It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't know what precipitated this but it appears whenever my thoughts/feelings are very strong & sustaining for a period of time, people close by pick up on it.

For example the other day I did not take a break to have a snack. I became very hungry but wanted to finish a project 1st before having something to eat. A couple of things occurred. Either I made certain people hungry & they left or people started bringing me snacks.

Another example was when I was working alone which I wanted at 1st for peace & quiet. Then I felt I wanted people around me as long as they remained quiet. Within a few minutes I got my wish. I practiced this example on several occasions to replicate the experiment.

Of course my SO responds naturally more strongly. Sometimes I'll be doing something while thinking about something in my head & if he's in the same room, he'll turn around & say "What?" Of course I had not said anything out loud but he heard me talking in my head. Hehe.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
congratulations! with what you've found out. I sense you're a strong kind of person. sensitive to things.

to create right places at the right times. take the fullest of your experiences! be they good or worse. you seem well centered.

probably the best explanation I've heard ever since.

you tend to understand yourself.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
I don't know what precipitated this but it appears whenever my thoughts/feelings are very strong & sustaining for a period of time,
people close by pick up on it.

a half hour is long ? or is 3 hours long ?

are the 'close by' people intuitive, smart, empaths, indigos, or just
plain Joe & Jane schmo' who scarf diet colas all day?

what your presenting leads me to believe that your astral self
takes command or has a strong presence in an environment,

magick works on many levels, even un-consciously, if so endowed...

you may want to explore the apparent results further,

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You might just be broadcasting thoughts out to others. You don't have to be conscious of your telepathic side, to pick up on what others are broadcasting.

I've many times would think of a song that wouldn't be popular or well known, and if i'm broadcasting, someone in the room would be actually singing that song in a matter of minutes.

If this bothers you, try closing down your mind. That would be my best suggestion to you.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Thats interesting...

I've had that happen where I've had a song stuck in my head and I get it stuck in someone else's head just by thinking about it.

Ha ha, I feel mischievous when it happens.

But then again, I'm psychic so it comes as no big surprise to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Don't you think that your work collegues were simply aware that you hadn't taken a break and wanted to help? How were they aware? well they probably see you 5 out of 7 days - we naturally tune into people, so by defination that can't be supernatural.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Don't you think that your work collegues were simply aware that you hadn't taken a break and wanted to help? How were they aware? well they probably see you 5 out of 7 days - we naturally tune into people, so by defination that can't be supernatural.

I think that there is a lot to be said about the regular environment and people. We are now aware of body language who knows what other none verbal communication is going down? It doesn't really mean it is paranormal.

That said some psychic bloke some years ago told me I "had great empathy and would be a great healer....blah, blah blah etc" He went on to say I have been blocking it out as protection, as I was not actually aware of it. My coping mechanism was denial I think he was saying.

I said it is a load of nonsense. Yea sure on occasion I can lucky guess whats going down with someone but that I felt it was just a body language type of thing.

Then a few days back I chanced upon a lady who was happy to listen to my ramblings. I have never felt as close., comfortable and as understanding to someone so quickly as I was then. Now here's the thing I still cannot get. We were talking about stuff and she says to me "Hope you don't mind me asking but are you empathic?"

The lines of conversation that followed I cannot remember but I am still stunned. I knew there was something about the girl. I felt so close, that I could and wanted to touch her hands, hug her etc.

I felt comfortable but was also being very respectful. It felt like a closeness beyond touch. From the other side of the table I could feel like a huge hug...that is the only way I can describe it. I really am struggling to write the words here.

She knew!! She felt what I was feeling about her and she went on about my sensitivity to the situation. She told me not to worry if I feel like touching her it was fine.."I am a Mediterranean" she said.

During the next five hours of conversation (yes five hours!!) we got to know a little about each other and it turns out, as I see it now, that I was picking up the free and easy "hug and kissy" culture of her Mediterranean roots but also the fact that she was Muslim and so was unsure how far to proceed!! And that she was picking this up from me!!! I have never met the woman before in my life and I cant wait to see her again!!

On which point, as we were walking about I was thinking about how to mention the subject of "Do you want to meet again?" when she chirps in "I hope you don't mind me saying but I think we should meet again if it is OK with you?" I laughed and said "I was just thinking about how to ask you?" and She said " I know, I told you I feel it here...." While placing her hand on the left side of her sternum. Does that mean anything to anyone here?

It was a wonderful experience but while I talked I felt she already knew what was on my mind. For example, she was catching a bus and I thought to myself if I offer her a lift in my car we can talk longer. Then I thought no way will she get in a car with a stranger anyway. Then she says "How did you get here today?" I said I was just thinking about giving her a lift but thought that it wouldn't be right to ask as she may think me a weirdo or something. She said "You are worried about me getting in a car with you...." She went on to say about knowing I wished her no harm. I have been a life long pacifist, I will always try to shepherd a fly out of my home rather than harm it. I am telling you...the conversation we had over the car thing....I know she knew I cannot harm anything!!

I have many questions for her not least how the hell does Islam stack up against this paranormal stuff??

A thought that has occurred to me is my ATS log-in name "Allah the Moon God". I have no idea why I used it at ATS, I had and have no interest in any of the mono god religions..I do not believe in a god. My viewpoint is of a "universal consciousness". *cue Twilight Zone music*

I can see that I am about to have many interesting conversations ahead (hopefully).......and I had better not mention my ATS log-in name

Thing is if she can read my mind etc...she already knows!!!

Now what do you think guys. Uncanny psychic, telepathic or empathic abilities or just a brilliant mind manipulator with cold reading skills?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

the thing is, we are the supernatural, we are the paranormal.

this 'tuning in' is it. okay, so synchronicities and 'picking up' things of others is natural.

but somehow, there are people who can literally fine tune, and pick up things that are very personal, things that happened in your past, or will be able to happen in your future. I believe in.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
the thing is, we are the supernatural, we are the paranormal.

I'm not too sure what you mean here, IMO we can't be either supernatural or paranormal.

I, you - we all have devoloped to live and understand our enviroment, naturally. So I would reserve the word supernatural to describe the world(s) we have not devoloped to live in - super as in extra, extraordinary.

The same goes for 'normal'.

new topics

top topics

join