It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 Million Year Old U.F.O. Fossil??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Unbelievable and alien to their enviroment. Could these actually be fossilized U.F.O.'s?

The UFO gangues were found in an abandoned heap of gangues. There are several coal mines around the heap. Gangues are the abandoned materials left after the coal has been extracted from the rock. Among these UFO gangues, several of them have diameters over 4.9 feet and thicknesses between 7.9 inches and 23.6 inches. They weighed between 1764 pounds and 1 ton.

link.
en.epochtimes.com...

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Fowl Play]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
very interesting. I'm quite skeptical that these are 'fossilized UFOs'. They look more like clams to me.

Nice find though Fowl.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't think metal and such fossilize. Only organic matter does that.

So, do I believe these are ufo's? No.

Just weird rocks. That's it.

But very interesting weird rocks.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm down with the Major on this one...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah, metal doesn't fossilize. It rusts. And besides, them's gotta be some pretty teensy little aliens in them ships, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I don't think metal and such fossilize. Only organic matter does that.

So, do I believe these are ufo's? No.

Just weird rocks. That's it.

But very interesting weird rocks.

Just curious. Why doesnt metal fossilize? Even though it rust that doesnt matter.

Mud could incase it, then it would rust, then other mud fills the hole. Right?

Anyway the pic looks like natural rock formation to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Yeah, metal doesn't fossilize. It rusts. And besides, them's gotta be some pretty teensy little aliens in them ships, don't you think?

Just for the record aliens might be teensy. And I think metal can fossilize.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Earth2, are you proposing that aliens would build a vessel out of Iron or steel?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Earth2, are you proposing that aliens would build a vessel out of Iron or steel?

Absolutely not, I have no idea what they are built out of. That is if they are even built out of metal, or built period.

I was just stating that I believe steel can be fossilized.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

Just for the record aliens might be teensy. And I think metal can fossilize.

There is a limit to how big an alien species that is sentient and capable of developing
space travel would be.

Those rocks, if it were being argued that they were alien spacecraft, are far to small
for any sentient creature to fit in and also house an interstellar engine, let alone any of
the other necessities one would need for space flight.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
These "gangues" are 300 million years old and created as a
byproduct of coal mining? Mankind was pretty advanced 300
million years ago it seems. I guess mankind really does recycle
over and over again, as someone on ATS posted awhile back.
Cool.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
There is a limit to how big an alien species that is sentient and capable of developing
space travel would be.

Those rocks, if it were being argued that they were alien spacecraft, are far to small
for any sentient creature to fit in and also house an interstellar engine, let alone any of
the other necessities one would need for space flight.

Your kidding right? Please explain why an alien has to be a certain size to be able to space travel.

It seems to me they could be 2 inches tall and still do there thing.
The only limit is inteligence.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Your kidding right? Please explain why an alien has to be a certain size to be able to space travel.

It seems to me they could be 2 inches tall and still do there thing.
The only limit is inteligence.

I said there's a size limit for a species that has become sentient and subsequently
developed space travel to be technical.

It's quite simple though, there is a limit to how small a single entities brain can be to be sentient.

Brains are made of of Neurons and axons, sentience and complex thought are only possible
because we have largeish brains with so many of them.

Anything that was 2 inches tall would not be able to house a brain big enough to develop
conscience, unless it was a kind of hive mind, where-by at least hundreds of them were all
connected and the brain power from all the of them was added up into one,
sort of like distributed computing.

But even than it would be incredibly difficult to set-up a stand alone version of
a hive mind with so few units.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

I said there's a size limit for a species that has become sentient and subsequently
developed space travel to be technical.

It's quite simple though, there is a limit to how small a single entities brain can be to be sentient.

Brains are made of of Neurons and axons, sentience and complex thought are only possible
because we have largeish brains with so many of them.

Anything that was 2 inches tall would not be able to house a brain big enough to develop
conscience, unless it was a kind of hive mind, where-by at least hundreds of them were all
connected and the brain power from all the of them was added up into one,
sort of like distributed computing.
But even than it would be incredibly difficult to set-up a stand alone version of
a hive mind with so few units.

Yes but you are thinking earth science. You dont know for sure thats how it is on planet whatever from the galaxy over there. May be a whole set of different rules there.

Maybe they dont use brains, maybe they process in a different way. You are only guessing and so am I. So you cant say for sure they cant be 2 inches tall.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Yes but you are thinking earth science. You dont know for sure thats how it is on planet whatever from the galaxy over there. May be a whole set of different rules there.

Regardless of where they come from, the laws off physics apply the same everywhere
in the Universe.

A brain, and I say brain because that is what we will call the system of neural and
sensory processing, regardless of if it is in there abdomen or spread throughout the body,
or even a hive mind, will be made up of the equivalent to neurons, neutrons have a
specific size, as the smaller you get the less complex a system can be made, since you
have less parts, so knowing this it is easy to see that there are set boundaries on how
small a sentient being can be.

Maybe they dont use brains, maybe they process in a different way. You are only guessing and so am I. So you cant say for sure they cant be 2 inches tall.

As I said, brains is going to be the term used, even if there brains do not resemble what
we think of when we think of a brain.

I am not guessing, with the hive mind thing I am making a scientifically based theory
on how a sentient mind could develop out of small creatures that otherwise would
not be capable of achieving sentience do to there miniscule brain size.

I can say for sure that there are not going to be saucers flying around crewed by 2 inch
tall aliens that can think for themselves individually.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I dont think they are UFO's and if they were the contense inside of the rock would have also fossilized. break them open?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

Regardless of where they come from, the laws off physics apply the same everywhere
in the Universe.

I can say for sure that there are not going to be saucers flying around crewed by 2 inch
tall aliens that can think for themselves individually.

In theory maybe you are correct.
But unless you have solid evidence to the secret to the universe I believe its possible they could be 2 inches tall. So you cant say for sure.
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to understand anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
wow cool picture! they look like flying saucers but who knows! they look pretty cool regardless of what they are

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Gah, can't stand it when someone says "the laws of physics apply everywhere in the universe" to disprove a particular theory. The statement is 100% correct, the law of "physics" apply everywhere in the universe. But the laws of physics are constaly being made up as we learn something new, and seeing as how the universe is endless, it's one heck of a statement to think the laws of physics that we know of, only in our little grain of sand, apply to the entire universe.

The laws of physics apply everywhere in the universe. But the laws of physics are always changing and always different -- depending where in the universe you are.

So please don't think our current science has the answer to everything. It's limited enough as it is in our own world...let alone the ever growing universe.

Regarding the pictures... I tend to lean towards just interesting shaped rocks. Perhaps they had been carved by the old miners....sharpening tools, who knows. Of course only a guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
There are many laws of physics that are fundamental truths of reality, that are not subject to change.

My point was because neurons are made up of atoms, even if you somehow made
a brain using the smallest element (Hydrogen I think) you still could not make something
the size of a mouse be sentient and capable of achieving space flight.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join