It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS have vote by members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Without trying to be rude to the community on ATS, I feel sometimes let down by the amount of fake stuff thats been displayed i.e Aliens ect.

Deny ignorance is a great motto!

I come to this site to learn about the real world. I am sure others do.

I know ATS is a business and making money is apart of it, Advertising revenue and such.

Is it me or are more folk putting IMHO more crap on just to get points?
To me this lowers the tone of ATS, Would I be wrong by asking for more stringent measures for posts? I do understand that when it comes to Denying ignorance you have to let stuff be posted that you may or may not feel is the truth, My point is I would rather read a quality post then spend my time reading what could be thought of as rubbish, torn to bits by the debunkers out there. Something with real substance.

Am I gulity of narrow mindness? I dont know.

Can the powers that be agree to a vote for more stringent measures for posts?

I am all for a section dealing with the best hoax! Would that not inspire other to do creative works for all to read?

I understand that I have no rights to tell others what do post in any form or anyway.

Please try to understand....Many regards id123

I like real thought making reads, thats all

I trying to have an open mind, any and all thought welcome!

[edit on 6-6-2007 by Id123]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I am all for a section dealing with the best hoax!

thats a good idea. The problem with that though is no hoaxer wants to post in the hoax section because it would cross the line from hoax to fiction.
And i think the flag system is supposed to let users weed out the stuff thats not important.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Looks like no vote then...arggh

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree entirely

They could provide a sort of "Deny Ingorence" forum catagory where, you couldn't actually START a thread, but MODS could stick the threads of TRUE substance in there.

The O'HARE UFO thread would go in there for instance, a BRILLIANT example of this community at it finest

This way, any thing WITHOUT article/news source, or any true verification would be "left outside" so to speak. And nobody would feel they're being called a "hoaxer" or a "time waster", because threads would be selected PURELY on verified/quality content alone.

I think alot could benifit from such a system, i agree that its sometimes tiring having to work through the "faff" to get to the good stuff

Good Thread.

AoN

[edit on 6-6-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Many thanks, just a quick thought people could post more of there views on this

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Damm no edit button, arrgh. Not good make a mistake and thats that!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
ID123; here is a post that you should probably read on the same subject. It was posted just last week and you may want to join the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join