It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisibility!!! Must be working

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hello there.
Now i've researched a little bit for this thread. Well i came to think about invisibilty when I read the article with THE PHILADELPHIA PROJECT - PROJECT RAINBOW AND THE USS ELDRIDGE.

Now. I know that Australian scientists has 'teleported' light. See the following links for articles:
Q&A: Teleportation
Australian teleport breakthrough

Well, they did 'teleport' a beam of light from one place in the lab to another. It has something to do with 2 photons made at the same time (Or something like that) im not 100% sure of what happens.
But of what i've understood i see that 2 photons (or atoms) can be entangled and when you do something with number 1, numer 2 will do excactly the same... Even though they are metres from eachother (Kinda sick to think about) I understodd that if number 1 is positive, number 2 is negative... Ahm very confusing if you ask me. If anyone can simplify it please do.

Then i researched about the eye and i thought right about the eye, the thing i was doubting was... Does the eye send out a "wave" then it comes back with the thing it sees... Kinda like dolphins. Or is it the light that reflects the object into the eye, it is. Okay so no light = you can't see anything... (Duh!
)

Well then i came to think about, if light can get through a thing, the thing is transparent (kind of invisible). Take a window, the light can go through and it is transparent... Then i came to think about when its dark outside and bright inside you can't look out of the window, it will work like a mirror i dont understand that ?

Then we agree if the light gets through a person, the person would be transparent ?

Blue: Ball etc.
Green: People
Red: Mirrors
Black: Light reflection on the ball

Well the person most to the left would only see the ball if the other man had 4 large mirrors
That way he would be kinda invisble hehe.

If a man whore a "suit" or something that could collect the light reflections from the ball and then transported it to the other side of the person as if no person was there... the person to the left would only see the light from the ball...

All we need to invent is a whole suit that can collect and teleport light as fast as light is

Ahm, I think that was all. What do you think about the idea ? Would it be possible...

Cya
-Quane

PS: Hope that someone will reply

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Light gets through things all the time. Visible light is not all the light there is. X-Rays for instance can travel through walls and clothing that is not transparent. They are light waves.

Just a different frequency.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
x-rays arent photons.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
x-rays arent photons.

Are x-rays a different frequency of light waves or not?

chandra.harvard.edu...

[Edited on 1/6/2004 by Seapeople]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not that this is actually what you are referring to it could still be of interest~

Visual or Optical stealth is not only in the military industry R&D right now but it is also breaking into the public sector in Japan in the form of a "see through" coat with hood.

Public sector research is also under way to include microwave absorbant material in the coat.
Here's 2 links:

www.able2know.com...

www.routemagazine.co.uk...

IF the technology is viable for military applications, (and it is) and it is known that the defense industry is working on it (and it is) then chances are the defense industry is far more advanced of what you see in the public sector.

Japanese visual stealth jacket:

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
People are working on this...they are using tiny cameras all over, and the image is projected onto the direct opposite side to make it appear as if you are looking through. It would be complicated to make this work well however, as you have to take into account people looking from all angles and other environmental variables.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
EVERYTHING is mostly empty space (i.e. the space between the atoms, molecules, etc.). Solidity is only a relative factor of one density to another... A chair "feels" solid to me, because of a relational density to my hand/ass, etc.

I still like my idea for optical invisibility...encasement with fiber optic tubes, where each opening is opposite the other, at a 360 degree coverage (whether suit or armor skin), so that no matter what angle you viewed it from, you'd see "through" it technically...(though with a Predator like distortion)....

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
People are working on this...they are using tiny cameras all over, and the image is projected onto the direct opposite side to make it appear as if you are looking through. It would be complicated to make this work well however, as you have to take into account people looking from all angles and other environmental variables.

I've seen a defense industry demo on this sort of thing and it was spooky, current research is working on a variety of methods to accomplish this from several differing methods - the one I saw was using facetted glass fiber ends.

It was pretty effective; as the angles changed a different facet was beaming towards you, so there were distortions in what you were seeing as the object moved but they were surprisingly minute, luminance levels were more of an issue.

I could see how if this was applied to an aircraft , a boat or an artillery piece (once downsized and perfected) that it could be highly effective.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
To make this work without any distortions, you must make sure that every photon that hits your suite, is transported and then send out again, continues in the same direction. The path of the photon must for the observer be the same as the path it would go normally. Otherwise you get problems with the parallax. These problems mean that when you move head when you look for example at a desk with such a suit before it, the part of the desk with the suit before it will move more to the side than the rest of the desk.

A somewhat strange explanation of parallax, but the best I could find in a short time (and it has some nice extra information): here.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Mirages are the bending of light because of heat. They can render stuff behind them virtually invisible. I have always felt that this effect could be exploited, in some way to bring about the effect you all describe.

-P

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
forsakenwayfarer wrote:

x-rays arent photons

Why did you wrote it ? I can't figure it out ? Well, what IS x-rays anyway?

Ahm, if you can teleport the photons, you must be able to "catch" them to teleport them to a place. Can't you make kind of a hologram (like from Starwars) then? If you stop the photons. Or if you teleport the photons from the light reflection of your body to another place. Wouldn't it seem like you where standing there ? Like a fatamogana (I know I didn't spell that right) ?

-Quane

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
With Optical Camouflage, wouldn't the person inside the suit still produce a shadow since they are displacing light? I sometimes get a bit edgy when I see shadows that I cannot trace back to a source

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Final_Wave
With Optical Camouflage, wouldn't the person inside the suit still produce a shadow since they are displacing light? I sometimes get a bit edgy when I see shadows that I cannot trace back to a source

I think that the current line of thought with DoD planners is not having a perfect optical camoflauge system where someone can walk around like a totally invisible ghost casting no shadows, and say, slice the throat of an opponent with impunity while his horrified comrades watch from close proximity and cannot see the perpetrator.

Of course if there were a technology breakthrough that would do that I'm sure they would embrace it quickly, but currently that is probably not the case.

Rather I would think that if you can have an aircraft at altitude that can change colors and luminance along with the sky above or below it, or if a sniper in a clump of weeds can assume the appearance of his/her background from an adequate sniping distance or similar applications and distances, that would be considered a successful system... at least for the time being.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quane
Why did you wrote it ? I can't figure it out ? Well, what IS x-rays anyway?

X-rays are a form of light (also called electromagnetic radiation).

X-Rays are rays of light with a frequency between 10^17 and 10^19 Hertz. You can also see x-rays as photons with an energy between 10^3 and 10^5 eV.

Visible light has a frequency around 10^15 Hertz and the photons of visible light have a energy around 10 eV.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
postings:

Hmm isnt that what they did with Philidelphia? Id like to be invisible, but not if it murged me with my suit!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Just because something isn't visible doesn't mean it will be undetectable...

Perception is synergistic, if it sounds like a person approaching, produces body heat and smells like deodorant a well trained soldier will shoot it...

Vision alone is overrated...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
I think that the current line of thought with DoD planners is not having a perfect optical camoflauge system where someone can walk around like a totally invisible ghost casting no shadows, and say, slice the throat of an opponent with impunity while his horrified comrades watch from close proximity and cannot see the perpetrator.

That has to be the final goal for all optical camo.Man has dreamed of it since Hermes' Helmet of Invisibility in Greek mythology perhaps even longer back. But I agree we have to be thinking more along the lines of a chameleon or the alien in the movie Predator for the future. Not invisible but well adapted to blending into a enviroment.

I envy the fact that you saw a demo of this tech. The goverment has not been tipping its hand on this tech. We get information that they are working on it and little more.

Professor Tachi's Jacket is proof enough for me that the basic concept works even if his version is far from practical for a military applications.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
x-rays arent photons.

You know something interesting? Last time I checked they were.
A photon is described in physic as a packet of electromagnetic radiation (x-rayZ included), having negligible mass and scalar volume.
On the other hand you may have a spelling error on "proton" and sorry.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Another answer to this problem could be tackling it from another angle.
Electromagnetic radiation (including light) , much like all waves suffer from convergent (adding) and destructive (breaking down) radiation (fringe separation experiment - proof).
So as to destroy all visible radiation around you, you could emit destructive visible radiation, plus those stupid camera suit that man has, or more effective i think would be just an ambient clour such as greyish brown.
If I was in the battle field an saw a greyish blob I wouldn't take much notice!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I have read up the philidelpia project too or project rainbow, and I think I know how they done it...
Light is on the EM spectrum like infa red, X-rays and micro waves. So this would mean it has a higher magnetic field than a normal wave like....sound.
Now if you have a large EM generator and manage to control it correctly , isnt it possible to "bend" the light so that it curves out of you view , that way you cant see it...
Thoughts?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join