It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-117: Omnibus Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Welcome back!!
It was an edgy experience particularly as Sunitha Williams is an Indian American and Indians are all proud of her.

So was Kalpana Chawla. From India. It was a tragedy of huge proportions when she went down with Columbia.

Way to go Suni. The one billion people of India congratulate you and the crew of the spcae shuttle!

I hate to take a crap on your parade, but........

I really hate the nationalism over the men and women that work in space.
These are the people of Earth building a future for mankind.

It may just be my feeling on the subject, but I hate to classify humans into categories.

ONE EARTH, ONE PEOPLE.
IT'S OUR FUTURE......

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I really hate the nationalism over the men and women that work in space.
These are the people of Earth building a future for mankind.

It may just be my feeling on the subject, but I hate to classify humans into categories.

ONE EARTH, ONE PEOPLE.
IT'S OUR FUTURE......

Yes I fully agree with you AD. We are one - the people of Earth! On a quest to reach out for the stars and secure the future of mankind.

But alas, these are noble thoughts, a little futuristic! We haven't even completed Phase 1. We've a long long way to go. Anyway, I don't find anything wrong in being proud of an astronaut who is from one's country. And she's broken the record for the longest stay on board the ISS for a woman. As an Indian I'm proud! Call me parochial! So be it!

Cheers!

[edit on 23-6-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
But alas, these are noble thoughts, a little futuristic!

I can't deny your pride, though I think the future is gonna sneak up and bite you in the ass before you know it.
Every nation with a rocket will be heading for the Moon in a few years, and I think private industry like Virgin will be the spark that sets it off, even if it's sub-orbital at the start.
Once Bigalo has a destination we'll have anyone with money going up for a vacation.

On a separate note:
I didn't get to see the walk around after the landing, and I know Sunita had a work-out regimen while in orbit, she even ran a marathon.
Was she able to walk off the ship.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I didn't get to see the walk around after the landing, and I know Sunita had a work-out regimen while in orbit, she even ran a marathon.
Was she able to walk off the ship.

Darn! Man, if you're crapping around in zero G for all of six weightless months, you can't expect Suni to go ball room dancing on stepping out of that tin can!!

Cheers!

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join