what is team work going to do for you on a dingy? all gonna paddle out in teh middle of the drink? where you going to get the energy for anything in any of these situations past the couple day mark? no food, probably little water, hot or cold, possibly hurt....just how much energy does one have?
enough to hike the cold andes in elevation where you can't breathe? how you gonna shield your face from the freezing wind?
i'm thinking a rock to a dude takes much less energy. then, MAYBE you would have the energy to TRY something...
you have to think of all angles...sorry but the 'i would just find another way' deal don't hold water for me....
what if there simply is no other way??

it is also possible you could live off of someone long enough to find another food source or get rescued and live for many years, or team up, try with limited energy to do something, then die...

sew, it goes both ways...

this is a there is NO OTHER OPTION....not i would find bugs...assume you tried to find bugs...get your head to the place where it is this or death.
that was th point of this thread....i mean, this is th esurvival forum.'
is that not the ultimeate(for lack of a better word) survival technique/test of strength/test of will...
eat or be eaten? kill or be killed?

yet thinking about it syas bad things about your character, especially since you have the butcher as an avater....

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well i would start slicing those that arent my friends and have some nice ribs for dinner
sounds like dinner i have no problems killing other humans for my own survival but im kinda crazy so ya know

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
No matter what happens, or how you feel, you are still killing someone against their will, therefore its simply wrong, simple as that. Would you REALLY want to live after killing and eating another human. I mean how could you live happily after that.

If the guy died naturally, I guess it would be ok to eat him/her thou. But the killing is the wrong thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join