It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's something in the air in Rome: Cocaine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   

There's something in the air in Rome: Cocaine

www.reuters.com

Scientists have discovered particles of coc aine and marijuana, as well as caffeine and tobacco, in the air of Italy's capital, they said on Thursday.

The concentration of drugs was heaviest in the air around Rome's Sapienza university, though the National Research Council's Dr. Angelo Cecinato warned against drawing conclusions about students' recreational habits.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Politicians caught out in TV drug test

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Interesting research - looks like the Italians really like all sorts of drugs. I remember certain similar research, when Italian parlaments toilets were examined and they found also large ammounts of coc aine, marijuana and other drugs. And also when politicians caught out in TV drug test. This time it is the air that the students around Rome's Sapienza universit are exhaling, which has more drug particles then CO2.

www.reuters.com

[edit on 6/6/07 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Interesting research - looks like the Italians really like all sorts of drugs. I remember certain similar research, when Italian parlaments toilets were examined and they found also large ammounts of coc aine, marijuana and other drugs. And also when politicians caught out in TV drug test. This time it is the air that the students around Rome's Sapienza universit are exhaling, which has more drug particles then CO2.

www.reuters.com

[edit on 6/6/07 by Souljah]

Sounds like an opportunity for some entrepreneur in Rome to start filtering the air and selling a hodge-podge of used drugs for a discount price.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Reminds me of this story:

Scientists have found large quantities of a coc aine by-product in a river in northern Italy - suggesting consumption is much higher than previously thought.
The River Po was found to be carrying the equivalent of nearly 4kg (8.8lb) of coc aine daily. The Po Valley is home to about five million people.

The study estimated daily consumption to be about 27 doses (100mg or 0.004oz each) per 1,000 young adults.

Source.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Must be a lot of happy party-goers in Rome. Think Amsterdam just lost some tourists?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
well that explains my need to continue going back!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Also being discussed in this thread by Flyers Fan.

ATS link

top topics

join