It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty International fights the erosion of online freedoms.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Censorship 'changes face of net'

Original Source:
BBC NEWS

More and more governments are realising the utility of controlling what people see online and major internet companies, in an attempt to expand their markets, are colluding in these attempts," he said.

According to the latest Open Net Initiative report on internet filtering, at least 25 countries now apply state-mandated net filtering including Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Burma, Ethiopia, India, Iran, Morocco and Saudi Arabia.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I don't know about you, but I'm glad to see someone step up.

Amnesty International is a group that fights for human rights and equality worldwide.

Sometimes I wonder what governments are afraid of when they censor sites. Maybe we'll start to chat with people of common interest that reside in countries we're at war with?
Who know?

With the way some civil liberties and being peel back here in the US, I sometimes wonder if we'll be next. Will there some a time when we will not be able to log on to Al Jazeera?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Their scared people will rebel against the governments, that's why they are trying to censorship the internet. Think about it before we had the internet they censored T.V. now that we have the internet it is a lot easier for somebody in the United States to know exactly whats going on in China or North Korea because of the internet.

new topics

join